Sign in to follow this  
hideousprime

1st Quarter 2016

Indalecio- unfortunately not. So far only one seller has listed the product (bilehall itself) and it is 'in stock on jan 31'. I would have expected other sellers and a sooner delivery date, too (but then, as is the theme of the topic, I expected Q4 2015.)

Excellent!  Considering the time it was on the boat, I was getting worried about the sailors and thought we might have to organize a search a rescue operation.  Speaking of which we really need a sea themed descent game. 

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

Status of Treaty of Champions changed to "Shipping now". :ph34r:

I have to wonder... when they say it's "On the Boat" I ask " What boat?" and then I wonder if they are even on a Boat. Or where that boat is coming from. 

When production is done in China (typically) the product is stored in containers and put on a vessel. Boat sails from Asia (takes a few weeks time) to distribution hubs. Since FFG is an American company I suppose there´s at least one boat to one of the US hubs, although we europeans apparently get the product surprisingly early compared to the US so I´m thinking there might be a second boat to the EU, Germany typically. once the product has passed customs they may further ship to a storage hub or warehouse. From there you start distributing the product to stores.

Edited by Indalecio

As a huge Star Wars fan, I'm glad to have a break to catch up and I'm ok with the focus on Star Wars. If anything, it does provide more profit for FFG and more visibility in retailers. I've seen a lot more FFG Star Wars stuff at places like Barnes and Nobles and assuming it sells well (which it will), that could make Barnes and Nobles more interested in carrying other FFG material. A lot of companies are having success with Star Wars and those profits may help them with other product lines this year or in the future.

I think the next year will be very interesting. It was entirly logical that FFG completely focused on Star Wars and especially on Imperial Assault this year, because IA was hugley popular and had no expansions (and a subpar core-campaign imo). I think there was no doubt that FFG needed a big and a small box expansion for IA out as fast as possible.

Now as IA already has them, I think we will see this year/start of next year how much they truly care about Descent, because now they don't have this hot game with practically 0 additional content to care about.

Edited by DAMaz

I really focused on descent and all the expansions, I would like to get the imperial assault expansions but I can't bring myself to get both. YET. LOL     I do have the base game and a few heroes, But I really like the fantasy world better.

I got this game I think the March of last year, so consider this: I still don't have everything yet! There are a few H&M Collections for me to pick up as well as one more Co-Op. I just picked up Skarn last weekend, so with the exception of the new Mists Lieuts, that means I now have them all. Add to the fact that I might just want to try out some other "Terrinoth" based games like Runewars and Battlelore and that alot to try and obtain. 

For those new to the game, there is ALOT already. It might seem like if you have everything then it's taking FF a long time to make more, but you really have to take into account what is on the store shelves now. Going by that, you can have unlimited amounts of different Campaign playthroughs already. Whatever they come out with now just feels like chocolate icing on an already Death by Chocolate cake.  

I think there is still room for more campaign books like Heirs of Blood, since it uses the existing material and also has a bit of background lore (important for people like me to get immersed into the setting, SW:IA has the lore background by default). 

Edited by Gridash

In the german descent forums it was said by an official, that newer printings of the base game will contain "Heirs of Blood" instead of "The Shadow Runde" as campaign.

It was also said, that "The Shadow Rune" will be release as a campaign book in "Heirs of Blood" style, to make it available for buyers of the newly released base game.

I really hope the new campaign book will get a general overhaul, to improve it´s quality. So I´m pretty sure, that the next campaign book will indeed be "The Shadow Rune - Enhanced Edition".

Sadly no timeframe was given.

Edited by DerDelphi

I don't think it's a good idea. They should focus on entirely new campaign, mainly using materials from other expansions. Would you buy the shadow rune campaign, if yo already have the 'old' descent second edition? I would not, no matter if they change some things to improve game play balance.

I guess it depends for me, if the new Shadow Rune campaign has just a few minor tweaks then it's probably not worth it. If they were to do an overhaul, scrapping certain quests and replacing them with far more interesting stuff then maybe. Like a "reimagined" Shadow Rune campaign.

Edited by Gridash

I don't think that (if they are really considering this) it's just a case of getting easy money out of us who are already descent players. 

One of the main complaints that I keep reading here is that The Shadow Rune isn't very good, and pretty unbalanced. On the other hand, Heirs of Blood is considered good.

Lets say somebody is new to Descent and buys the base game. If you were FFG, which campaign do you think would result in the most enjoyable experience for the new players then,

and which ultimately would make them interested in buying more expansions? And unbalanced campaign, or a good one?

Doesn't seem that stupid of an idea.

And since HoB uses only base game components, it can easily be swapped out for TSR anyway.

So if you happened to have bought the original TSR edition, you can always buy the HoB book, and vice versa if you have the 'newer' edition.

Edited by Atom4geVampire

While Heirs Of Blood (which I just picked up) seems pretty great in comparison to the Shadow Rune (the pages of lore alone add a great deal), I'd rather pick up a brand new expansion book then a reworked Shadow Rune - simply for more original content. The Shadow Rune would pretty much need to be a completely different campaign to the original for it to make sense for me.

I thought the same with those H&M packs coming out since I have everything from Descent 1st Edition and the conversion kit... I got almost all the packs in the meantime (I also like to paint). I'm sure they'll have something to sweeten the deal. 

Edited by Gridash

my only worry right now should be when my blood apes will arrive......

not when does everything arrive...   sob    sob

if you are waiting for blood apes it might be a while.  Those are still listed as "in development" and has been sense 10.14.2015. 

If it makes you feel any better I am waiting for the new Aurim who has not even announced yet,  (hopefully he is)