Sign in to follow this  
GreenLantern1138

T-65 Fix?

The T-65 has been fixed.  I'm not expecting anything else, other than new Astromechs and the like down the road.  The T-65 fixes are Guidance Chip (which helps all fighters) and Integrated Astromech.  Expecting anything more is setting yourself up for disappointment.

I'm gonna keep hammering this home until somebody gets it, but:

1) The X-Wing with IA and a 1 point droid is still worse at jousting than a B-Wing.

By how much? 1-2%?

Even 1% is too much, considering it needs to be more efficient than the B-Wing to make up for the lack of barrel roll.

So your asking to make the X-wing better than a B-wing? In your opinion does every ship need to have barrel roll or boost? And lets not forgot the Kihraxz would be left further behind and it doesn't even have the astromech slot like the X-wing does to help compensate.

you are dumb if you dont understand why the x wing which can only fly at something and shoot it (besides bb-8) should be better at flying at something and shooting it point for point than ships that have more options

if it isnt better at flying straight at things and shooting them, then that means either the other ships arent paying properly for their options that allow them to do a things besides flying in a line and shooting, or the x wing is paying too much for too little

The B-Wing can't do back-to-back 4-straights or 3-banks. It can't do a 3-turn. If it blocked a large ship, you can't even think using that short-range K-turn until that ship gets out of its way. And when it does K-turn, it only has speed-1 maneuvers or a 2-straight to clear the stress.

It's almost like the two ships actually have different strengths for same amount of points, which have different utility indifferent situations.

The T-65 has been fixed.  I'm not expecting anything else, other than new Astromechs and the like down the road.  The T-65 fixes are Guidance Chip (which helps all fighters) and Integrated Astromech.  Expecting anything more is setting yourself up for disappointment.

1) The X-Wing with IA and a 1 point droid is still worse at jousting than a B-Wing.

By how much? 1-2%?

Even 1% is too much, considering it needs to be more efficient than the B-Wing to make up for the lack of barrel roll.

So your asking to make the X-wing better than a B-wing? In your opinion does every ship need to have barrel roll or boost? And lets not forgot the Kihraxz would be left further behind and it doesn't even have the astromech slot like the X-wing does to help compensate.

you are dumb if you dont understand why the x wing which can only fly at something and shoot it (besides bb-8) should be better at flying at something and shooting it point for point than ships that have more options

if it isnt better at flying straight at things and shooting them, then that means either the other ships arent paying properly for their options that allow them to do a things besides flying in a line and shooting, or the x wing is paying too much for too little

The B-Wing can't do back-to-back 4-straights or 3-banks. It can't do a 3-turn. If it blocked a large ship, you can't even think using that short-range K-turn until that ship gets out of its way. And when it does K-turn, it only has speed-1 maneuvers or a 2-straight to clear the stress.

It's almost like the two ships actually have different strengths for same amount of points, which have different utility indifferent situations.

Yeah, but one of those strengths is far more situational.

How often does a B-Wing think "Man, I wish I could 4-Forward twice in a row"?

By how much? 1-2%?

Yes, I'm dumb because I don't see the X-wing as a poor helpless ship...good one. And for the record, the X-wing is not the ship that needs the most help. Its faction has won Worlds the last 3 times, but yes lets focus more on their ships then the ones that need the most help like the Syck or Star Viper.

I think Alex mentioned that the viper and syck were on the radar for a tweaking.

By how much? 1-2%?

Yes, I'm dumb because I don't see the X-wing as a poor helpless ship...good one. And for the record, the X-wing is not the ship that needs the most help. Its faction has won Worlds the last 3 times, but yes lets focus more on their ships then the ones that need the most help like the Syck or Star Viper. 

scum will get their veterans pack. x wings have nothing to do with scyks (and i do want scyks to be good because i like the model)

x wings get more focus from people because the game is named after them and theyve been overshadowed forever dude.

