Sign in to follow this  
Nitratas

Reprogrammed - new tournament skirmish mission

Hello, i'm not sure i completely understand the wording of Reprogrammed skirmish mission from stormtrooper pack. 

It says you can 'retrieve' a remote token to replace it to your own colour token so it means that its reprogrammed then and belongs to you. However, rules reference guide pg 22 tells that 'retrieve' action makes you carry the token with you. So the question is - when you do the retrieve action do you change it to your colour and carry it around (meaning you only drop it and make it available for your oponent when the figure dies) or is it supposed to mean that you just replace it with your colour and keep it in place as it was (makes sense a bit more for me - carrying a remote doesnt sound like a great idea but the rules wording is weird there)

thanks

So this is the response I received from Paul Winchester for clarification on the wording of the text when I sent a query last week:

"You are correct that the remotes follow all normal rules for retrieving tokens so it cannot be voluntarily dropped or passed. When a figure carrying a remote is defeated, that remote is dropped, but nothing causes that remote to change. It remains as it was and continues to score points for that player until an opponent's figure picks it up and reprogrammed it."

Thank you. That seems weird though, i didnt really expect for them to be actually carried around

Neither did I when I first read that mission. Seems totally counter intuitive. But if you weren't meant to carry them around the rule would have said to "interact" with them instead of "retrieve".

But... doesn't this leave you in a funny place of potentially having two tokens representing the same remote on the map at the same time?

I'm not sure what you mean. When you retrieve the token you remove the neutral mission token from the map and put a corresponding Rebel or Imperial token under your figure to carry.

Here's how it works:

You (rebel player) moves to the mission token (remote).

You use an action to retrieve it

That reprograms the remote. Replace the mission token with a rebel one. 

That figure is now carrying the rebel token. 

End of the round. Gain 2 points for every rebel token on the map. 

If the figure carrying the token dies. The token is dropped. However it's still a rebel token and still generates points. 
If the opponent (imperial player) interacts with your dropped rebel token, he picks it up and it becomes an imperial token.

From then on it generates points for the imperial player. 

Also figures can carry more than one token/remote. 

So yes there may be multiple rebel and imperial tokens on the map at any one time. They are all individual tokens. 

Usually (due to how they are set up) each player will get 2 easy one and the middle one will be contested and fought over. 

Edited by Inquisitorsz