Sign in to follow this  
Nevetz

New G-1A pilot spoiled: 4 LOM

so... instead of being destroyed the first time, he gets reset to have have a single HP remaining and no face up cards, right? (assuming no hull upgrade)

Isn't really nearly as much as it sounds like it is at first.

Right. And if he dies from the first attack in a TLT attack, the second attack will still finish him off, if I understand correctly.

so... instead of being destroyed the first time, he gets reset to have have a single HP remaining and no face up cards, right? (assuming no hull upgrade)

Right. And if he dies from the first attack in a TLT attack, the second attack will still finish him off, if I understand correctly.

not with a hull upgrade :D!

the thing with the ability is you have to understand it's coming on a brainless PWT with a built-in large ship barrel-roll. Killing this thing normally is going to be a chore, nevermind the back from the dead ability that erases its crits and an overkill damage you might've done

Edited by ficklegreendice

Wait, the Mist Hunter is 4 shields and 4 hull.  Wouldn't giving it four face-down damage cards just destroy it again?  What am I missing here?

EDIT:  What I'm missing is that IT'S A DIFFERENT SHIP, you idiot....

Edited by DailyRich

Trevura has a very Chewbacca/Leebo kind of feel. Good but not as good as the ace. Granted Tel is a PS 7 vs 5 for the aforementioned damage mitigation turrets so that could make a difference but I really love the Dengar ability so I would normally go that route.

4-LOM is awesome. For the French speakers that provided some translations, is there any chance that it could infer "another friendly ship"? It seems we have at least a couple different people involved so that makes me a little more certain that it's any ship and not a friendly ship restriction.

Trevura has a very Chewbacca/Leebo kind of feel. Good but not as good as the ace. Granted Tel is a PS 7 vs 5 for the aforementioned damage mitigation turrets so that could make a difference but I really love the Dengar ability so I would normally go that route.

4-LOM is awesome. For the French speakers that provided some translations, is there any chance that it could infer "another friendly ship"? It seems we have at least a couple different people involved so that makes me a little more certain that it's any ship and not a friendly ship restriction.

Nop, "another friendly ship" is "un autre vaisseau allié" in French. 4-LOM can give is stress to any ship at range 1, friendly or not.

Nop, "another friendly ship" is "un autre vaisseau allié" in French. 4-LOM can give is stress to any ship at range 1, friendly or not.

Thanks for the confirmation! Can't wait to get the Mist Hunter in my hands!

I for most think there will be some annoying interaction with the tractor beam.

Maybe something like if you hit with TB you may take a stress to add an additional TB token. Or take a stress to not cancel dice results of a TB attack. I think there must be something that values 1 point cost and losing your 3 die primary weapon.

Edit: In the Defender its a different story due to not forfeiting your primary attack but on the Misthunter??

I wonder about the Adap- card. There's two of it, and twos are generally fixy cards (Mk II, Autothrusters, Twin Laser Turrets), so maybe it's a cannon mod? Something that would make taking the Tractor Beam on the Mist Hunter make sense, and not just be a title tax?

Apart from the HLC bastard Dash we barely see cannons these days, and a fix that's a mod would basically help everyone but him. Who else uses them? B-Wings, Lambdas and Firesprays go naked, Scyks are universally ignored, Defenders are getting a fix, but even with it the TIE/x7 seems stronger than the TIE/D.

Adapted Chimp, no longer limited to missiles and torpedoes!

I for most think there will be some annoying interaction with the tractor beam.

Maybe something like if you hit with TB you may take a stress to add an additional TB token. Or take a stress to not cancel dice results of a TB attack. I think there must be something that values 1 point cost and losing your 3 die primary weapon.

Edit: In the Defender its a different story due to not forfeiting your primary attack but on the Misthunter??

I wonder about the Adap- card. There's two of it, and twos are generally fixy cards (Mk II, Autothrusters, Twin Laser Turrets), so maybe it's a cannon mod? Something that would make taking the Tractor Beam on the Mist Hunter make sense, and not just be a title tax?

Apart from the HLC bastard Dash we barely see cannons these days, and a fix that's a mod would basically help everyone but him. Who else uses them? B-Wings, Lambdas and Firesprays go naked, Scyks are universally ignored, Defenders are getting a fix, but even with it the TIE/x7 seems stronger than the TIE/D.

Adapted Chimp, no longer limited to missiles and torpedoes!

Adap-(tability) is likely an EPT, and if you look closely at the card in the fan, you can see it has some new italic text at the top which begins with "D" . The guess is that the new rules card, which begins "Dual", which is also in the expansion, is connected with the card, and Dual upgrades force some kind of link between two ships and the upgrade must be taken in multiples in a build.

Yeah, Hull Upgrade is fantastic on him. Holy cow, he's going to be a pain.

The salvaged astromech will potentially make him really tough to knock out of the game.