By how much? 1-2%?

scum will get their veterans pack. x wings have nothing to do with scyks (and i do want scyks to be good because i like the model)

x wings get more focus from people because the game is named after them and theyve been overshadowed forever dude.

Just since Wave III.

...of VIII.

...Yeah, they've been stuck in limbo for all but the first quarter of the game named for them.

By how much? 1-2%?

You must be a fairly new player if you think they have been overshadowed forever. They have some of the best pilots in the game and an X-wing as been at the Worlds championship table 2 out of 4 years. What other ship can say that? Can we stop the game is named after them nonsense. That doesn't mean they have to be the most OP ship or the most played. It just means it is a well known ship that can help sell the game.

Wow did that comment set off a total storm of emotional rage.  lol  

The X-wing isn't broken.  It has plenty of pilots that see use and is very good at what it does.  Wedge, Luke, and Biggs are still going strong and Wave VII and TFA just make them stronger.  The T-70 IS the fix many of you were hoping for.  It's a more durable, better dial, PS 4s with EPTs, post dial moving X-wing!  Yes it cost a bit more, but you get a lot for those points, AND it has a new tech slot!  Limited now, but looking forward to seeing new cards there down the road.

By how much? 1-2%?

Kihraxz has things the X-Wing doesn't.

It's in scum.

It has the Illicit slot.

It has a Missile.

It has a different dial.

It's 1 point cheaper.

I would say that we need to make the X-Wing situationally better than the B-Wing. And, for that matter, the TLT Y-Wing.

All 3 occupy the same price-range, after all.

X-wing has thing Kihraxz doesn't

It's Rebel scum

it has astromech slot

it has torpedo

it has the glorious 1-forward

it has better hull-shield ratio

it's k-turning lane is shorter

The fact that TLT-Y outjousts them all is hilarious. 

The X-wing isn't broken.  It has plenty of pilots that see use and is very good at what it does.  Wedge, Luke, and Biggs are still going strong and Wave VII and TFA just make them stronger.  The T-70 IS the fix many of you were hoping for.  It's a more durable, better dial, PS 4s with EPTs, post dial moving X-wing!  Yes it cost a bit more, but you get a lot for those points, AND it has a new tech slot!  Limited now, but looking forward to seeing new cards there down the road.

...so a new ship is a fix to an old one? So, if I want to play my old T-65s, I just need to not play them and play T-70s instead? Yeah, that's not a "fix".

It's Rebel scum

it has astromech slot

it has torpedo

1. That's not a thing, stop making stuff up :P

2. Kthrycivngbsgsutn. Has Illicit. Situationally better and has more potential as its newer and has more space to develop

3. Khrutvnebwthychzx. Has missile. As useful if not better (Tracers, Homing)

4. kirthngivhbrgkls has hard 1s. Situationally better than 1 forward

5. Kuyytrssxtfghgyfbrp is, at minimum, 1 point cheaper than an 'unfixed' X, which pays for that ratio

6. Kiytstwhcbvxgatvsxthrrp has 2 K turn options making it more flexible/less predictable on the joust, harder to block

Agreed. The TLT Y shouldn't outjoust a dedicated heavy fighter.

Edited by phocion

This is getting out of hand...  :D

Mnemotechnics for X-Wing: The Kihraxz spelling

• First: Remember how it sounds: KEE-RAKS
  • Second: Remember it has two useless, mute letters, one after each syllable, that we represent for now with the ¤ symbol. KEE-¤-RAKS-¤
  • Third: Adapt how it sounds to the English spelling rules: KI-¤-RAX-¤
  • Fourth: Replace the ¤ symbol with a letter that remains mute in that position for English. KIHRAXZ

Bonus Track: If you cannot remember the spelling, at least type how it sounds: Kirax

Calling it Kiytstwhcbvxgatvsxthrrp is not very helpful for those that are starting on the game. Even less if you call it K-Fighter when there is a K-Wing fighter in the game.

