Sign in to follow this  
zlynn22

Guidance Chips - Losing Faith in FFG

As one of the first posters to help scare away forum trolls, I have to say that the way some people have conducted themselves in this thread is abominable. When you can't distinguish a guy with a civil tongue and a different opinion from the next Emperor Palpatine, you've lived long enough to see yourselves become the villain.

He wanted the game changed radically to fit his needs. He plays casual. He could print up, hell even draw the card in crayon and few would complain. But instead he wants the game rewritten to fit his agenda. That mindset makes him the villain.

He wanted the game changed, and he made a fair point; we're 8 waves in now, and those of us who consider ourselves loyal customers deserve better than the bandaid ridden mess that FFG calls the rules. I won't lie, my faith is greatly shaken as well. Now I don't think all of OP's reasoning panned out, but the core point is sound. Instead of disagreeing reasonably he was shouted off the board, and because why? Because we're angry at every other entitled brat who comes here to whine and grouse? Because we've become entitled to opinions that match our own, and no others? We're not that special, and he didn't deserve that.

We all have opinions on how we want the game to be. Someone is not a 'villain' just because they don't like certain aspects of the game.

but he can be a hurt-ridden kid who thinks everyone around him are mindless zombies and HE'S THE EYE OPENER OF THE GALAXY

As one of the first posters to help scare away forum trolls, I have to say that the way some people have conducted themselves in this thread is abominable. When you can't distinguish a guy with a civil tongue and a different opinion from the next Emperor Palpatine, you've lived long enough to see yourselves become the villain.

He wanted the game changed radically to fit his needs. He plays casual. He could print up, hell even draw the card in crayon and few would complain. But instead he wants the game rewritten to fit his agenda. That mindset makes him the villain.

He wanted the game changed, and he made a fair point; we're 8 waves in now, and those of us who consider ourselves loyal customers deserve better than the bandaid ridden mess that FFG calls the rules. I won't lie, my faith is greatly shaken as well. Now I don't think all of OP's reasoning panned out, but the core point is sound. Instead of disagreeing reasonably he was shouted off the board, and because why? Because we're angry at every other entitled brat who comes here to whine and grouse? Because we've become entitled to opinions that match our own, and no others? We're not that special, and he didn't deserve that.

Looking at the games history, it was pretty clear a change to the RULES, not to individual cards, but to the rules for an entire subset of cards (not even secondary weapons, but SPECIFIC secondary weapons), was never in the cards. And they definitely do not use errata to make things work stronger than what you could gather on the card. Losing faith because FFG is actually trying to make old stuff playable again, rather than just making the old stuff obsolete, is rather weird. Especially with the game's history. 

Nobody "deserves" anything. FFG makes a fantastic product that everyone has the option to purchase or not purchase. While the game isn't perfect it is fairly balanced.

I took some time away from the forum with the hope that it would calm down. Unfortunately it may have gotten worse.

The obnoxious crybabies are over-running this place. If you are so annoyed with FFG quit playing. If you are a casual player proxy cards.

This game is fun. If you aren't having fun go away and spare everyone else. No one is forcing you to buy this game. And just because you have been playing since the beginning doesn't mean you are owed anything or entitled to anything.

BOO%252520TOPIC%252520GOOD%252520POST.pn

Nobody "deserves" anything. FFG makes a fantastic product that everyone has the option to purchase or not purchase. While the game isn't perfect it is fairly balanced.

I took some time away from the forum with the hope that it would calm down. Unfortunately it may have gotten worse.

The obnoxious crybabies are over-running this place. If you are so annoyed with FFG quit playing. If you are a casual player proxy cards.

This game is fun. If you aren't having fun go away and spare everyone else. No one is forcing you to buy this game. And just because you have been playing since the beginning doesn't mean you are owed anything or entitled to anything.

BOO%252520TOPIC%252520GOOD%252520POST.pn

OP, don't go away mad.

OP, just go away.

Was there any need for this?

It seemed like a well thought out reasoned argument, he sounds like he has played the game for a while and has brought up a point that I believe has started to raise its head in recent releases, instead of reasoned discussion and debate he was confronted with this. I see his posts descend into frustration from countless negative replies and I think the reaction from some members of this site who have massive post counts who should know better, pretty **** shameful.

As I side note, we recently had a second edition of X wing( was it??) I think the better route would be to fix the ordanance problem at source rather then countless upgrade cards in various expansions, there may be something to take from GW model, new edition and the former one is obsolete, this would avoid the damage deck debacle we experienced over last two months.

I love this game but it's not perfect about time some people around here recognised the fact and let others air their issues.

Alright, I'm done.  I don't know what the **** is wrong with you people, but I'm out of the forum.  Thanks guys.

... or leaves screaming and suches.

:ph34r:

You are a grown man, please act like one

Or not... we are over these cry babies.They bring the forum down and their FFG GRIPE postings are not cool... not at all.

:)

It is good form as grown men to be amused by these screaming brats... ain't our kid!

:D

He wasn't acting like a screaming kid, he just had a (bad) idea of how Guidance Chips should have been done. You're the one who made several posts insulting and heckling him. You're the one being a child. For someone who constantly tells people to stop being negative, you're awfully hostile to people that don't agree with you. 

