Sign in to follow this  
FTS Gecko

Would you prefer Poe's T-70 & the TIE/sf to come in a "Force Awakens Aces" box?

Yeah, your right. New Falcon plus Poe wouldn't fly either.

Speaking of business decisions and profit margins, I am certain we will get an updated Falcon. Not only can they get Rey pilot and Finn crew/gunner into the game but they can also use the same design with just a new dish and a more weathered looking paint job for the Falcon and make a handsome profit.

Well, you say that... but personally I've not been overly enamoured by the new ships so far.

I picked up the Force Awakens core set, sure, but haven't used the ships yet.  Haven't picked up any of the T-70's (although I'm tempted) and I don't plan on getting any TIE/fo's.

This is not an old vs new kind of thing (although I'm really looking forward to the Punishing One, Mist Hunter and Imperial Veterans) - I loved the film, I'm just not feeling the new expansions for some reason.

I get that. But for as many people are meh on them there are probably an equal or greater number that like them. Poe is really good in this game and will likely be a long term option. That alone means core sets will move. Factor in the upgrades and pilots you get with the corresponding expacks and they will sell plenty. I personally don't care that much about the TIE/fa's but a bunch of them turned up at a recent tournament I went to and I know plenty of people are quite enamored with them. Like you I'm much more excited about the Mist Hunter and Jumpmaster. Either way there will be strong demand for a new Falcon with Rey pilot. Iconic ship + new central film character who happens to be a bad @$$ pilot and you know that they will package a new version.

There likely was a request from Disney to have a TIE/in (pun intended) release with the game. Of course, Disney didn't release the names of the characters, assuming they even had names at that point. We knew Poe Dameron, from a long time ago in press junket far, far away. Ello Asty wasn't revealed as a characer name until the toy release of Force friday.

Consudering the announcments of the stand alone packs didn't come out till after Force Friday, it makes sense as that is when FFG were able to use the name.

So, yes, it was hurried, but rushed is not the correct word. Disney/Lucasfilm/J.J. Abrams were keeping everything as hush hush as possible. FFG is so insignificant (Star Wars fans that would buy a tabletop game are a niche compared to buying action figures) so FFG would not be given any sensitive info, that larger companies such as Lego and Hasbro would be privvy to.

Now, as Poe's orange and black x-wing coincided with his title of Black Leader, and the Resistance transport housed at least one leader of the resistance, a bundle pack of the transport and the Poe's x-wing called "leaders of the resistance" would be a decent option.

Give Millenium Falcon a rerelease with Force Awakens branding that not only give a Rey pilot and Finn crew card (though considering so much of the merch is ignoring Rey's existence because she is female) as well as a Scum Dial and scum crew, such as Unkar Plutt (ps3, ability: when revealing a manoeuvre, you can then execute a speed 0 instead, the. Recieve a stress token), and a few other scummy types would be awesome. Put in one resistance dial and two scum, and a decent pack. Id also make a new Millennium Falcon title that gives a illicit slot, so the Falcon can have the canon SLAM drive. Oh, and an illicit SLAM upgrade similar to the cloaking illicit.

Give the TIE/sf a seperate release.

Kylo Ren's upsilon command shuttle could come by itself or with a stormtrooper landing craft (with two crew slots, 1 attack pwt and possibly an upgrade that does a boarding mechanic, via Stormtrooper assault team, two crew upgrade). Oh and the Requisite Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, and General Hux crew cards.

I think there is ample demand for it.

Myself I'm still debating if I'll paint one of my own or not. My LGS hasn't gotten any in yet so I still have just the one from the core set.

I want to paint one of them black and orange, but I also can't help but think they'll release their own, which means I'd have 2 black and orange ones...

I don't think a Poe recolor is necessary or wanted.

Suit yourself. I've seen a lot of posts about people wanting it and I would buy it in a heartbeat if they made one. I think there is ample demand for it.

What's funny is that Poe isn't even in his black X-Wing on his pilot card, he's in the generic blue X-Wing.

I don't think a Poe recolor is necessary or wanted.

Suit yourself. I've seen a lot of posts about people wanting it and I would buy it in a heartbeat if they made one. I think there is ample demand for it.

What's funny is that Poe isn't even in his black X-Wing on his pilot card, he's in the generic blue X-Wing.

Likely because when FFG wad given the go ahead to develop the T-70, the only one we has seen was the Blue and Grey. See my

Above post for as to why FFG seems to be behind the ball with the Force Awakens content. The "no time to esplain, let me sum up" version: Disney didn't tell FFG any more than the most basic info, which did not include the existance of the Orange and Black t-70.

I do believe the orange and black is coming, but likely packaged with another ship, either as i mentioned above, or with the Falcon reissue.

Edited by That Blasted Samophlange

Myself I'm still debating if I'll paint one of my own or not. My LGS hasn't gotten any in yet so I still have just the one from the core set.

I want to paint one of them black and orange, but I also can't help but think they'll release their own, which means I'd have 2 black and orange ones...

You know that's exactly what will happen.  There's been some very inspiring Poe repaints on the forum though.  Some really good work.

I'm tempted to pick up my paintbrush again - I'd like to repaint one of my Firesprays, the HWK (in Black Sun colours), maybe my Rebel Z-95s as N'dru and the Nashtah Pup...