Sign in to follow this  
Torobasa

Potential Scum huge ship in episode VII

Probably needs to be fleshed out more - maybe in comic or kid's reader we can get a better visual on it. We can't even see how large it is compared to the Eravana (which is too big for even a huge ship), its possible it's a large ship as well.

Probably needs to be fleshed out more - maybe in comic or kid's reader we can get a better visual on it. We can't even see how large it is compared to the Eravana (which is too big for even a huge ship), its possible it's a large ship as well.

The large engines in the back look very corvette-like to me. I'm hoping it fits the huge ship size

Trouble is that we know absolutely nothing about that ship, and not much more about the gang itself.

I think this is a potential, after the Wild Karrde, the conversion for the GR-75 for the Vasudra and maybe, to appease certain members here the Star Jewel.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Meson_Martinet

Well got a temporary conversion for the GR-75 (Shameless plug). As for the Star Jewel that is likely considering that Jabba is like the representative for the Scum factions aka those that are in business for themselves. Jabba is like Scum Palpatine while Boba is Scum Vader.

Those two gangs did nothing for me, they looked like they flew in from a cheap sci-fy flick, I hope we get more established Ships before this one.

They did have an old, dr Whovian, Blake's 7 kinda feel about them, now that you mention it.

Trouble is that we know absolutely nothing about that ship, and not much more about the gang itself.

I think this is a potential, after the Wild Karrde, the conversion for the GR-75 for the Vasudra and maybe, to appease certain members here the Star Jewel.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Meson_Martinet

Well got a temporary conversion for the GR-75 (Shameless plug). As for the Star Jewel that is likely considering that Jabba is like the representative for the Scum factions aka those that are in business for themselves. Jabba is like Scum Palpatine while Boba is Scum Vader.

Your conversion should be the basis for an expansion, even if they pack it in a new Most Wanted pack. :P.

The problem, for me, is that Jabba is much more planet based. And if you're looking to the EU for the ship to put him you might as well take the Wild Karrde with a more fleshed out, active, smuggling crew. 

I'm not too sure how I feel, fluff-wise, about Palpatine still.

Yeah Jabba was planet based but he was also in the movies. 4 of them to be exact if you count the special edition as separate from the OT. The other EU representative of a criminal boss that spans multiple systems I could think of is Prince Xzior of the Black Sun. However people recognize X-wing miniatures by Star Wars the movies not the EU books which JJ just thrown away. People will recognize Jabba much better than the highest skilled Star Viper pilot even if he only controls one planet but he controls a planet that all the Star Wars fans care about.

As for my conversion having an influence or not on FFG design team I'm not claiming anything but I remember when altering the text for the Q-ship and bloody credit at first I wanted to use the word remove for the upgrade slots I was taking out. However I couldn't find it. The closest I found the word lose from the BTL-A4 title and since I was using MS paint I was copying and pasting instead of typing I was looking for exact words. Well when the Imperial Veterans spoiler came out with the TIE shuttle title I noticed a unique choice of wording when it came to altering the upgrade slots. I honestly don't think that my kit had anything to do with this but I find the vague similarities giving me some confidence in the quality of the job I did.

I eventually found a way to put in the word "removes" in later though, though on page 2 you can see I was stuck with the word lose instead, I don't think I will change it back.

Edited by Marinealver

Yeah Jabba was planet based but he was also in the movies. 4 of them to be exact if you count the special edition as separate from the OT. The other EU representative of a criminal boss that spans multiple systems I could think of is Prince Xzior of the Black Sun. However people recognize X-wing miniatures by Star Wars the movies not the EU books which JJ just thrown away. People will recognize Jabba much better than the highest skilled Star Viper pilot even if he only controls one planet but he controls a planet that all the Star Wars fans care about.

JJ Abrams did not throw anything away. He does not own Star Wars, there's a whole team who decided on that. And this game is full of EU stuff, which is right in the target audience. :P.

But we'll see. ;).

The GR-75 conversion is a) useful, as Scum has no Epic ship at the moment, b) fun and flavourful, as the GR-75 was well represented in a bunch of video games, c) fluff-appropriate as a bunch of smugglers would not often be found flying fully kitted gunships.

Why do we constantly need to convert ships for scum? I absolutely hate the idea of just giving them everything the other factions have. It's lazy and boring.

I sort of agree, but...

I think some cross faction stuff is great, keeps things fresh if not overdone.  But Scum can't fall into that trap as a faction, otherwise the floodgates are open wide.  What's to stop Scum from stealing anything at that point?

No, it's better to come up with ships that are unique to the Scum faction in the game, but perhaps not necessarily in the lore.  No reason why Scum can't steal some old ships that maybe once belonged to a faction but are no longer used.  V-WIngs maybe? 

It does look a little similar in profile to a Defender-class Light Corvette... but that's speculation, of course.

I really hope FFG doesn't use ^this^ ship because its about 3000 years old at the time of this game. If we can't get prequel ships, please no The Old Republic ships. Even if we do end up with prequel ships, please no Old Republic ships!

JJ Abrams did not throw anything away. He does not own Star Wars, there's a whole team who decided on that. And this game is full of EU stuff, which is right in the target audience. :P.

But we'll see. ;).

Ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

JJ Abrams has to be satan so people have a scapegoat so they can remain ignorant of the truth, remember..?

But we'll see. ;).

Ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

JJ Abrams has to be satan so people have a scapegoat so they can remain ignorant of the truth, remember..?

Nonsense, we haters know that the George Lucas was the Morningstar, and Disney is the Great Satan. JJ's probably just the Mouth of Sauron or some such...

It does look a little similar in profile to a Defender-class Light Corvette... but that's speculation, of course.

I really hope FFG doesn't use ^this^ ship because its about 3000 years old at the time of this game. If we can't get prequel ships, please no The Old Republic ships. Even if we do end up with prequel ships, please no Old Republic ships!

Oh, I agree, I was just pointing out the similarities!

Why do we constantly need to convert ships for scum? I absolutely hate the idea of just giving them everything the other factions have. It's lazy and boring.

Well scum is the one oldest faction in terms of chronological. It didn't borrow these ships. The other factions took them. This is most true for rebels especially who had few resources until Incom, Slayn & Korpil and Dac jumped aboard.

The Empire, which is an evolution of the republic, does have its own stuff most of the time.

I'd prefer a most wanted 2 box or aces style box for a M3-A fix, a lot of the ships in scum could use a bit of adjustment in addition to a M3-A fix.

The M3-A is a strong contender for the worst ship in the game in popularity polls.

The StarViper could use some help for non-uniques.

The Firespray needs a bit of help - its not aging well.

Every scum ship could use a few more unique pilots.