Sign in to follow this  
Comradebot

Valen Rudor doesn't suck!!!!

Look at real world WWII German tank and aircraft design. It's just a pile of evolving prototypes of prototypes in a lot of places. It helps at least a little that the other inquisitors also had access to production version TAPs so there is some canon evidence of its production volume.

Look at real world

WWII German tank and aircraft design. It's just a pile of evolving prototypes of prototypes in a lot of places. It helps at least a little that the other inquisitors also had access to production version TAPs so there is some canon evidence of its production volume.

Speaking of which, I kinda wish we could also have the Seventh Sister and the Fifth Brother as pilots.

I've always considered the normal tie advanced as basically sienar saying "that incom x wing is good, let's make one of those" kind of like the early panther tank designs by Daimler-Benz that were just a German t-34. The TAP was conceived before the x wing to a completely different design specification. Some of the development work for it probably went to the more economical tie interceptor.

So I have a problem : I have 26 points left in a list, and juking Baron costs 27. Am I better taking him with a 1 point ept like crackshot or taking a ps4 (?) TAP with juke?

A spare 26 points that you haven't immediately spent on Omega Leader with Juke and Comms?

I thought about him, and tried, but he got rushed by Soontir before I could set up my evade and TL and died turn 2. I think I poorly played it, but this is a bad first experience.

I know you shouldn't fly Interceptors and Phantoms together,

Why on earth not? My soontir, whisper, vader list was so brutal I stopped playing it because I felt so bad for my opponents.

Soontir wants to move last, Whisper want to shoot first. Only really matters against PS9 opponents though.

Valen Rudor (22)

Veteran Instincts (1)

Autothrusters (2)

TIE/v1 (1)

Vs.

"Omega Leader" (21)

Juke (2)

Comm Relay (3)

My money would be on Omega Leader pretty much no matter which EPT you give Rudor. And they are competing for the same spot in lists after all!

I've always considered the normal tie advanced as basically sienar saying "that incom x wing is good, let's make one of those" kind of like the early panther tank designs by Daimler-Benz that were just a German t-34. The TAP was conceived before the x wing to a completely different design specification. Some of the development work for it probably went to the more economical tie interceptor.

The x1 already exists, though. Vader had it in rebels. There is no sighting of T-65s there, yet. I expect it to be a major story arc some time in the future.

The x1 already exists, though. Vader had it in rebels. There is no sighting of T-65s there, yet. I expect it to be a major story arc some time in the future.

If Rebels is like the old EU the x-wing is gonna be so OP that regularTIE pilots will wet their flight suits on first seeing it, which is a far cry from how it was portrayed in the Late 70s and early 80s where it was kind of outdated and the ones we saw were only viable because they were suped up by the rebels like hot rod cars. I'm hoping the x-wing is at least a decade old in Rebels and not some super fighter like th B-wing ended up being. Converging lasers on an x-wing, sounds good on paper....

Can Rudor with Expose and V1 actually be a thing?

Like anything else you will have to fly it well AND you have to bait your opponent into shooting at you but

1. Get to range 3, TL and Evade.
  2. Get shot, survive with 4 unmodified greens and an evade
  3. Boost to range 1 then EI for Expose
  4. Attack with 4 dice and TL.

For 30 points probably not worth it but you may mess with your opponent's head which is fun.

Poe will eat this dude for breakfast.

Cheers

Baaa

Poe is not nearly as scary as everyone pretends he is. Or I am just super lucky against poe and tend to eat him for breakfast
Not saying Poe's invincible, just that he'll tear Rudor a new one.

Which he will.

Cheers

Baaa

What is the point of your evidence-less defense of mr. Dameron?

Because it's true?

Also,  Feedback Array.

Cheers

Baaa

Why on earth not? My soontir, whisper, vader list was so brutal I stopped playing it because I felt so bad for my opponents.

Soontir wants to move last, Whisper want to shoot first. Only really matters against PS9 opponents though.

That's what's so good about the combination though. It puts your opponents in an impossible position as far as initiative goes. If they take initiative, soontir goes after their aces and arc dodges while whisper hangs back and snipes everyone else. If they give you initiative. Whisper can engage the aces and recloak while soontir hangs back and harasses everyone else. No matter which way the enemy picks on initiative, they get screwed. Plus, there is a psychological advantage to be had from giving the enemy such a lose/lose decision to make before the game even starts.

As much as I would love to see Valen with an action EPT, I think his best bet is actually Lone Wolf. It makes him way more survivable, as he should be able to get multiple modifications on defense dice, and could easily get three evades after a <blank, blank blank> roll by spending his evade, triggering AT, and using Lone Wolf. This can set him up for a TL attack at range 1 with a boost, or a TL+F attack for a likely 2 hits. Lone Wolf also acts as an autothrusters insurance if the conditions aren't met. The best part is it makes Valen a higher priority target in the early game, which gives him more use of his ability.

