Sign in to follow this  
Stoneface

Kavil + Tlt

Starting to play S&V and have a question. Does Kavil's ability (extra attack die outside of arc) apply twice when using the Tlt? I'm thinking yes because of the wording on his card. No mention about declaring the target.

I tried searching for this combo but I came up with too many threads to read all of them so I apologise in advance if this has been answered before.

It applies once on each attack, because his card says, "When attacking". Each TLT attack is a separate attack, so the "once per opportunity" rule isn't restricting you from using it once on the first attack, then once on the second.

Thanks EOD! I thought that's how it would work but my win/loss record for interpretations is worse than the Cleveland Browns' record this year.

if you really want some FUN, although it will cost like a PWT, you can give him Genius droid and Proton bomb loadout.

if only Y had free bombs...

but nope, FFG doesn't love bombs)))

I've seen Kavil kitted out with TLT, Bomb Loadout, Proton Bombs, Genius, Extra Munitions and Engine Upgrade... that's a hell of a lot of points sunk into a single Y-Wing, but **** was it fun.

Edited by FTS Gecko

if you really want some FUN, although it will cost like a PWT, you can give him Genius droid and Proton bomb loadout.

if only Y had free bombs...

but nope, FFG doesn't love bombs)))

I've seen Kavil kitted out with TLT, Bomb Loadout, Proton Bombs, Genius, Extra Munitions and Engine Upgrade... that's a hell of a lot of points sunk into a Y-Wing, but **** was it fun.

He needs a Veteran Instinct, or else his PS 7 will undo the Genius trolltasticness

and Ion is probably slightly better option because for this fun build control is everything xD

and 4 shots with focus are not to be trifled with

The bombs just must be much cheaper.

They really were cheaper than torpedoes...

and are more diffucult to use

and don't get any profit from all the shitton of "fixes" to ordnance

Because there's very little wrong with bombs in general. Some are more effective, some are easier to use, but that's the same with missiles and Torpedoes even now that they work much better. The only thing they needed was Extra Munitions or subvert the cost, and some more options. We got both in Wave 7.

You have to be skilled with deploying bombs, but they are among the most effective damage dealers and now control options in the game. Just to be clear, I myself am quite terrible with bombs, but have seen them used to great effect as far back as Wave 3.

Edited by Engine25

The bombs just must be much cheaper.

They really were cheaper than torpedoes...

and are more diffucult to use

and don't get any profit from all the shitton of "fixes" to ordnance

Because there's very little wrong with bombs in general. Some are more effective, some are easier to use, but that's the same with missiles and Torpedoes even now that they work much better. The only thing they needed was Extra Munitions or subvert the cost, and some more options. We got both in Wave 7.

You have to be skilled with deploying bombs, but they are among the most effective damage dealers and now control options in the game. Just to be clear, I myself am quite terrible with bombs, but have seen them used to great effect as far back as Wave 3.

Bombs are too expensive in general, and their place in the game is uncertain at best.

Genius is cool because it changes the pretty much FAILtastic mechanic for a fantastic one.

Even with extra munitions a proton bomb is 3,5 points\use

add EU so that you don't get caught in explosion, VI for knowing when to put and when not to put it (and avoid simple boost\barrel out of radius)

and it starts costing like GW minis!

I think Kavil is going to be a beast with the dorsal turret.    It's cheaper than blaster and you don't need a focus to fire it.   4 at range 1, 3 at range 2.

I don't like Kavil with a TLT, because you don't get crits,   Although, it does help you hit aces more.   I like find I fight more big ships and crits are what really ruin their day.    

Kavil can possibly punch through ANYTHING, Drea can do it even better with smiley 4-11 droid.

But she accumulates a ton of stress, and you have to keep a keen eye on using her ability in time to shift the TL from the near-dead target towards the next one,lest you lose the TL and will never be able to take it again (tracers might help but hey, unreleased content)