It's a dumb name. The spelling suggests some pseudo-polish pronunciation, but you can see from a mile away that the actual 'official' pronunciation is just some typical American rang-rang-rangity-rang. You have to come from central Europe to be able to actually do something with that h and z. Or Wales, perhaps.

It's a dumb name. The spelling suggests some pseudo-polish pronunciation, but you can see from a mile away that the actual 'official' pronunciation is just some typical American rang-rang-rangity-rang. You have to come from central Europe to be able to actually do something with that h and z. Or Wales, perhaps.

Definitely not Welsh, Welsh doesn't use X or Z

It was not a serious suggestion.

It was not a serious suggestion.

I know, but jokes must also be accurate or they are not funny :P

(Also, Welsh lacking those letters (K, too) is interesting, they manage to be unpronounceable without NEEDING xtreme kool letterz.)

Edited by thespaceinvader

It shows symptoms of the Crappy Fantasy Name Syndrome. Adding spurious apostrophes ('), hyphens (-), mute letters, etc in a half-azzed attempt to make a name sound more foreign, or more alien.

It's Rebel scum

it has astromech slot

it has torpedo

1. That's not a thing, stop making stuff up :P

2. Kthrycivngbsgsutn. Has Illicit. Situationally better and has more potential as its newer and has more space to develop

3. Khrutvnebwthychzx. Has missile. As useful if not better (Tracers, Homing)

4. kirthngivhbrgkls has hard 1s. Situationally better than 1 forward

5. Kuyytrssxtfghgyfbrp is, at minimum, 1 point cheaper than an 'unfixed' X, which pays for that ratio

6. Kiytstwhcbvxgatvsxthrrp has 2 K turn options making it more flexible/less predictable on the joust, harder to block

Agreed. The TLT Y shouldn't outjoust a dedicated heavy fighter.

1) Rebel.Scum >:}

Exactly why I like the word Merc instead of S&V. Rebels are scum, we are TEH GLORIOUS SPACE PIRATE MERCENARIES!

2) I'd drop the illicit for Astromech. even for our crappy astromech. green hard 2 for 1 pts? Regen? BB-8 for batwedging pre-maneuver br you don't even have? More regen? Re-TL after spending?

really, no, really, let us get Illitit upgrade that lets Kih take astros, and I SHALL BATHE THE WORLD IN BLOOD! 

3) You don't want to know how great Flechette Torpedo is 

4) Not for jousters.

5) yep, that's where the point goes, still this shield is really worth it for aces

6) you always use the longer one because otherwise your 2-forward makes the joust-lane shift

If it was Welsh it would have a few more F's and random W's thrown in for fun

By how much? 1-2%?

Sharp 1 >>>>> White 4 foreward. Oh, and the X-wing can only use speed 1 and 2 maneuvers to clear it's stress too.

And anyone saying the Astromech slot > Illicit needs their head checked.

Wow did that comment set off a total storm of emotional rage.  lol  

Um, Luke hasn't even been seen since wave 1. Is he even in the game? Wedge is abysmal compared to other 30+ point aces, and Biggs is a miracle pilot who you'd take if he were in a 30 point Z-95.

Sharp 1 >>>>> White 4 foreward. Oh, and the X-wing can only use speed 1 and 2 maneuvers to clear it's stress too.

And anyone saying the Astromech slot > Illicit needs their head checked.

Yeah, regen is terrible(!)

Seriously, Illicit has the potential to be awesome, but it has 6 things in it at the moment, and most of them are single-use or close to it, one of which is unique.

Compared with two different options for shield regen as well as a whole host of other more exotic things including, for instance, an EPT, a double action boost/TL, a free pre-movement barrel roll, etc etc etc, the Astromech slot kills Illicit so hard it's just not funny right now.  A couple more waves, or particularly Scum Aces, though, and that might change.

Not to mention that the actual Illicit cards themselves are pretty hard to get hold of, especially the good ones, as they come only a single copy to a pack, I'm looking at you, Glitterstim.

I'd far rather have Astro than Illicit.