Sign in to follow this  
Plainsman

At which wave did you join XWing?

My son and I started at Wave 3! Luckily, we weren't too far behind the curve and managed to purchase all the ships right away. Plus the following waves came out slow enough we could purchase them in quantity when they came out.

(As I was reading replies, I realized I had the Wave incorrect! We entered at Wave 3 with the Tie Bomber!)

I can't imagine jumping in as a newbie right now and trying to get caught up!

So when did you jump into the game, Wave 1, Wave 2, etc???

Edited by Plainsman

I bought the core set during Wave 1 but didn't get any more ships until Wave 2, when I got 1 of everything. Then I stopped playing for a while after Wave 4 came out. My kids are starting to learn how to play now (though they're still a bit young) so that and the Aturi Cluster campaign have been drawing me back in.

Wave 4, just before wave 5 was released. Went to my first tournament about a year ago sporting Roark, 2 b's, & 2 a's. I didn't do very well but I did get a lot of 'props' from the other players for bringing a Hawk to a tournament.

Oh man, I can practically hear Lando saying "We've had supply problems of every kind…"

I joined pretty much at the end of Wave 2, I think Interceptors hit shelves the second or third week of our playing. Maybe sooner than that. I can remember when FFG was still ironing out their production, it was utterly commonplace for them to miss their projected releases by entire quarters. If they announced something as End Q1, it was coming out mid Q3. Of course, it seems they've kicked that rep in the butt now.

Whenever the Core Set, Y-Wing and TIE Advanced first landed in the UK.

As the OP mentions I can't imagine catching up with all the different waves as a new player these days. Would be interesting to see the correlation between those who have been into the game from the beginning and those like myself who have full fleets of all factions.

Wave 2. I have struggled to find players. Luckily there has always been at least one person as 'devoted' as I. I am very excited to move out to the Seattle/Tacoma area this summer. Sounds like there is a good community in that area.

Pretty sure I started getting into the game in late 2013, after being shown the X-Wing Tabletop episode, and getting to play a few games with a friend's ships. I was hooked, and while I haven't always had the scratch to get the shiniest, newest ships, I've been enjoying the competitive scene quite a lot. I may have made it something of a mission of mine to get a top finish with at least one HWK in my list at a major (Regional, ideally).