Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GreenLantern1138

T-65 Fix?

483 posts in this topic

The issue with that Green Lantern, is the lore, plus the canon/extended universe. To the best of my knowledge there was only a few major X-Wing Models. I will list them for you:

ARC-170 (ancestor of the T-65)

T-65 (and all of its models including the T-65BR Reconnaissance model)

T-70 (no models from what I can see)

T-85 (no models from what I can see)

XJ3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 (The XJ5 having two variants: The ChaseX and StealthX)(StealthX was smaller and could hide from visual, and sensors)

I am fairly certain that the ARC 170, the T-85, and the XJ models are considered canon or extended universe. There isn't a lot of info about some of those models

As for Prototypes.. There wasn't one that I can see of. The T-65 was meant to replace the Z-95.

The only other piece of information I can give you is that the T-65 flight controls were similar to a T-16 Skyhopper. That is one of the reasons it was so easy to fly

ARC-170 is in the same family of Incom/subpro fighters as the T-65 and Z-95 but none were meant to replace the others. They all serve different roles. It's like saying the T-47 was meant to replace the T-16.

All XJ or stealth models of x-wings are legends at this time. And only the clone Z-95 and the one appearing in Comander (which happens to be the model in X-wing) are canon. ARC-170 are of course canon. I would still rather see it for the Empire, along with Eta-2 with Vader and V-wings.

The issue with that Green Lantern, is the lore, plus the canon/extended universe. To the best of my knowledge there was only a few major X-Wing Models. I will list them for you:

ARC-170 (ancestor of the T-65)

T-65 (and all of its models including the T-65BR Reconnaissance model)

T-70 (no models from what I can see)

T-85 (no models from what I can see)

XJ3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 (The XJ5 having two variants: The ChaseX and StealthX)(StealthX was smaller and could hide from visual, and sensors)

I am fairly certain that the ARC 170, the T-85, and the XJ models are considered canon or extended universe. There isn't a lot of info about some of those models

As for Prototypes.. There wasn't one that I can see of. The T-65 was meant to replace the Z-95.

The only other piece of information I can give you is that the T-65 flight controls were similar to a T-16 Skyhopper. That is one of the reasons it was so easy to fly

ARC-170 is in the same family of Incom/subpro fighters as the T-65 and Z-95 but none were meant to replace the others. They all serve different roles. It's like saying the T-47 was meant to replace the T-16.

All XJ or stealth models of x-wings are legends at this time. And only the clone Z-95 and the one appearing in Comander (which happens to be the model in X-wing) are canon. ARC-170 are of course canon. I would still rather see it for the Empire, along with Eta-2 with Vader and V-wings.

Some of Rebel ships were meant to replace older ships. Here are some quotes "It had been intended that the X-wing series would be replaced by the E-Wing"

There is mention that the X-Wing was to replace the Z-95. Here is a quote showing how well liked it was "Time to retire those old Z-95s! These X-wings can handle anything the Empire can throw at us!" -Raymus Antilles

From a Gameplay point of view, Wedge is not worth the points invested that you couldn't invest in Corran or Poe, or equal points of Bs and Zs.

From a Certain point of view, Wedge ceased to be the awesome pilot Wedge Antilles and "became" a waste of 29 points. When that happened, the good pilot that was Wedge was destroyed. So what I told you was true, from a cer- oh wait I already did that bit.

I tend to agree with you that IA is not _the_ fix. It is, however, _a_ fix. I think it probably makes it a bit harder to actually _fix_ fix the X-Wing going forward.

The X-Wing was ~1.5 points over costed. This fix gives it ~1 point of value. Finding a way to give the X-Wing a bump that doesn't just give it 1 or 2 points of value will be _tricky_.

I think the fact that we had X-Wings that were only 1 point off "efficient" compounds this difficulty. Tarn + R7 was already a beast. And anything that makes Biggs more of a tank will increase the life expectancy of Rebels as a whole. If they miscalibrate an X-Wing buff, and give it too much of an extra health buff, you'll see Biggs in every freaking list. And Tarn + R7 + IA is already a survivable monster.

The other thing to consider is that R2D2 adds extra survivability to any X-Wing that makes a green manuver. So imagine the TIE MRK 2 as a title or mod on an R2D2 equipped Biggs! Or some sort of title or mod that adds a rec spec function to any X-Wing that has R5-P9 equipped.

All of which means the X-Wing is going to be hard to buff up. It's in an _ok_ spot, but it's not as good as it could or should be. It will be far too easy to overshoot and make the X-Wing into a monster. It needs a tiny nudge, rather than a solid push.

Rogue One

Title unique

X wing only

3 pts

PS 6 or better

When you perform a focus action any friendly x wing at range 1-2 may perform a free target lock action. Add EPT if you don't have one.

Blatant Garvin buff but works on all aces.

