Sign in to follow this  
Plainsman

At which wave did you join XWing?

I started playing just after wave 4 came out, but before everyone realized how powerful the Phantom was.

So I got to see the golden age briefly before the game was ruined. This is why I complain so much. Wave 7's meta is pretty good but once Super Dash gets an entirely green dial and Scum gets a Super Dash the game is going right back to the ruined state it used to be in. Gotta please the 10 year olds smearing ice cream on their face.

I started playing just after wave 4 came out, but before everyone realized how powerful the Phantom was.

So I got to see the golden age briefly before the game was ruined. This is why I complain so much. Wave 7's meta is pretty good but once Super Dash gets an entirely green dial and Scum gets a Super Dash the game is going right back to the ruined state it used to be in. Gotta please the 10 year olds smearing ice cream on their face.

I actually see all green Dash as inferior to KK-Superdash. I know it isn't intuitive, but his counter are TLTs. Additional focus is huge against TLTs, manouverability isn't at all. So as long as some people keep spamming TLTs (and they will for easy wins if your meta doesn't adapt) you shouldn't be bothered too much. I do see that the matchup is annoying with your Crackswarm, though. As for incoming Super-Dengar - keep your expectacion, best case has you pleasently suprised. GCs are going to make the torpedoe Jumpmaster even nicer, so consider that.

I started playing around the same time as you - when I got my core wave 4 was freshly on store shelves. I had a slow start with a friend of mine and gradually build my collection with another core. When I wanted a Phantom 2 weeks later wave 4 was already sold out, so I had to wait a long time befor I got any of that. When I moved to university I found a nice community and my collection exploded a bit.

I am at the point where I have almost everything I want (More rebel Z-95s are required and maybe another B-Wing or two. One via a second Rebel Aces pack. And then stock the A-Wings up to five. Hounds Tooth and 2 more K-Things so I have 6 Crackshots when Imperial Vets hits. A fourth K-Wing would give me more Conner Nets ...).  Wave 6 was the first one where I bought in heavily on release day with a Star Viper and two Most Wanted packs. On wave 7 I went a bit crazy, although I initialy didn't get scum, with 3 K-Wings and 4 Punishers (what can I say - I thought Cluster Mines could be a thing) and for wave 8 I am pretty excited. Can't wait for the FO and T-70 to be released in Europe.

I started playing right before the phantom nerf. I think I played pre nerf phantom against my brother once before the nerf hit.

My brother doesn't care much for the FAQs, and probably wouldn't have been bothered if I kept playing it that way, but since I know it exists I need to use it, **** it.

I just need to get the bastard to play more. Though, he's weird in a way, he won't complain about Darth Vader and Soontir Fel, but will get pissed off at Turr Phennir boosting or BRing out of Arc.

Oh well, the next game he plans on flying Luke/Wedge/Biggs, I think I'll indulge him by flying Vader/Mithel/Backstabber with some Black Squad pilots.

Started at the end of Wave 6 a few weeks before we got Wave 7 ships in store. Played against a friend as Rebels first then imperials to decide which one to focus on. Ended up buying an interceptor, imperial aces and a few more tie fighters to start.

When the TFA core set came out.

I watched the Table Top episode of X-wing and figured now would be the time to sell my 2 MtG Underground Seas (which reduces the chances my boys would harm those cards). We got one of each core with plenty of store credit leftover. I used birthday money to trickle in more used and new ships since then and my boys got me some for Christmas.

It's a family drug now, though my wife doesn't get it.

I first played a demo game in 2013 at the beginning of Wave 2. Bought the starter and a Falcon and swapped the TIES for a mate's X-Wing (something I've continued to regret). 

Played it a few times and then put it away.

Decided to dust the game off around the end of 2014 when I entered my first tournament and have been playing sporadically since then.

Cheers

Baaa

I started somewhere between waves 1 and 2; the Falcon was out, but they hadn't finished off all of the available on screen designs yet. I had some hope for at least one Rebel (Han or Chewie) pilot for the shuttle before it was released. Happy with it anyway, of course.

Just stared, so Wave 7.5 I guess. Wife was just like, "what are these Amazon purchase notices I'm getting?" Lol. She was crazy about boutique clothes for our daughter for a few years though, so she has no room to talk :)

I happened to pass my FLGS in London as they were opening the boxes from their Thursday night delivery and saw the starter set. Didn't even know it was coming out.

So bought in on Day 1 and been there ever since. (Glad I did, they sold out in two days and supply to the UK was sketchy at best over the next 6-12 months)

Yes, I remember when 2 red dice were enough as the rebels only had 1-2 greens to counter.

Edited by Eryst

I started in November of last year while I was walking around my local Barnes and noble looking for black series figures when I saw the coolest looking mini x and y wing I've ever seen so I bought them as display models but once I learned it was a game and did some more research, I bought up all the ships I could at the time and it just exploded into an obsession, I currently own 100pts of every ship, plus plastic tokens, rulers, templates and so on..fantastic game, relatively inexpensive and its FREAKIN MINI STARSHIPS ON YOUR TABLE...what's not to love! :)

I joined way after Wave 3, before Imperial Aces dropped, I recall that I joined the store tournament and Imperial Aces had just literally came out, I think I started about a month before that.