Sign in to follow this  
eagletsi111

Hopefully, Syck fix will come with next Scum Huge Ship Release?

So am I the only one hoping for the Next Huge Ship to be Scum and to have the Syck Fix inside?     

Title
Engine Enhancement
Syck Only: Can be used with one other title if you do this, it costs 1 pt instead of 0 pts.
0/1 pt
Gain the boost Icon in your action bar.

Now you can take Auto Thrusters.     

This makes the ship unique and still allows for Heavy Scyk Title, but only if you want too add it and then you pay 

A huge ship and a Syck Fix, would make my 2016.      

I figure since FFG used my Defender suggestion:

They might use my Scyk suggestion also.

Thanks,
Edited by eagletsi111

Well I'll be happy with either a huge add on or a vet style pack. 

There's 2 more pilot trainers that can be used for Unique pilots (known scyk pilots are rare even in legends), ideally since the M3-A pilots are at PS 2 and PS 5 with EPT now, we can get a cheaper PS1 pilot at 13 pts as well.

Well I'll be happy with either a huge add on or a vet style pack. 

There's 2 more pilot trainers that can be used for Unique pilots (known scyk pilots are rare even in legends), ideally since the M3-A pilots are at PS 2 and PS 5 with EPT now, we can get a cheaper PS1 pilot at 13 pts as well.

That would be great!

So am I the only one hoping for the Next Huge Ship to be Scum and to have the Syck Fix inside?     

Probably not, but I hope they don't introduce a patch to the Scyk with an epic ship expansion.

Bundling the TIE Advanced fix with the Raider is the only gripe I have with FFG to date; I much prefer the Aces / Veterans packs as a delivery mechanism for fixes.

For the record I appreciate that bundling standard play ships with epic ships makes that more expensive buy provide ships that have some use in standard play and tournament. I think that both the Rebel Transport and Gozanti packs do this well.  

Edited by avaktor

As long as we're wishing: I'd like a Black Sun Aces pack with more StarViper and Scyk options, polishing both of them.

In retrospect, a common problem with both ships is that they were launched with a title instead of getting a title after we had some time to see them on the table. Now any fixing for the ships has to account for the title as well as any other ideas.

Title
Engine Enhancement
Syck Only: Can be used with one other title if you do this, it costs 1 pt instead of 0 pts.
0/1 pt
Gain the boost Icon in your action bar.

Now you can take Auto Thrusters.     

This makes the ship unique and still allows for Heavy Scyk Title, but only if you want too add it and then you pay 

A huge ship and a Syck Fix, would make my 2016.      

I figure since FFG used my Defender suggestion:

They might use my Scyk suggestion also.

Thanks,

This is almost certainly happening. Not sure if we're ever getting a huge again that isn't packaged with a small ship repaint and fixes/boosts.

Dragon Pearl/Star Jewel + Scyk 2016

Edited by GreatMazinkaiser

As long as we're wishing: I'd like a Black Sun Aces pack with more StarViper and Scyk options, polishing both of them.

In retrospect, a common problem with both ships is that they were launched with a title instead of getting a title after we had some time to see them on the table. Now any fixing for the ships has to account for the title as well as any other ideas.

The scyk isn't a ship the Black Sun uses - the Black Sun and Car'das did fight a battle at Tansarai(sp?) Point tho - So that could be the name for it.

The Scyk is currently the 2nd least popular ship in tournaments that hasn't had a fix announced (The TIE Punisher may benefit from some of the ordnance fixes coming out soon tho). It should be getting a fix of some sort after wave 8 hits.

The StarViper is a fairly popular knife-fighter ship in tournaments. However in fluff it was never a knife-fighter - it was a rival of the TIE Interceptor and A-Wing. Consensus for the StarViper is that if you can equip the title, its an ok ship. So you'll end up playing only 1 and the 2 non uniques are screwed. FFG created the M-2 StarViper for the EotE, maybe we will see that happening as well soon.

FFG usually does a good job when it converts a ship to the game (both the E-Wing and TIE Defender were excellent ships but with heavy cost problems for example) - but in the case of these 2 (and the HWK-290 which is a fast agile transport) they when for a mechanic they wanted to introduce and it hasn't worked out.

The most underperforming ship outside the Scyk is actually the Firespray - Imps have been compalining about it as well - this ship already has 2 titles so any fix is not going to be a simple title slap on fix.

This won't be the Scyk fix. It's not enough to make it competitive with its inter-faction rivals (A Wing and TIE Interceptor, or even the TIE FO).

I go into more detail in this thread: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/196271-a-possible-scyk-tweak/?view=findpost&p=1945026

For those who don't want to tread out though, essentially, even with boost, neither the titleless Scyk at PS2 nor the fully kitted out, high PS ace Scyk with HLC is really competitive at their current price point, even with boost and Autothrusters. It needs more.

Or the Scum and Villainy Aces pack, The Star Viper could use some help, not to mention I don't see the Kihrax around much while the old X-wing got a whole new model.

who knows, maybe there are non ship-specific upgrades that can fix the ships.

in example a simple yet effective way of bumping Kihraxzes and Firesprays. What upgrade is seen on like EVERY FETT AND COBRA?

CQ-TWx7Zw2U.jpg

Bump and it can take the autothruster.

Scyks don't ever take missiles?

Xk5OzhrfoUU.jpg

BUMP and it is now a true missile scyk!

Starvipers, especially the generics don't make the cut at tourney level?

1Ydu9jUOiFQ.jpg

PEW! The nonames are now cool and like to fly in droves!