I love X Wing, but I love it despite it's construction/release model and rules, not because of them. If this game didn't have Star Wars ships, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Pffft

If the game had Homeworld ships, or maybe some other designs...

It's a good gaming system.

And ship design means nothing.

Pilot names and abilities? I don't care if it's Han, Khan or Khar. It's a ship with slots, mechanics and ability.

We're kinda right to be jerks. He decided rather than to make a copy of the card, or draw one or whatever he could have done he instead wanted the world to conform to him. He felt that a massive multinational company should redo an entire aspect of their game for him, for casual, kitchen table play, where you could probably show up with photocopied ships and be good. Sometimes you've gotta be the bad guy, because there's someone out there that's worse.

Also, I'm totally gonna head to a game store with photocopied Gladiators and a few hand drawn cards, just because I'm too **** poor to afford $70 worth of models. And nobody will give a **** because they understand my situation. Just like they would have understood his.

Unrelated, I don't play X-wing. I'm waiting for the Imperial Veterans, because I love TIE Defenders more than I've loved a woman, and I want a triple defender list, **** it.

Edited by Kilo147

Sadly, The OP was shot down for raising a point of conversation that many of us found no value in.

Amusingly, one of the players was a guy who has over 6,000 posts and has yet to post anything of value himself.

Exhibit 6000 and something...

YUP...

BOSS%27%2BXMAS%2BBREK%2BBREK.jpg

I've become increasingly disinterested in these forums lately because I find no value in a majority of the topics. My interest in the game extends as far as the original trilogy. Not going to lie .. but it's pretty easy to skip past the thread and look for something of value.

We're kinda right to be jerks.

No, we're not. Not just because the OP did not deserve to be treated as he was, but also because new people will see threads like this and be scared away.

He decided rather than to make a copy of the card, or draw one or whatever he could have done he instead wanted the world to conform to him. He felt that a massive multinational company should redo an entire aspect of their game for him, for casual, kitchen table play, where you could probably show up with photocopied ships and be good. Sometimes you've gotta be the bad guy, because there's someone out there that's worse.

What he wanted was a blanket fix implemented to make the game more accessible to the community at large, rather than have players need to buy specific ships. Note that he wasn't complaining about the upgrade system as such, but specifically for this case where it is a part of something that has been broken for all ships, since the start of the game.

And what did he get? He got flamed for his trouble, some in text, some in dumb picture post (come on in, JBR7, with your 'bad post' picture. God forbid you present an counterargument in words).

If you don't agree with someone, it's just as easy not to post and let the thread die down.

We're kinda right to be jerks. He decided rather than to make a copy of the card, or draw one or whatever he could have done he instead wanted the world to conform to him. He felt that a massive multinational company should redo an entire aspect of their game for him, for casual, kitchen table play, where you could probably show up with photocopied ships and be good. Sometimes you've gotta be the bad guy, because there's someone out there that's worse.

Also, I'm totally gonna head to a game store with photocopied Gladiators and a few hand drawn cards, just because I'm too **** poor to afford $70 worth of models. And nobody will give a **** because they understand my situation. Just like they would have understood his.

Unrelated, I don't play X-wing. I'm waiting for the Imperial Veterans, because I love TIE Defenders more than I've loved a woman, and I want a triple defender list, **** it.

I can see you're new around here, so let me clue you in: if I'm telling you that you went too far, you probably went too far. Let that sink in for a moment, and then maybe some other kind soul will explain to you who I am.

Hello community.

I am a casual player who owns a lot of stuff.  I don't like to buy into all of the FFG doom and greed hype, but recently the Inquisitor preview went up and it really irked me. 

In it we get a modification card that costs 0 squad points.  Losing only the option of taking a different modification, this guidance chips mod adds a hit to all missile and torp attacks, or a crit if your primary is 3 or higher.  Ok cool!  Sounds like a neat fix.

Except...

It's not ship specific.  It costs 0 which means they're acknowledging they messed up ordnance (ok we all know that they know it, but still).  So WHY NOT MAKE IT A RULE?  Why force me to buy multiple copies of some goofy-looking pretend TIE Fighter from a show geared towards kids, invented when I was an adult... Even if you love the show, I still stand by my point.  I have to buy copies of this ridiculous ship to "fix" ordnance that has been broken for SEVEN WAVES NOW?   Trust me, I have too many proton torpedoes to count.

Why not simply make it a rule that all missiles and torps get this extra damage, UNLESS a ship has a modification equipped? 

I've heard the bit about not wanting to change rules.  That's crazy because there's a dozen new FAQ adjustments every few months.  People care about this game enough to keep up with the rules.

Again, I don't want to lose all faith, but this is taking me many steps towards the dark side.  I have spent a lot of money on these plastic space ships, but if FFG keeps doing stuff like this, that money may dry up.  Just my two cents / thousand dollars.

What say the people?

Agreed. Although FAQ might be a bit over kill. FFG should have put at least 2 cards in one package. As it is now it's a cash grab (same thing with Juke). 

