Sign in to follow this  
Lyynark

TFA - The resistance troop transporter

We saw it briefly in the movie and it has now been officially released as a LEGO set:

Resistance troop transporter

It will most likely find its way into the game (wave 9) and I'm wondering what it might look like when we finally get it.

From the movie it's not much larger than an X-wing (if even that) so it's most likely a small base ship. So I'm thinking something along the following lines:

Stats

Attack: 2

Evade: 1

Hull: 4

Shields: 4

Actions

Focus, TL

Upgrades

Cannon

System upgrade

Crew

Crew

Tech

Dial

Something along the lines of a B-Wing

What do you think?

I would think it would be a large ship, and it would be nice for the Rebellion/Resistance to have a large ship that was a legit navy vessel and not just a hot-rodded freighter. It could fill a nice command/control role like the Lambda does for the Imperials- sort of a mini-Transport.

My vision for the dial would be more along the lines of the K-wing.

It's still pretty ugly. 

I would think it would be a large ship, and it would be nice for the Rebellion/Resistance to have a large ship that was a legit navy vessel and not just a hot-rodded freighter. It could fill a nice command/control role like the Lambda does for the Imperials- sort of a mini-Transport.

Looking at it, it should move like crap. Engines have a strange layout. Yeah but it's nice for them to get a C&C ship. Is this in any other source? Is that even a cannon?

Sorry just because it's in the movie does not mean it should take a spot in a wave.

Also what are the rebel and scum players going to get?

We have pretty good precedent that pretty much every ship (OT) that has appeared on screen gets into the game. Also, I don't care what (I presume you mean empire and scum) E and S&V will get, that was not the point of this thread. But since you're asking, Kylo Rens command shuttle is a decent contender.

As for size I still believe it's not big enough to warrant a Large ship base...

I noticed something looking like missiles on top of the "gun pod", so maybe a missile slot as well?

It's still pretty ugly. 

Looking at it, it should move like crap. Engines have a strange layout. Yeah but it's nice for them to get a C&C ship. Is this in any other source? Is that even a cannon?

BOO%252520TOPIC%2525201.png

We saw it briefly in the movie and it has now been officially released as a LEGO set:

Resistance troop transporter

It will most likely find its way into the game (wave 9) and I'm wondering what it might look like when we finally get it.

From the movie it's not much larger than an X-wing (if even that) so it's most likely a small base ship. So I'm thinking something along the following lines:

Stats

Attack: 2

Evade: 1

Hull: 4

Shields: 4

Actions

Focus, TL

Upgrades

Cannon

System upgrade

Crew

Crew

Tech

Dial

Something along the lines of a B-Wing

What do you think?

Great minds think alike and such...

:D

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven

Looks like the hvy laser cannon swings around to fire backwards and the hull looks pretty **** thick. So it may get a rear fire arc and lots o' Hull.

The Visual Dictionary's pic made me like this ship more. I think FFG could make the Resistance Transport a very decent addition to the game.

Bit of a stupid design really. All troop landing transports should have a turret. Forward to soften up your landing spot, backwards for defending from fighters as you run away.

Looks like the cannon swings around to fire backwards.

I'm not even sure its a cannon really - could be a sensor/comms vane. A tech and crew support carrier would be ok for rebels. Imperials have 2 more ships from the movie that are feasible.

Scum has nothing in TFA - which is fine also - scum is never featured heavily as player in any of the movies (To date only the Firespray is the only ship in the Saga movies, and there are a few more I think in the spin-off movies). Scum's stuff is mostly from the comics and games (visually) and from the books for reference. The animated series have also been featuring scum quite a bit so Rebels is possibly the place to look for Scum Stuff.

Ackbar Crew Member!

More importantly it looks like he's holding a beer stein!

Perhaps:

Drunk Mon Calamari Navigation Officer

Crew -6 points

You must randomly select your manoeuvre during the planning phase. 

or

Carousing Admiral Ackbar

Crew -3 points

The intoxicated Admiral is incapable of spotting a trap, -2 green dice for defence. 

Rebels don't have a shuttle so I don't see a problem with it specifically. I can see this with a dial that's a hybrid of the lambda and b-wing. It's a command & control ship, being rebels it could be another chance to make a proper buffing ship.

According to the visual guide it's got a heavy laser cannon (as opposed to the Stormtrooper transports "antipersonnel" gun), so it's got some firepower to bring to the table (or a cannon slot at least)

For those who think it doesn't have a place in a game ostensibly about space battles/dogfights - we have the Lambda class shuttle ... 'nuff said.