1. Wastes of Eriador vs. Flight to the Ford

2. Trouble in Tharbad vs. Seventh Level

3. Fog on the Barrow Downs vs. Massing at Osgiliath

4. Helms Deep vs. Encounter at Amon Dun

5. Foundations of Stone vs. Stewards Fear

6. Three Trials vs. Siege of Cair Andros

7. Journey in the Dark vs. Battle of 5 Armies

8. Druaden Forest vs. Journey Down the Anduin

Foundations of Stone vs. Stewards Fear was by far the toughest choice for me - both are excellent quests, and quite fun. Due to the uniqueness of starting apart from your fellow players, however, I chose Foundations of Stone. In solo, Stewards Fear would probably be better.

New Round!!

1. Wastes of Eriador vs. Flight to the Ford

2. Trouble in Tharbad vs. Seventh Level

3. Fog on the Barrow Downs vs. Massing at Osgiliath

4. Helms Deep vs. Encounter at Amon Dun

5. Foundations of Stone vs. Stewards Fear

6. Three Trials vs. Siege of Cair Andros

7. Journey in the Dark vs. Battle of 5 Armies

8. Druaden Forest vs. Journey Down the Anduin

I can only make comparisons for 5 and 8, and therefore will abstain from voting on the others.

5. Steward's Fear.

8. Journey Down the Anduin

New Round!

1. Wastes of Eriador vs. Journey Down the Anduin

2. Battle of 5 Armies vs. Massing at Osgiliath

3. Helms Deep vs. Foundations of Stone

4. Siege of Cair Andros vs. Seventh Level

1. Wastes of Eriador vs. Journey Down the Anduin - If I can block some of the 3/4-player games out of my memory, Wastes is an excellent quest.  Journey is classic, but too easy now and too dependent on starting threat.

2. Battle of 5 Armies vs. Massing at Osgiliath - Actually going to abstain on this one.  Only played massing once or twice, and I don't remember much about it.

3. Helms Deep vs. Foundations of Stone - I suspect the winner of this match will win the championship, and I'm really torn about it.  I think I'll vote Helm's Deep because it's the only quest of the two that doesn't have a shadow card that says "discard the defending character".

4. Siege of Cair Andros vs. Seventh Level - I never understood the appeal of Siege of Cair Andros.  Meanwhile I've played Seventh Level many times.

****, missed a round.

1. Wastes of Eriador - The most difficult decision of this round because neither is really a quest I'd consider top 8 material. Anduin's a classic, but Wastes has innovative new mechanics in it and presents a challenge without needing to resort to nightmare mode.

2. Massing at Osgiliath - I never entirely got the love some people have for Five Armies. It's certainly a very good quest, challenging, varied, and the best of the Hobbit quests without a question. But Massing is one of the best quests full stop

3. Foundations of Stone - Helm's Deep probably falls somewhere at the lower end of my top 10 quests, while Foundations of Stone is one of the first quests I think of when asked to pick favourites.

4. Siege of Cair Andros - Seventh Level is only really interesting in nightmare. And Cair Andros also gains a bunch of additional strategic interest when you switch to the nightmare version, so it still wins.

New Round!

1. Journey Down the Anduin

2. Massing at Osgiliath

3. -

4. Siege of Cair Andros

Will it be a siege finale I wonder?

1. Wastes of Eriador vs. Journey Down the Anduin - Anduin isn't challenging enough anymore and more or less forces a low starting threat.

2. Battle of 5 Armies vs. Massing at Osgiliath - Very close decision, but massing is just a little bit more dramatic.

3. Helms Deep vs. Foundations of Stone - Helms is such a cool quest: Thematic, brings a new mechanic, challenging without Frustration. Foundations is by no means bad, but what made it unique (the separation) simply isn't unique anymore. Foundations could really kill you too, if the wrong player got the wrong separate quest (in my opinion breaking of the Fellowship did a much better job with the separation mechanic).

4. Siege of Cair Andros vs. Seventh Level - Like Anduin 7th Level is too easy.

Really surprised so few Saga quests made it into the top 8 (espacially from the lotr Sagas), as I like these more than many "normal" quests.

Anyway it's interesting to see which boxes and cycles are still represented:

Core -> Journey down the Anduin

Khazad-Dum -> 7th Level

Dwarrowdelf-cycle -> ​Foundations of Stone

Heirs of Numenor -> Siege of Cair Andros

Angmar Awakend -> Wastes of Eriador

Hobbit Saga/On the doorstep -> Battle of the 5 armies​

Lotr Saga/ Treason of Saruman -> Helms Deep

PoD -> Massing at Osgilath

We see that there is no outstanding cycle or box, but voice of Isengard + cycle is the only "set" that didn't make it into the quarterfinal with a box OR cycle quest!

I've heard a lot of positive things about Helms Deep and seeing it go in the championship makes me put the Campagaign on my to-do list. I generally didn't like the saga box quests as I found the Hobbit having too many 'gimmicky quests' while Black Riders felt both too hamstringed by story limitations (enough with the Nazgul already!) yet also too far from the original story (soo much combat in a completely non-combat part of the book). I haven't looked at the quests after that. 

I'm surprised Wastes and Siege got as far as they did. Neither seemed very fan-favorite to me. I'm looking foreward to see who wins, but it's obvious that each contest is very close. No super fan-favorites here.

I've heard a lot of positive things about Helms Deep and seeing it go in the championship makes me put the Campagaign on my to-do list. I generally didn't like the saga box quests as I found the Hobbit having too many 'gimmicky quests' while Black Riders felt both too hamstringed by story limitations (enough with the Nazgul already!) yet also too far from the original story (soo much combat in a completely non-combat part of the book). I haven't looked at the quests after that.

Yeah, the Hobbit quests were mostly pretty gimmicky, and while I'm OK with the Black Riders quests, I would personally rate it as much weaker quest-wise than the two boxes which followed it (undecided thus far about Land of Shadow). Ring Goes South is solid if not super interesting, and then Journey in the Dark, Breaking of the Fellowship, The Uruk-Hai, Helm's Deep and Road to Isengard are all really interesting quests.