Sign in to follow this  
TheBlueMax

Which swarm?

Lately I have not had the interest to build competitive lists, but we are having a 3 round escalation tourny and I want to fly the new TIEs.

First List

Round 1

Youngster+Expose=19

Scourge+PTL=20

Mauler Mithel+PTL=20

Total=59

Round 2 add

Backstabber+experimental interface=19

Academy Pilot=12

Total=90

Round 3

Nightbeast=15

Chaser=14

Total 119

Alternate for round 2 or 3 could be

Howlrunner=18

Academy Pilot=12

Total 30

Second List

Youngster+Expose=19

Academy Pilot=12

Academy Pilot=12

Mauler Mitherl=17

Total=60

Round 2

Scourge=17

Academy Pilot=12

Total89

Round 3

Howlrunner=18

Academy Pilot=12

Total 119

Alternate for round 3

Nightbeast=15

Backstabber=16

Total would be 120

Personally I prefer the first list.  Do others prefer 7 ties or 8 ties?

Edited by TheBlueMax

If you're going for an Expose swarm I wouldn't take Howlrunner, because she really wants a formation. I think what you want is a crazy cloud of ships that are going to block like crazy and avoid arcs. It will be really hard to fly without bumping yourself, and you will definitely need to practice. If I were you, I would try to get 3-4 named (youngster, mauler, scourge, maybe wampa) and fill the rest out with academies so you get a ton of ships of the table. How many TIEs do you have?

I've got a bit of a favorite build for youngster currently. Just be really careful when you expose, cause 2 agility ties are made of paper.

Howlrunner 18

Youngster 15

Expose 4

Epsilon leader 19

Black squadron 14

Crack shot 1

Black squadron 14

Crack shot 1

Wampa 14

Clocks in at 100 exact. Gives several new ties some love and loves being flown in tight formation. Nothing will ever beat being able to k-turn an entire formation without forcing yourself into super predictable greens. After having flown epsilon leader with my swarms he isn't going away.

If you're going for an Expose swarm I wouldn't take Howlrunner, because she really wants a formation. I think what you want is a crazy cloud of ships that are going to block like crazy and avoid arcs. It will be really hard to fly without bumping yourself, and you will definitely need to practice. If I were you, I would try to get 3-4 named (youngster, mauler, scourge, maybe wampa) and fill the rest out with academies so you get a ton of ships of the table. How many TIEs do you have?

I usually fly my swarms archaicly. I once killed an all 4 b list without loosing a tie.