Side note: I wish Laetin A'shera could take Lone Wolf...

PTL use on him will be highly situational, dependant on a higher PS ship attacking him to trigger the shenanigans. Once observed they won't do it again unless necessary to deny him those actions. Also using an action EPT like daredevil or employing Experimental Interface would result in him carrying double stress tokens. Any action that results in stress, or being stressed by tactician, R3-A2, or a damage card and the free action is useless.

An interesting pilot worth considering, but he needs more thought as to what squad he best fits into.

I think we should just tell people Valen Rudor sucks and then we can keep him hidden like a freaking amazing black metal song that only we know all the words to.

Valen Rudor Sucks.  Only run the Inquisitor.  Or the Generics.  There is no "second" Baron.  It's just Fel. 

There will come a time however, when the legends will speak of a Shadow Baron, one who operates in the black bleak land of mid-range PS, eating up entire action bars, piling TLs and Evades up in mystical arrangements.  Rebel pilots will speak in hushed tones over dim lit sabaac tables of a Tie that slips away from laser fire as if it were the movement phase.   Iconic statements of suddenly revealed ambuscades will be cut short.  The explosions will be so epic, so star dazzlingly bright, that their coronas will reflect off protective screens as our enemies leap away to safety.  Our ineptitude will serve as cover.  Our gleaming white helms shall aim not!  We shall blend into the background, a tapestry of fools!  They shall revel in jealousy at our Ace pilots, even maybe steal them, but the shall never even know of our greatest weapon, our most dire threat!  We shall build a new Death Star!  A tiny one!  With wings!  And it will move like a Golden Snitch!

Valen Rudor Sucks.  Only run the Inquisitor, or generics.  The title is a nerf-fix.  There is no second Baron... 

Edited by Darkcloak

That's actually why they work well together, since against p.s. 9, you're not always in control of an initiative bid, now there's no bad choice for you, you gain an advantage either way.

I think he is okay, but i would really give him VI. Even if he only gets one action, he can position himself so he doesn't get hit by a lot of enemy attacks, and shoot earlier. Shoukd he survive you can either tank up for coming attacks or just roll/boost away from these arcs.

I mean let's not be too optimistic here. Arc-dodging almost every attack is still superior as an option compared to risking your ship by taking too much fire. VI assures that against lower skill pilots.

I think we should just tell people Valen Rudor sucks and then we can keep him hidden like a freaking amazing black metal song that only we know all the words to.

Valen Rudor Sucks.  Only run the Inquisitor.  Or the Generics.  There is no "second" Baron.  It's just Fel. 

There will come a time however, when the legends will speak of a Shadow Baron, one who operates in the black bleak land of mid-range PS, eating up entire action bars, piling TLs and Evades up in mystical arrangements.  Rebel pilots will speak in hushed tones over dim lit sabaac tables of a Tie that slips away from laser fire as if it were the movement phase.   Iconic statements of suddenly revealed ambuscades will be cut short.  The explosions will be so epic, so star dazzlingly bright, that their coronas will reflect off protective screens as our enemies leap away to safety.  Our ineptitude will serve as cover.  Our gleaming white helms shall aim not!  We shall blend into the background, a tapestry of fools!  They shall revel in jealousy at our Ace pilots, even maybe steal them, but the shall never even know of our greatest weapon, our most dire threat!  We shall build a new Death Star!  A tiny one!  With wings!  And it will move like a Golden Snitch!

Valen Rudor Sucks.  Only run the Inquisitor, or generics.  The title is a nerf-fix.  There is no second Baron... 

:D *can't like that enough!

and disclaimer: I'm normally not into that stuff (when metal, more the traditional stuff like thrash, speed and death), but anyway: -this- is -the- (at least my) official Rudolph theme-song that now circles around in my head everytime he goes into pew-pew-phase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVvRLwmm2Tg

(hopefully, the title is meant for the enemy and not himself^^)

(Apologies if this is repetitive, but I haven't read this whole thread. It just seems like the best place to put this post.)

Has anyone considered that Valen Rudor + Epsilon Leader (removing stress at the start of combat) means a PTL Valen can take four actions in a single round?

(Apologies if this is repetitive, but I haven't read this whole thread. It just seems like the best place to put this post.)

Has anyone considered that Valen Rudor + Epsilon Leader (removing stress at the start of combat) means a PTL Valen can take four actions in a single round?

PTL states once per round.