This won't be the Scyk fix. It's not enough to make it competitive with its inter-faction rivals (A Wing and TIE Interceptor, or even the TIE FO).

I go into more detail in this thread: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/196271-a-possible-scyk-tweak/?view=findpost&p=1945026

For those who don't want to tread out though, essentially, even with boost, neither the titleless Scyk at PS2 nor the fully kitted out, high PS ace Scyk with HLC is really competitive at their current price point, even with boost and Autothrusters. It needs more.

I don't find the HLC Scyk is effective considering that is 23 points which is expensive for a glass cannon. To be fair I find the Mangler Cannon Heavy Scyk tends to be much better as a glass cannon because it has nearly the same amount of firepower just one short but gives out extra crits. But most of all it is cheaper than an X-wing/TIE Advanced.

But when you look at the past spoiler article for the scyk said it was supposed to be a customizable ship, greatly depending on modifications and upgrades to make it what you want. Sure you could use it as a striped down swarm ship at 14 a pop if you don't like Z-95 headhunters or you could make it a glass cannon. However the one build you can't make where Scum really needs is an Arc-dodger type interceptor. The Scyk's dial doesn't work well with PTL so an EU and PTL will not bring it anywhere near the bar set by A-wings and TIE interceptors. 

What the Scyk needs is an alternative title that gives it green hard turns (either speed 2 or 1). That way you can now make them arc dodgers with PTL and Engine Upgrade. The downside is you won't be able to take the heavy secondary weapons. Maybe throw a missile slot on the upgrade and call it good. But again it is an option of which type of "Interceptor" path do you want to follow. Do you want the Long range glass cannon more along the lines of the TIE interceptor or do you want a lightly armed but nimble arc dodging flanker much like the A-wing.

Still Scum needs some attention and I know they haven't been getting much with the new movie taking center stage and all but an Aces pack is exactly what Scum needs.

As for the Huge ship expansion. Nope for the Scyk, instead put in a Z-95 headhunter with the N'dru paint job! That nose art screams for Epic play!

headhunter-ndru-suhlak.jpg

Edited by Marinealver

As for the Huge ship expansion. Nope for the Scyk, instead put in a Z-95 headhunter with the N'dru paint job! That nose art screams for Epic play!

I thought every player painted one himself т_Т

The hobby part of the hobby is also good, not only the gameplay

True but lets face it, X-wing miniatures are not hobby products. Yes I have assembled and painted miniatures myself. I don't paint X-wign because they already come painted and I don't want to ruin the paint scheme with an off color. In my other games such as Warhammer 40,000 I could mess up paint on a model but it would be placed in the middle with dozens or even hundreds of other models so it won't be as noticeably bad. However part of what makes X-wing so affordable is that the model count is low as in 4 to 16 models on a standard play. So every model stands out.

Now I have done some "Hobbying" on my X-wing models but mostly maintenance such as trimming some plastic flash off of my Imperial Raider. I might paint the engines next but I am not setting any deadlines for that. 

Edited by Marinealver

True but lets face it, X-wing miniatures are not hobby products. Yes I have assembled and painted miniatures myself. I don't paint X-wign because they already come painted and I don't want to ruin the paint scheme with an off color. In my other games such as Warhammer 40,000 I could mess up paint on a model but it would be placed in the middle with dozens or even hundreds of other models so it won't be as noticeably bad. However part of what makes X-wing so affordable is that the model count is low as in 4 to 16 models on a standard play. So every model stands out.

Now I have done some "Hobbying" on my X-wing models but mostly maintenance such as trimming some plastic flash off of my Imperial Raider. I might paint the engines next but I am not setting any deadlines for that. 

Everything must be user-specific.

Our local community is composed almost entirely of 40k, WFB and Warmahordes players

each paints his ships.

That seems to be the mentality, yes. Maybe dedicated X-wing players don't paint their fleets

I disagree. A scyk with engine as a title can now take auto thrusters. It's a interceptor That can arc dodge and have a cannon. Very unique and right around the same cost as the imps Edited by eagletsi111

I'd like to see a Scyk-only cannon:

Flak Cannon

3 attack dice

range 1-2

two attacks

If this attack hits, the defender suffers 1 damage and

discards a blue target lock token, then cancel all results.

Or a 1 point "Light Scyk" title:

Whenever you perform an evade or barrel roll action,

you may assign one focus token to your ship.

But whatevs.

I don't think the solution to every ship in the game is to give it boost and autothrusters.

Edited by Vulf

I disagree. A suck with engine as a tiptoe can now take auto thrusters. It's a interceptor That can arc dodge and have a cannon. Very unique and right around the same cost as the imps

Interceptor without pilots tweaked for it is not more than a free frag

But who knows, maybe autothruster was exactly what was needed for some survivability and boost is a must have when flanking (faster edge movement) and blocking.

More than that, considering everything boost was intended in the first place, but the idea was scrapped during the last moment

Since it's a Hutt ship it should be included in the Star Jewel Huge ship expansion, but the regular Scyk already has that ugly purple and brown paint job. And the Star Jewel traditionally came with Z-95s. But they changed the Nashta Pup into a Z-95 for no good reason, so why not a Scyk with fix for Jabba's star cruiser?

To be fair the Scyk isn't a rival of the A-Wing or TIE Interceptor, its supposed to be competing with the TIE Fighter and the Z-95 - currently it's implementation in this game is a bit disappointing but hopefully can be fixed. 

The ship supposed to compete with the A-Wing or TIE Interceptor on the other hand was the StarViper (Thats what Xizor demanded when he comissioned the design) - unfortunately, it didn't quite work out that way. 

Edited by Hantheman