Right. If we remember from the wave 8 preview the Jumpmaster comes with more shields than it actually has. If you can somehow overcharge shields from one of the upgrade cards, Tel's pilot ability becomes even more potent.

no one should have PWTs, not in the horribly lazy way they've been implemented in this game

the jumpmaster will be fun as a torp boat that actually has to position well in order to bring significant offensive power to bear. 2 dice PWTs are still PWTs, but they suck and are virtually unusable without something else (such as K's TLTs or bombs, yt-2400s cannons and possibly Outrider, and now torps on jumpy)

hopefully, TLTs will make Punishing One competitively unplayable and we'll get some actual enjoyable jumpmasters flinging plasmas and blasting through Ys. Even a PS 3 pair flinging fully modded torps will likely end a Thug or Goldie with concentrated fire

there is nothing worse in this game than the dice-fest slog that fat PWTs turn it into, and I sincerely hope we wont' have to suffer that nonsense again

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

the 2 points per 2 ps scale gives us a 26 point PS 3 generic

that's 34 points for Deadeye, r4 aggro, plasmas and extras (with free guidance chip!)

because of guidance chip, we no longer need Recon (though it could still be good) for fully modded torps, meaning you could fit intelligence agent to also turn the torp boat into an ungodly annoying blocker :D

that's worth getting excited about

no one should have PWTs, not in the horribly lazy way they've been implemented in this game

the jumpmaster will be fun as a torp boat that actually has to position well in order to bring significant offensive power to bear. 2 dice PWTs are still PWTs, but they suck and are virtually unusable without something else (such as K's TLTs or bombs, yt-2400s cannons and possibly Outrider, and now torps on jumpy)

hopefully, TLTs will make Punishing One competitively unplayable and we'll get some actual enjoyable jumpmasters flinging plasmas and blasting through Ys

there is nothing worse in this game than the dice-fest slog that fat PWTs turn it into

Dengar cares about positioning, lest you forget, and he really wants the Punishing One title.

Nothing worse than PWT? How about arc dodgers that boost then barrel roll? PTL Dash and Fel are bad. It's easier to catch PWT that has boost than something that can boost and barrel roll.

Of course, I'm not really complaining. Both can be annoying to face, but boost and barrel roll are worse. Your approaches just have to be different.

hopefully, TLTs will make Punishing One competitively unplayable and we'll get some actual enjoyable jumpmasters flinging plasmas and blasting through Ys

there is nothing worse in this game than the dice-fest slog that fat PWTs turn it into

Dengar cares about positioning, lest you forget, and he really wants the Punishing One title.

Nothing worse than PWT? How about arc dodgers that boost then barrel roll? PTL Dash and Fel are bad. It's easier to catch PWT that has boost than something that can boost and barrel roll.

Of course, I'm not really complaining. Both can be annoying to face, but boost and barrel roll are worse. Your approaches just have to be different.

Dont fall for it, fickle is an anti-PWT troll. He pretty much dedicated his life to it - and don't you dare to have a different opinion.

Edited by Celes

Yeah no

Something people really fail to appreciate is that hlc dash and aces like soonts have to take risks and make actual decisions

If Dash let's you into his minimum range, he's heavily punished for it. If soonts gets blocked or has to run through an obstruction, he's screwed.

Arced aces, furthermore, actually have to choose between running away and shooting.

PWTs don't give a **** about any of this. You block them, they get plenty of action independent modifers. You shoot them, they shoot you. There's no ATC, no minimum range, and virtually no consequence to flying those lazy, poorly designed ships outside of losing dice trades and getting stuck on rocks

Dash and Soontir both are far more enjoyable and skill intensive both to use and face than some falcon that can go wherever it likes and still get shots

New tech such as juke, crackshot and the lovely TLT has made them far more manageable and, thankfully, far more rare

It didn't make then any more fun to face, sadly; just less of a slog to sit through

It's sad jumpy was given a potentially potent pilot without even dengar's in arc incentive. Hopefully he ends up sucking with the title

The misthunter and torpboat jumpys should help that from becoming a reality, though. Zuckuss' ability can really hurt through unmodded greens and ordnance loves nothing more than a single high priority target

I suppose you don't swarms and mini-swarms then. PWTs are easy to take down with them. Boost/barrel roll is a headache for them. Dash is certainly more autopilot since your opponent has difficulty predicting where they are going unless he is cornered.

Could just be that your group is different than mine, or it's you, or both. But PWT is not as evil as you make it out to be.

And with that, I'm done with this discussion, since I doubt it'll do much for you.

The bit that's key on that wee ship: It means you can shoot it, kill it, and have to shoot it again. It's a 'one more shot' tax far more than it's a 'one more damage' one; I love it.

And yes, Fel's Wrath should have worked that way all along. With an EPT, he'd have been an awesome little 'ceptor. C'est la vie. :)