Sign in to follow this  
Plainsman

At which wave did you join XWing?

Wave 1. Had tried to get into Warhammer Fantasy for a few months in 2010, couldn't find people. Kept the war gaming itch. Shortly after wave 1 hit the girlfriend's brother-in-law brought it for a game night. Fell for it instantly. All the mini war gaming I want, less $$$ invested, Star Wars license, no GW.

I started playing just after wave 4 came out, but before everyone realized how powerful the Phantom was.

So I got to see the golden age briefly before the game was ruined. This is why I complain so much. Wave 7's meta is pretty good but once Super Dash gets an entirely green dial and Scum gets a Super Dash the game is going right back to the ruined state it used to be in. Gotta please the 10 year olds smearing ice cream on their face.

I actually see all green Dash as inferior to KK-Superdash. I know it isn't intuitive, but his counter are TLTs. Additional focus is huge against TLTs, manouverability isn't at all. So as long as some people keep spamming TLTs (and they will for easy wins if your meta doesn't adapt) you shouldn't be bothered too much. I do see that the matchup is annoying with your Crackswarm, though. As for incoming Super-Dengar - keep your expectacion, best case has you pleasently suprised. GCs are going to make the torpedoe Jumpmaster even nicer, so consider that.

I started playing around the same time as you - when I got my core wave 4 was freshly on store shelves. I had a slow start with a friend of mine and gradually build my collection with another core. When I wanted a Phantom 2 weeks later wave 4 was already sold out, so I had to wait a long time befor I got any of that. When I moved to university I found a nice community and my collection exploded a bit.

I am at the point where I have almost everything I want (More rebel Z-95s are required and maybe another B-Wing or two. One via a second Rebel Aces pack. And then stock the A-Wings up to five. Hounds Tooth and 2 more K-Things so I have 6 Crackshots when Imperial Vets hits. A fourth K-Wing would give me more Conner Nets ...).  Wave 6 was the first one where I bought in heavily on release day with a Star Viper and two Most Wanted packs. On wave 7 I went a bit crazy, although I initialy didn't get scum, with 3 K-Wings and 4 Punishers (what can I say - I thought Cluster Mines could be a thing) and for wave 8 I am pretty excited. Can't wait for the FO and T-70 to be released in Europe.

You no longer need the extra focus if you can do a green 4 speed or 3 hard or whatever which reduces the need for extra boosts/BR's. Then you just focus as one of your actions.

Manueverability is super important against TLT's. Exploiting their croissants is what you do to counter them. And against everything else without a turret you'll autowin with your ability to do 1 green hard turns on a ship with an HLC turret and large ship boost and barrel roll.

Someone plops down 5 Kirahxzs against Kanan Super Dash and they've already lost the game.

Started last month, so I'm WAY behind the curve. But I'm working on a nice seven ship TIE swarm, and a Y wing build. The TIE swarm seems ok for the moment, so no major tweaks are needed. And the Y wing build is almost ready (need one more Y wing), so I'm not dropping gobs of cash trying to get every ship for the cards. After these two builds are thoroughly play tested, I may, or may not move onto something else. I'll still buy a ship here and there, for scenario or campaign play, but I'm not going to go card chasing. I'll buy ships that look cool, or have irresistible cards, but I'm not going to even attempt to try and catch them all.

Technically,  I only began playing in the middle of 2015, bought the core set because my daughter & her friends were playing.

But my first X-wing purchase was back when the Millennium Falcon hit the shelves.  Had no intention of starting up a new game at the time, but it was the fracking MILLENNIUM FALCON!!!!

That'd be wave 7... 

That's right... started playing (well, more like collecting... only played around 5 times so far) maby two months ago?

I now own one of each ship (some more) except for the E-wing, which seems to be out in every part of Sweden :/

Found the game at a con when it was released, but didn't actually jump in until right after Wave 1 was released. Which would explain why I bought 3 each of the X-Wing, TIE, TIE/ad, and Y-Wings... But it serves me well now!

I jumped in a few months back when the new core set came out. (Wave 7.5 it seems the general consensus is calling it). I dove head first into this game. I pretty much got one of each expansion pack for imperials and rebels (except the falcon and outrider). I will wait for scum once my bank account has recovered from the hospital. I recently participated in 3 store championships, placed 34th / 52 in the first; then 8th / 24 ish in the second; and 6th / 40 ish in the last one. I've learned a ton about this game and I got to meet so many new people. It has been a blast these past few months. Can't wait to see what the future holds.