Sign in to follow this  
churchwarden

Upcoming imperials other than sf tie fighter, and ren's shuttle

So, ffg is going to continue to release new ships to make money. So we know thats gonna happen. But which ships? There was 2 in tfa for imperials, but after/other than that is there any obvious imperial choices? I know there are a lot of prediction posts already, but i want to know exactly which ship ppl think will b next and why. Obviously the 6 ppl who want the assault gunboat will chime in pointing at their post with 386 pages of babble (jk i love the little lambda).... But i want to know is if we have exhausted the obvious canon and eu material and are now looking deeper into the depth or if there are obvious frontrunners.... Anything from the new disney comics or the recently released novels?

Well technically there were 2 more imperial ships on screen, they just don't seem X-Wing-worthy.

The drop ships that the Stormtroopers stormed out of, (Though those are probably restricted to low altitude or ground-based) and the ships that carried them down from the Star Destroyer to the Planet.  Basically the drop ships are dropped off by a drop-ship carrier.  I could see one being a 4-crew option if you want a weak support ship with tons of crew options.  But even so it's a stretch. 

Me thinks FFG will have to start on clone wars soon. Just to keep interest up. With new factions and such. I.e. Clones, Droids etc.

Doubt it. There's still more out there than people realize. Clone Wars era ships that have appeared in later parts of the timeline? I can believe that but I can't believe TCW era factions, not quite yet.

There's still a lot of Legends material they can mine as well as possibly creating some stuff from new novels and forthcoming movies. It's not as dire as it looks.

Well technically there were 2 more imperial ships on screen, they just don't seem X-Wing-worthy.

The drop ships that the Stormtroopers stormed out of, (Though those are probably restricted to low altitude or ground-based) and the ships that carried them down from the Star Destroyer to the Planet.  Basically the drop ships are dropped off by a drop-ship carrier.  I could see one being a 4-crew option if you want a weak support ship with tons of crew options.  But even so it's a stretch. 

IIRC they actually show the drop ships in space at one point. I doubt they're geared for very long treks but they definitely are space faring.

However, they would make terrible ships in X-Wing.

IIRC they actually show the drop ships in space at one point. I doubt they're geared for very long treks but they definitely are space faring.

However, they would make terrible ships in X-Wing.

Yeah, It's like this white shuttle thing in the OT. Totally useless, can't see a point for it in space...

I mean, it's just some beautiful ivory galactic manitee or something.

Wave 8 is on the boat. A late January arrival for those ships is possible. Wave 9 announcement should come sometime shortly thereafter. Imperial Aces has been announced and will probably arrive sometime in the spring followed by the arrival of wave 9 in early summer. Many presume a Rebel Aces pack is in the works. Another Epic ship easily could be on the horizon. I guess the real question is what will the big Gencon reveal be? That's a little early for Rogue One sneak peaks.

Assuming Rogue One releases coincide with the film release (or shortly before) there isn't a whole lot of new stuff that they need to do to fill in between. It is partially dependent on how many ships will come out of Rogue One and if there is enough stuff for an entire wave.

Lots of different things may happen but none of them seem to indicate adding TCW era stuff. Maybe an individual ship for Scum but I can't even think what that would be.

Worth?  Ha! :D

I want X-Wing to finally get non-fighter transports or cargo containers that has the same detail and paint quality as all of these beautiful fighters we have.  That way we can use them in scenarios.  I know the Transport is sweet but we need a few more too.  Squad Mate (from the new Core); Senator's Shuttle (from the original Core); Cargo Containers; Transports (from TFA); asteroid base; supply dock and maybe asteroids though most who want them have already bought them third party.

Edited by Ken at Sunrise

I'm with Ken on this. a non useful ship is still a narrative target.

I can't say I would hate to see them. Perhaps it would make me finish my Rebelion style X-Wing campaign. I just wonder how well they'd sell.

What I'd really like to see, is FFG making things like asteroids, cargo containers, satellites, ect... as part of a more narrative based campaign system. Something like the Imp Assault campaign in X-Wing with 3d objects.

I want X-Wing to finally get non-fighter transports or cargo containers that has the same detail and paint quality as all of these beautiful fighters we have.  That way we can use them in scenarios.  I know the Transport is sweet but we need a few more too.  Squad Mate (from the new Core); Senator's Shuttle (from the original Core); Cargo Containers; Transports (from TFA); asteroid base; supply dock and maybe asteroids though most who want them have already bought them third party.

Yes. We need more fodder.

I'd be happy with that as well.  3D obstacles for cargo containers, freighters, space tugs, asteroids, gun emplacements...

X-Wing battles in shipping lanes, convoys, shipyards, more scenarios, more narrative style campaigns and more Epic options (for all those who want them).