Sign in to follow this  
Plainsman

At which wave did you join XWing?

November/December 2012 as wave 1 landed in the UK although I imported mine using store credit that I had with Cool Stuff.

Went straight into the Kessel Run tourneys during which I won a selection of what would be wave 2 and haven't stopped since!

I started just after wave 3 launched.  I had seen the game on Tabletop, fell in love instantly, and began planning out what I was going to buy, knowing that I wanted the Slave 1, the Falcon, and some B-Wings first and foremost.  

Wave 6 for me... still catching up, but making progress... lol

Not only that, it seems like a lot longer, but I know I logged in within a day or so of buying my first core set and my account creation shows April 6, 2015.  

Came in between the release of Wave 6 and the announcement of Wave 7 (so early 2015).  Had some gift vouchers for my birthday for my FLGS and decided to take the plunge into a new system instead of spending more on 40K.  Really glad I did.  There is a great X-Wing group at the store, with regular events each week and monthly tournaments.  I've gotten in more gaming since April 2015 then I had for years with 40K, so much so that I haven't touched the stuff since starting X-Wing and am now thinking of selling it all to fund my X-Wing habit.

I joined during Wave 2, but it was Wave 3 that sold me. I had seen X-Wing at my local game store, but hadn't thought much of it. When I saw a catalog showing that the Moldy Crow was going to be added, I wanted to grab it just to display. While waiting for the wave to come out, though, I decided to look into the game and ended up buying it.

Wave 3, which was an exciting time for the game if you ask me. While the number of ships and options for them was much comparatively smaller than what is available now, the lists were still always dynamic, even if B-Wings were king for some time, which I enjoyed. ^^

Learned of the game summer 2014 seeing the Tantive on display. Kept an eye out but didnt commit to trying it until I saw online there was a decimator, then made the leap last December. So just after wave 5. Started with a core set, lambda, and hawk. Second, larger, purchase a week later included said decimator. Then I was off to B&N stores across the area hunting down ships out of stock online (never occurring to me that m:tg stores, as I knew and called them, might sell the ships -hadn't been inside a LGS in over 10 years.)