Sign in to follow this  
nigeltastic

Has anyone tested the inquisitor yet?

My current favorite list and the one I'm playing for store championships is palp aces. I use 37 point predator Vader and 34 point targeting computer soontir. I'm curious if anyone has proxied on vassal or elsewhere with the inquisitor in place of soontir, or since he seems like he can quite reasonably be built out at 29 points in place of the palp for a 3 aces list.

Anyone played with the new TAP ace and have feedback?

I haven't played palpmobile with him (I haven't ever played palpmobile actually), but I have been using him with 2 deltas (here).

I can only theorythink about using him in place of Darth Vader. I use him with 31 pts with ptl, V1 and AT. His green 1s make him excellent in close combat, but he hits less than vader from close up. PtL fits him really well, in my opinion, as it allows me a roll or boost action after I TL so that the title makes sure I always have a tl and evade.

I'm planning on using him with a VI Vader and Jax with a standard Fel loadout. Should be fun. Another suggestion I've seen is put Lone Wolf on the Inquisitor and use him as a range 3 sniper with his ability.

His green 1 turns just beg range 1, though.

I'm planning on using him with a VI Vader and Jax with a standard Fel loadout. Should be fun. Another suggestion I've seen is put Lone Wolf on the Inquisitor and use him as a range 3 sniper with his ability.

His green 1 turns just beg range 1, though.

But his ability begs Range 3. 

I've used him a few times. He is rapidly becoming my favorite "ace" and is really hard to beat for his price.

Oh, and keeping him at R3 is where it's at. Don't be suckered by the one-hard; that's just to escape when they get close. This guy's a sniper deluxe with his ability, the title, and AT.

He's a sniper that can really pop up in the weirdest places when needed. He practically 1 teams a Jan + Dash list I went against because I was able to keep him in range 1 or 3 the entire time and everytime he was at 3 he had Focus, evade and TL. He dodged a full 4 HLC twice, it's honestly an amazing little ship that did way more than it's points needed it to do.

I feel he excels at sitting at Range 3. All he needed was that 1 straight, and at least he has banks and barrel roll; he can sit at Range 3 better than almost anything else.

Thing that sorta bugs me is that is a very scummy dial. Why is it on the TAP?

Push the limit lets you:

Declare a target lock, which lets you lay down the range finder and check your range to the enemy.

Then barrel roll back to range 3 if you are just on the line, or if you are out of range of target lock, roll forward to try to get into range and attempt the lock again.

People think the x1 would make the ship over powered, but the v1 action economy alloys the ship to do the range band bouncing with the target lock measuring while getting an evade out of it.

On the cheaper TIE Advanced Prototypes, I would consider the other EPTs since I'll be trying to get them into range 1 for the extra dice.

Edited by Vulf

Because Alpha Squadron Pilots are so terrifying?

Imperials can't toss out a huge amount of hull and shields unless they spam shuttles or Firesprays. And those lists don't exactly deliver outside of some pillbox shenanigans.

Assuming 100 points:

The most ATCs that Imps could field with them on TAPs is 5. With 15 points left over. (Buy a 2nd Raider for the 5th title and ATC?)

Right now they can field 4 on TAs, with 16 points left over.

And we already know how poorly low PS TAs perform with ATC.

Both lists have 20 combined hull and shields. The last 15-16 goes towards a TIE Fighter or it gets spent on upgrades.

Is it a 5th ATC what makes people weak in the knees? Is it autothrusters to help them defend against range 3 attacks?

It is not like imperials can just fly around in circles with TLTs.

Even on the most expensive TAP, the Inquisitor. He may get slightly better average damage than a TIE Interceptor, but he can't double up on mods. And at range 1, he is not better than Vader.

Edited by Vulf

Imperials can't toss out a huge amount of hull and shields unless they spam shuttles or Firesprays. And those lists don't exactly deliver outside of some pillbox shenanigans.

Assuming 100 points:

The most ATCs that Imps could field with them on TAPs is 5. With 15 points left over. (Buy a 2nd Raider for the 5th title and ATC?)

Both lists have 20 combined hull and shields. The last 15-16 goes towards a TIE Fighter or it gets spent on upgrades.

Is it a 5th ATC what makes people weak in the knees? Is it autothrusters to help them defend against range 3 attacks?

Even on the most expensive TAP, the Inquisitor. He may get slightly better average damage than a TIE Interceptor, but he can't double up on mods. And at range 1, he is not better than Vader.

With ATC at range 3, the Inquistitor is essentially an HLC that always has a crit on one of its dice and ignores Autothrusters. Edited by WWHSD

Assuming 100 points:

With ATC at range 3, the Inquistitor is essentially an HLC that always has a crit on one of its dice and ignores Autothrusters.

The Inquisitor's ability doesn't ignore Autothrusters.

Also:

Laetin A'shera — M3-A Interceptor

"Mangler" Cannon (4+2)

Stealth Device

27 points :D

Assuming 100 points:

With ATC at range 3, the Inquistitor is essentially an HLC that always has a crit on one of its dice and ignores Autothrusters.

The Inquisitor's ability doesn't ignore Autothrusters

it sure does. against inqui autothruster are worth nothing as he attacks at range 1

Go read Autothrusters. It doesn't say  "when defending at range 3 against an attack."

It says "if you are beyond range 2"

Same reason Carnor Jax doesn't stop a range 3 Inquisitor from spending focus during the attack. Or Why Zertik Strom doesn't reduce the Inquistor back down to 2 attack die at range 2-3.

The wording on cards is important. If you still disagree, that's okay, your opinion is wrong!!  :o  We can move on and have cake.

Edited by Vulf

Except they do, because of the way Autothrusters is worded. If you are beyond range two, Autothrusters works.

Inquisitor's ability doesn't matter. You only treat the range of the attack as one. You don't treat the distance between the ships as range 1.

lpNeYHt.pngRange 3 to 8bCtjK6.png

Treat your attack as range 1, not treat your ship as if it was positioned at range 1.

Only the attack is only being treated as if it was range 1. The actual Inquisitor's ship is not within 1 of Zertik. Follows the same rules as Autothrusters.

Inquisitor's attack is treated as range 1, so these are the only rules that are used:

RANGE COMBAT BONUSES

If the attack occurs at Range 1, the attacker rolls one additional attack die.

If the attack occurs at Range 3, the defender rolls one additional defense die.

Your attack occurs at range 1. Your ship isn't counted as range 1 for anything else.

IOMB9gP.png

All it cares is if your ship is beyond range 2 from the attacker's ship. You received a range 1 attack, so no bonus defense die, but your ship might still be range 3 from the other ship.

With the Inquisitor it's just like your range ruler is a huge 1. So ATs do not work.

If that was the case and you started treating your range ruler as if the entire thing was a big 1, a Carnor Jax that was at range 2 from you would be considered range 1 every time you make an attack against any other ship.

Edited by Vulf

Autothrusters is measured from the attacker, based on the range of the attack. The attack is R1 at range 2-3, and the defender is R3. AT doesn't work.

Carnor doesn't work because his ability is measured from himself. Carnor is at R3, but the Inquisitor is treated as R1