Sign in to follow this  
redsavina2

Core sets and expansions should come with superglue....

As it often happens when I write large and unwieldy posts, especially in the morning, people get to sneak in with their nimble little one liners!  Or I just read the OP and respond to that if I'm especially fuzzy.

I have seen plenty of forums where people will blindly defend a product - or attack it!, simply out of loyalty.  Now I'm not trying to call anyone a patsy here or anything!  I just know that sometimes this sort of thing happens and that the OP should be aware.  I myself was made to feel ashamed after posting here about an encounter with FFGs customer service, and so I also wanted to tell the OP that if anyone were to make him feel so, he should disregard them!  They are silly fanboys and matter not.  I suggest that be wary of these things as they have happened to me!

Perhaps my flamboyantly typed response tells you that I am still a little miffed about it, no?

Edited by Darkcloak

Neither I nor any of my friends have broken any pegs, my one breakage was a tie advanced wing I put two much pressure on, I can't even tell which one it was after gluing it.

I don't know what you're doing to break so many pegs honestly.

Super Glue is Super Cheap, buy a small tube for like $2 and fix whatever you break ya-own-****-self. 

Xwings to me are the most fragile, just have to be careful, only one I've ever seen break was broken in transportation and some krazy glue fixed that **** up tight.

I probably play too much.  It doesn't help that sometimes when no one is around I put all my ships together and play with them on the floor and make the sounds...

I joke, of course.

Super-glue is cheap and I think I'm a pretty experienced hobbyist, so fix-it-ya-own-dm-self is very much in my toolkit.  I don't see why my talent for the hobby alleviates FFGs responsibility to provide a consistent customer service standard though.

As it often happens when I write large and unwieldy posts, especially in the morning, people get to sneak in with their nimble little one liners!  Or I just read the OP and respond to that if I'm especially fuzzy.

I have seen plenty of forums where people will blindly defend a product - or attack it!, simply out of loyalty.  Now I'm not trying to call anyone a patsy here or anything!  I just know that sometimes this sort of thing happens and that the OP should be aware.  I myself was made to feel ashamed after posting here about an encounter with FFGs customer service, and so I also wanted to tell the OP that if anyone were to make him feel so, he should disregard them!  They are silly fanboys and matter not.  I suggest that be wary of these things as they have happened to me!

Perhaps my flamboyantly typed response tells you that I am still a little miffed about it, no?

Well perhaps you approached FFG with you're guns a blazin like you did when you showed up to this post. Your tact, or lack thereof can have a direct impact on how your situation is handled.

There are countless times I've seen people post or tell me personally about their great experience with FFG customer service. A generally rule of thumb in life is to try approaching these situations with calm and kindness. If you come in arguing and angry that's typically less effective.

For me I snapped a small peg but it was my fault based upon how I had it stored. I've had some B-Wing guns nearly snap off but I managed to get some super glue to them in time. My B-Wings have had a ton of use though and it probably happened from storage. The Decimator and Outrider had known issues with the peg and peg slot on the ship being too loose. I finally tried to remedy that recently by applying a thin layer of super glue and letting it dry. Unfortunately I may have added a bit much and caused more harm than good which will now require more work. That one was definitely on me.

The more recent issues I've seen first hand are loose fitting pegs for the FA core T-70's. The other is the Hounds Tooth base peg pulling out of the ship altogether. It happened to both me and another guy at the game shop the day they were released.

You hear some occasional things happen but I've experienced very little in comparison to how many ships I own. I'm guessing storage and transportation issues are a couple of the most common problems. FFG is known to be easy to work with though. Be nice to them and they will probably be nice to you.

Never had a problem with breakages in the two years i play.

I have about 20+ ships and keep all the pegs i a container ready to put on bases. If i find it's too tight when i put a ship on, i just take another one and try again. Seems to work for me.

Some fit better then others, but if you have enough you can always change it!

Can anyone confirm? I wonder how poly cement works.

I've used both normal superglue and Testor's model glue. Both have worked fine and I've seen no clouding. I even glued the peg into my VT-49 and YT-2400 because the socket on both was quite loose and never noticed anything.

I do think that poly cement works better though.