On the other hand nobody says I need to run Juke on whole swarm. X-wing is a luxury good after all. Nobody forces me to buy it. :P

Ps. Except this little voice inside my head. "...More, you need more ships..."

Well, Guidance Chips might still not be enough, so it's possible we will either get more of the chips in coming waves to ensure saturation, or we will get something else as well. It could be they're trying things out still to see how it will impact the field. Also, Juke is a totally different kind of upgrade, that card gives you a different way to fly, more options. GC is meant to help use current unused upgrades.

I'm withholding a lot  of judgment based on the imminent arrival of Dual Upgrades. I'm very curious as to what that means.

Edited by Dagonet

Sadly, The OP was shot down for raising a point of conversation that many of us found no value in.

Amusingly, one of the players was a guy who has over 6,000 posts and has yet to post anything of value himself.

Exhibit 6000 and something...

YUP...

BOSS%27%2BXMAS%2BBREK%2BBREK.jpg

I've become increasingly disinterested in these forums lately because I find no value in a majority of the topics. My interest in the game extends as far as the original trilogy. Not going to lie .. but it's pretty easy to skip past the thread and look for something of value.

OP, don't go away mad.

OP, just go away.

Was there any need for this?

It seemed like a well thought out reasoned argument, he sounds like he has played the game for a while and has brought up a point that I believe has started to raise its head in recent releases, instead of reasoned discussion and debate he was confronted with this. I see his posts descend into frustration from countless negative replies and I think the reaction from some members of this site who have massive post counts who should know better, pretty **** shameful.

As I side note, we recently had a second edition of X wing( was it??) I think the better route would be to fix the ordanance problem at source rather then countless upgrade cards in various expansions, there may be something to take from GW model, new edition and the former one is obsolete, this would avoid the damage deck debacle we experienced over last two months.

I love this game but it's not perfect about time some people around here recognised the fact and let others air their issues.

Alright, I'm done.  I don't know what the **** is wrong with you people, but I'm out of the forum.  Thanks guys.

You are a grown man, please act like one

Or not... we are over these cry babies.They bring the forum down and their FFG GRIPE postings are not cool... not at all.

It is good form as grown men to be amused by these screaming brats... ain't our kid!

He wasn't acting like a screaming kid, he just had a (bad) idea of how Guidance Chips should have been done. You're the one who made several posts insulting and heckling him. You're the one being a child. For someone who constantly tells people to stop being negative, you're awfully hostile to people that don't agree with you. 

PERSONAL ATTACKS HEY?

:lol:

What I posted was funny and got plenty of likes by other forum members. I was trying to chill the tone of the conversation down like I often do here, because I do not like to see all of this fighting here.

I posted to the OP that his faith in FFG was not an appropriate point to make, nor would it effect how FFG conducts their business, and finally I invited the OP to buy what ever they could and have fun with it.

You guys want to attack me and such and that is on you. Posting funny pictures in a thread that is painfully obviously an attack on FFG is being a productive member of the community. How many likes do my postings get compared to your postings?

Have a nice life.

If you're a casual player, just proxy it. No problem.

GET 'EM!

:lol:

ZOING!!!

Is it so wrong to like to have stuff?  I like to have the stuff.  The real stuff.

You can have everything you can afford but don't come on here zap zap zap'n at FFG and getting religious about your faith in 'em.

;)

An attempt to be reasonable and fun and to chill the OP.

OP, don't go away mad.

OP, just go away.

Uh-Oh OP... see what you done went and did? Now you you got Cap'n Laxx on dat ass... and once he has a mouth full of rib-meat he don't turn it a loose till the offender learns how you act right... or leaves screaming and suches.

Oh Boy!

:lol::o:mellow:

Funny comment to lesson the other members post which would of likely upset the OP...

Regardless of my efforts (and other regular members) to be fun and cute and joke the situation into a calmer discussion... OP attacks us all when we do not jump to support his (her?) points which seemed like a mild attack on FFG that was just not something we like to read here.

Last comedy reliefs attempt, other that my comic which most people here seem to enjoy almost every time I post them.

The thing is I am very happy. I do not come here to pick fights.

See how the sky is blue in my little yard... and yes the grass is green too!

I can see you're new around here, so let me clue you in: if I'm telling you that you went too far, you probably went too far. Let that sink in for a moment, and then maybe some other kind soul will explain to you who I am.
Batman

Edited by All Shields Forward

Last comedy reliefs attempt, other that my comic which most people here seem to enjoy almost every time I post them.

The thing is I am very happy. I do not come here to pick fights.

See how the sky is blue in my little yard... and yes the grass is green too!

But worded comically or not, what you are saying is this: "post the way we want to, or go away. We only want to hear what we want to hear, no dissent.".

First off, that's not for you to decide. Secondly, it's the quickest way to utterly kill a community.

It looks like the forum regulars are letting their opinions be known right now, and it's not looking so positive for you.

Considering that some of these regulars liked the OP, that is just life. I do not agree with them.

A lot of people here have a love-hate view of FFG.

I do not feel that way.

I do not support that much at all.

;)