Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

ok it's 2016, can we have some wave 3 news now?

I like nothing at this time as I can enjoy what I have.

Knowing that the release date is highly likely to be set back, for me the initial excitement is quickly replaced with a degree of apathy. While this isn't going to affect my purchase of wave 3 when it gets in, it has cost FFG sales in the past as various games that looked great when they were announced just became an apathetic "meh" when seen in the wild.

That said I'll be putting an envelope under my keyboard and sliding a $50 note in now and again.

On the ffg facebook page i asked abouy news for armada as its been almost 3 mknths since any new news.

FfG said it coming soon. But my fear is the lack of news and updates and such is leading player to believe that it has no support.Heck i be happy with just two new ships for wave 3 with one for each faction

Edited by mobow213

the lack of support was pretty evident with the release of the updated mov table being released a month after the release of wave two. Which came out 6 months behind schedule....which means they had months to get that figured out. Delays of wave 3 info is just to be expected. Armada isn't as a big a priority as xwing. *shrug*

Edited by jekara

I like nothing at this time as I can enjoy what I have.

Knowing that the release date is highly likely to be set back, for me the initial excitement is quickly replaced with a degree of apathy. While this isn't going to affect my purchase of wave 3 when it gets in, it has cost FFG sales in the past as various games that looked great when they were announced just became an apathetic "meh" when seen in the wild.

That said I'll be putting an envelope under my keyboard and sliding a $50 note in now and again.

Ohhh good idea. . .

the lack of support was pretty evident with the release of the updated mov table being released a month after the release of wave two. Which came out 6 months behind schedule....which means they had months to get that figured out. Delays of wave 3 info is just to be expected. Armada isn't as a big a priority as xwing. *shrug*

This is the unfortunate reality. I understand that card games are easier to produce, as is Imperial Assault. It's still hard not to feel a bit neglected with all the delays. I don't feel any need to have wave 3 any time soon. I would just like some news. It has been a month. In that time, there have been 9 X-Wing articles.

This is the unfortunate reality. I understand that card games are easier to produce, as is Imperial Assault. It's still hard not to feel a bit neglected with all the delays. I don't feel any need to have wave 3 any time soon. I would just like some news. It has been a month. In that time, there have been 9 X-Wing articles.

This is my thing also. Except for basic housekeeping (wave 2 hits the streets/updated faq and tourny rules), we haven't had anything remotely meaningful posted in a while. How about some strategy articles? A state of the game, future ideas from the developers? Maybe we could go back and talk design philosophy behind each of the released ships and squadrons so we can see what they were thinking? You don't even have to announce wave 3, but I feel like its just good sense for the developer to engage the community at regular intervals.

Not a big deal either way, I'm so enamored of this game that I'm going to play pretty much no matter what they do so long as they keep the quality up that they have been putting out so far. But the above would improve my experience, in case any FFG folks are perusing this and were wondering "How can I make Madaghmire's day today?"

Lack of announcement, lack of events and general cost of the miniatures has killed this game for me. When I can find 6 X-wing players for every Armada player it would be silly for me to drop my money in Armada. Haven't bought anything from wave 2. 

Lack of announcement, lack of events and general cost of the miniatures has killed this game for me. When I can find 6 X-wing players for every Armada player it would be silly for me to drop my money in Armada. Haven't bought anything from wave 2. 

That's nice. 

Have fun with another game. I still can't see how you have fully explored this game to the point that you are bored with it. 

Its sad, people are willing to complain about the lack of players but do nothing to increase their player base. I found out a few days ago that a kid I showed the game to was able to get into this fantastic game with his chrismas. A friend who I got a core set for and some other things is still going strong and the FLGS that I am always at is slowly growing.

It takes time, patience and a willingness to build a community. Maybe you need to do that first. 

We have a club (game a thon) every month and we have a 6 player game plus a GM every time for the last 9.
months.

Maybe your expecting to much out of a game. But feel free to send me your stuff if you don't want it
our club will put it to use. :D

That's a shame. Wave 2 is exponentially better than wave 1. We're at a balance level that I think X-Wing has never had.

That's nice. 

Have fun with another game. I still can't see how you have fully explored this game to the point that you are bored with it. 

Its sad, people are willing to complain about the lack of players but do nothing to increase their player base. I found out a few days ago that a kid I showed the game to was able to get into this fantastic game with his chrismas. A friend who I got a core set for and some other things is still going strong and the FLGS that I am always at is slowly growing.

It takes time, patience and a willingness to build a community. Maybe you need to do that first. 

Wow could you be be a bigger pretentious *******. You know **** all about our area or what we and I have done. Happy new year to you too. 

That's a shame. Wave 2 is exponentially better than wave 1. We're at a balance level that I think X-Wing has never had.

... actually I think you have that the other way around.  Wave2 has opened up stuff in a good way, but mass squadrons and ackbar are boogeymen.  

In contrast, Xwing might actually be in its best state EVER.  seriously destroyed meta.  Nearly all ships will be COMPETITIVELY! viable after Imperial Veterans, with the exception of Syck and Khiraxz and Starviper.  Which can work but will tend to be hard losses if you are an average player playing against a good player.  

but mass squadrons

This still makes me laugh, and laugh...  

Maniacally, at times.

Its nothing against you.  Its just everyone was talking how Squadrons were terrible and worthless because you just killed the ships, and now, now that's not the case at all...

Frankly, I am happy to see it.  I am happy to see Squadrons out tehre, because squadrons are more variety to me.  They can and do vary in compositional makeup.

I know you have previously stated your position that you dislike squadrons because you want to see Ships...  But I will admit, at least here, and at least with my view, you would be an outlier.  Nothing wrong with that, but again, we're still in the meta-vs-meta thing, and that itself, I feel, means there is variety and balance around.

The fact that there is not one big all happy meta where things are samey is good enough for me.  The same things are not talked about as being the boogeymen everywhere.

Personally though, I hate the X-Wing comparisons.  Its a totally different game, and can't be judged the way it was.  

Mostly though, that's because I'm having to deal with so much negative kickback from X-Wing players because I'm running the Armada side of things at our local.

X-wing is doing well now balance wise.  I Have the wave two squadrons and they are cool. Didn't pay for them. Massing at Sullust rewards. 

Sadly armada events only  seems to be one store really supporting and its seven hours there and back. On a Sunday. That's really pushing it for events even store championship level and the awesome prizes. So no events and no new stuff is making it harder to keep folks interest.