Sign in to follow this  
Boba Rick

What's Your Experience So Far with the New Errata?

Every one of those units is still quite strong.

Royal Guards have significantly less range in the early rounds without the full Officer Order effect. Guards are now reasonably tanky instead of insanely tanky and their damage output is noticeably lower without the +2 damage. They are still quite strong though.

The non-Guardian change really does take away from the beefyness of the Royal Guards.  Taking me a bit of adjusting in my list to get things working.  With that said, I still have good games, I just have to be way more careful with them.  I also need to find a way to keep my Nexu from dying in the first round of combat.

The non-Guardian change really does take away from the beefyness of the Royal Guards.  Taking me a bit of adjusting in my list to get things working.  With that said, I still have good games, I just have to be way more careful with them.  I also need to find a way to keep my Nexu from dying in the first round of combat.

That's kinda what they do... save a point and run a Wampa. More damage and loves longer. Not as mobile, obviously, but hunger and efficient Travel certainly help

I got confirmation via email that the changes are supposed to effect the campaign play too, but I haven't mentioned it to my players yet (maybe not ever)

Yea, not sure what to do on my end either.

The changes to the RG’s were obviously aimed at the skirmish game, little worried they’ll get steamrolled over in the campaign when heroes are decked out/obtain better weapons.

On the plus side, they are usually an auto include group mid campaign, so maybe it’ll force the empire player to mix up his open groups a little more.

I got confirmation via email that the changes are supposed to effect the campaign play too, but I haven't mentioned it to my players yet (maybe not ever)

Yea, not sure what to do on my end either.

The changes to the RG’s were obviously aimed at the skirmish game, little worried they’ll get steamrolled over in the campaign when heroes are decked out/obtain better weapons.

On the plus side, they are usually an auto include group mid campaign, so maybe it’ll force the empire player to mix up his open groups a little more.

Or maybe it will just force the empire player to get his teeth kicked in a little more. That's what I'm worried about. Imperial is hard already mid to late game. This is just bad.

Well for my own two credits, the changes to Royal Guards were needed. And it is probably easier to nerf one card than to attempt to rebalance every single other card in the game against it.

It is needed in the campaign, and desperately. RGs are just so unbelievably good for their cost, I can't imagine not having them in my Open Groups if they aren't already on the board. "And you're stunned. And you're stunned too."

Of note, just in case anyone missed it, the Officers remain unchanged in the campaign.

We incorporated the errata in our ongoing campaign and played Target of Opportunity (Rebel Saboteurs as reward) yesterday.

It seemed the side mission was created to abuse the Saboteurs' Pierce 2 ability, and the nerf considerably made it much harder for the Rebels to win the mission. I nearly lost, if it weren't for Saska Teft's device tokens.  

as a imperial player my xp is that imperial lists took a serious hit...Royal guards are below par now...vader is now a lame duck ...royal guard champion is unprotected...played a couple of games againt a luke, 2x elitesabs et al list and lost all games.

My prediction for skirmish is that competitive players will now most jump on the rebel train...especially if your prone to "pizza party"

I really dislike the non-guardian stuff. There a lot of missions were you get your guards standing together and (in the late campaign part) if heroes are lucky they can shoot down one of them during the first activation. And it hurts, you do not give them the intended defense (why place them together then from other units..), lose the focus token and cannot hide in case Mac shot the first guard with his 4xp free attack (And stay down I think). (The part that royal guard champion does not get the defence is just plain nonsence — you can guard ultimate power Vader, but you cannot guard royal guard champion)

Skirmish part needed that, campaign part did not. If the same intention was planed for the Hoth campaign (As clumping royal guards together away from other units during setup), then campaign will be heavily easier for the Rebels. However it's better for mroe casual groups, but it gets extremely worse for more dedicated groups.

Edited by Imlus

as a imperial player my xp is that imperial lists took a serious hit...Royal guards are below par now...vader is now a lame duck ...royal guard champion is unprotected...played a couple of games againt a luke, 2x elitesabs et al list and lost all games.

My prediction for skirmish is that competitive players will now most jump on the rebel train...especially if your prone to "pizza party"

I haven't had that experience. I've been trying a nearly 4x4 list with an Elite E-Web and it did very well against Rebel Blast. The Royal Guards are certainly weaker but I can't say that they are below par at all. They are pretty much the most efficient unit in the game with great traits and abilities.

We incorporated the errata in our ongoing campaign and played Target of Opportunity (Rebel Saboteurs as reward) yesterday.

It seemed the side mission was created to abuse the Saboteurs' Pierce 2 ability, and the nerf considerably made it much harder for the Rebels to win the mission. I nearly lost, if it weren't for Saska Teft's device tokens.  

My group has the same thinking now. They are just not worth taking as a cheap green option anymore due to their missions becoming harder since you need their Pierce to get through anything.

We had a tournament this past Sunday and I won playing Rebels with two groups of Elite Sabs, they are still good even with Blast 1. We only had 5 people show up, and only 1 person was running an Imperial list and had only 1 Officer with the rest being a mix of Stormtroopers, Heavy Stormtroopers and Kayn. The errata to the Guards and Officers has been a welcomed change.

2 Rebel Lists

1 Mercenary

1 Mercenary/Rebel

1 Imperial