Rogue Squadron

Title

X wing only

0 pts

Reduce the cost of Astros and torps by 1 pt min 0.

Hawkstrike likes this

qYCEayZ.jpg

See... This raises an interesting question.

Why?

It's not very fluffy. The Stealth-X wasn't a particularly good ship from what I've heard. It didn't just have a sleek black paintjob and a stygium particle accelerator welded on.

I mean I could be wrong but giving the T-65 a cloak? It's just really weird.

The Rebel Vets pack may still be of benifit to the X-Wing, in the form of new astromechs (I'd guess E-Wings will be in the box).

I also think that one day we will see a Rogue Squadron title or pilot (6PS with EPT). If it's a title I hope it is something that helps with defense. Limit it to PS6 to exclude Biggs, as making him too survivable could have dire consequences.

Maybe when the X-wing shows up in Rebels it will have a Death Star Laser like the B-wing did.

Then we can get a bunch of topics asking for Death Star Laser X-wings.

The X-wing doesn't need a fix, by the by.

All Shields Forward likes this

The Inquisitor in season 1 was the most interesting character design.

Disney's Aladdin and Kanan Jarus are upstaged by the supporting cast constantly.

I like Sabine, but she should have lost an eye when Vader reflected a bolt into her visor.

I stopped watching the show because of that episode....

Oh no.

A prototype one of a kind two-man obviously not current generation B-Wing isn't how I imagined it.

See... This raises an interesting question.

Why?

It's not very fluffy.

What does that mean?  It's part of the EU.

*SIGH*

Stealth X didn't have a cloak though. Putting a stealth device upgrade on on X Wing would be an accurate representation.

That. That's why.

Shaidown likes this

More like "oh they have a fighter that can cut threw capital ships all by itself. If that's the case YEARS BEFORE A NEW HOPE why was stealing the Death Star plans the first victory for the Rebel Alliance?"

Edited by All Shields Forward

Rogue Squadron

Title

X wing only

0 pts

This is the kind of title upgrade I would like see. With it we may actually see X-wings with torps.

knavelead likes this

Rogue Squadron

Title

X wing only

0 pts

This is the kind of title upgrade I would like see. With it we may actually see X-wings with torps.

I like that it synergizes with both IA and guidance chimps and doesn't make either an auto include. Edited by All Shields Forward
Shaidown, phocion and knavelead like this

Rogue Squadron

Title

X wing only

0 pts

I like that it synergizes with both IA and guidance chimps and doesn't make either an auto include.

My only problem is the title itself becomes an auto-include. I think it needs a "must" condition.

ie. Must take an astro and a torp upgrade, reduce the cost of astros and torps by 1"

Or, go a step further; "must take yada yada, reduce the cost of the ship by 2". That leaves room for future 0 point astros or torps to be impactful on balance.

knavelead likes this

Rogue Squadron

Title

X wing only

0 pts

This is about all it would take. TBH, I would be happy with just a Reduce the Cost of Astros by 1 to a minimum of 0.

X-Wings are just about at the right spot. I've been running Wedge, Wes, Luke locally, and they are doing just fine for the most part. It's not a tournament winning list  but it's 4-0 currently.

I think an astromech that allowed for barrel rolls AND lets them roll using the bank template would be fun and useful for the other astromech ships.

knavelead likes this

The next Interceptor fix will be a 0 point modification that lets you pick it up and place it down somewhere else pointing any direction, so tread carefully!

If every ship in the game gets a boost or barrel roll to fix them, soon we will need another Interceptor fix.

Agreed.  Don't just give the X the same thing every other ship has.  It should be something unique to that ship.  Now what would be cool is if they had a way to counter the ships that have repositioning options just using what the X-Wing has already.

A couple of rough, rough examples:

X-Wing Only Title 1

Rebel Alliance only (so Poe can't take it)

? points

When attacking, you may spend a target lock you have on an enemy ship at range 1 to perform an attack against that ship even if it is outside your firing arc.

X-Wing Only Title 2

Rebel Alliance only

? points

At the start of the combat phase, if you have a target lock on an enemy ship, you may assign it one stress token.

Edited by pickirk01

At the start of the combat phase, if you have a target lock on an enemy ship, you may assign it one stress token.

Holy pickles, that is worth a SHITTON POINTS

I don't know. 4 or 5 maybe >_>

Nonononono, that's disguistingly powerful

knavelead likes this

Yeah that is way too good for Fix 2....basically the Xwing never has to take R3Stressbot, and if it did then stress on the same fighter is ridiculous!

As for the Stealth X, yeah, it was barely ever in the EU, I can think of maybe 1 book, mention/use of it. And giving it cloak is dumb...stealth device makes more sense. Also giving it real cloack as opposed to unreliable illicit-upgrade cloak is shitting on the iperials in this game, so that is a decision that FFGwill not come to.