Sign in to follow this  
HolySorcerer

Interview about new FFG policy. Yes, they're jacking up online prices.

Interesting that so many of you are insecure enough to derail this thread.

I guess since you cannot actually convince a good portion of the x wing scene your right you need to act like children. 

Speaks volumes about all of you.

Have a taco, kid. You're not yourself when you're hungry.

Sweet, they're taking a cue from their lovers at games workshop!

Oh, are you done trolling the MTGS forums already? I'm sure there's plenty more griping about judge bans to be had.

Except they are not at all. Online stores will still have X wing at reduced cost. It just may be a dollar more, depending on what the online store decides to do. They could very well have the current discount too. Again, it's up to that store.

*ahem*

Which do you prefer, corn or flour tortillas?

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

Oh, are you done trolling the MTGS forums already? I'm sure there's plenty more griping about judge bans to be had.

Except they are not at all. Online stores will still have X wing at reduced cost. It just may be a dollar more, depending on what the online store decides to do. They could very well have the current discount too. Again, it's up to that store.

*ahem*

Enough.

It's all sludge.  All of it.  But it's delicious.

Isn't 'lamb gyro' redundant?

No,

I've had proper lamb gyros, and it's up there with Haggis as being the food of the gods.

Cheers

Baaa

whats the difference between a gyro and a doner?

Very little, other than country of origin. A gyro, as I know them, are pretty much Greek. Doner's are more Turkish. Shawarma are more Arabic/Middle Eastern.

But they're all delicious. There's a place in town here run by a woman from Afghanistan, and the food is awesome. And very good value. Almost under-priced in my opinion.

NOT LIKE WHAT THAT EVIL EMPIRE OF FFG/ASMODEE/SATAN IS DOING RIGHT NOW THOUGH!

There, is that more on topic?

Or does it need more Tzatziki sauce?

57179412.jpg

Edited by Slugrage

*ahem*

Enough.

It's all sludge.  All of it.  But it's delicious.

We're talking about the wrapper, good sir. Not the 'sludge.'

BTW, I cringe every time I see a certain someone using "your" when they really mean "you're". Really, it's enough to make me want to pull the ears off a Gundark anytime I see it.

It really undoes your argument when you're using the wrong word.

(see what I did there? examples!)

Edited by Slugrage

BTW, I cringe every time I see a certain someone using "your" when they really mean "you're". Really, it's enough to make me want to pull the ears off a Gundark anytime I see it.

It really undoes your argument when you're using the wrong word.

(see what I did there? examples!)

I've come to expect that from my simple American brethren, but the Brits really should know better. They invented the language, and there's a chap or two here who absolutely slaughter it. Poor form, lads. Poor form.

*ahem*

Awww that's so cute, he's following me around like a wee obedient pup.

Before: online 40% off, FLGS 10% off   After: online 20% off, FLGS 10% off

Does it suck personally for you if you only ever buy online? Yes. Is it a good change for the long term heath of the game? Yes.

When do these changes take effect?  I actually watch prices and when there is a sale a try to grab everything that I do not have. 

I wish Fantasy Flight would have made a little better incentive for us online shoppers than halving the discount right off the bat.

While I do understand the reasoning for this, I am still little bit concerned because it will cut down on my spending with online retailers then, Fantasy Flight in particular.

Not because a 20 percent difference is an arm and a leg more, but rather because I have other expenses and obligations that I have to consider.

I allot about $100 a month for gaming, for my birthday and The Holidays that budget goes to about $250.  Add another $500 for a gaming convention purchases.

So roughly that's $2,000 a year.  That's not a small amount considering all my other expenses.  I do my best to make it last.

Now that gaming budget includes a LOT of Fantasy Flight material.  At least 80 percent of that already is earmarked for FF.

I am completing Armada (with doubles or triples of models) and Imperial Assault,  I was a completionist for X Wing but now am a little more casual.

In my community I actively support the gaming hobby when I can, I am very active with a young boys outreach that takes underprivileged and at times troubled boys after school to do youth building programs, which includes games of X Wing (to teach cooperation, and ya know, cause its fun).  I purchase some of those ships for their use, and to share with each other.  I let Game Masters of other games use my apartment to run games for the kids when they have no place to do so.

Outside of that I pretty much strong armed and forced the New York gaming community to start doing an Imperial Assault night.

Now I currently work seven days a week.  And man I work hard.  I make a good living, and am humbled, conscious, and very thankful for that.  I have never been what you would call a penny pintcher but I am frugal enough to wait for sales from anything from clothes to furniture to my gaming hobby to when to cut HBO off because I've seen everything.

I am a longtime loyal Fantasy Flight customer (even if I wish they were a little more responsive on this boards) and make time to show appreciation by purchasing there multiple product lines and when I see them at Gencon a go all fanboy on them, then I go out of my way to buy them drinks throughout that week.

But I have other interests and obligations as well. 

Pathfinder, Second Edition DandD, video games, a young boys charity I actively support with time and resources, trying to go to non gaming conventions, a well made piece of chocolate all to myself,  a nice bottle of wine to share with now and then, taking expensive women to beautiful dinners, the very rare (but well deserved) vacations, saving up for house so a do not keep paying for a monthly New York apartment that burn $5,000 a month out of my wallet (that's not an exaggeration, my rent BEFORE cable and electric is $60K a year), and if I am lucky put a little away now and then for retirement so I can play all the games I want to my heart's content.

All the above, some whimsical, some very much needed, all have to be allocated for.  

The price raise means that I am losing about $300 to $400 of my buying power given the course of a year.  

Fantasy Flight already gets the majority of my gaming dollar,  I UNDERSTAND why they are doing this, I would just be appreciative if they would have made other incentives and options available to those of us who support them, a clear cut 40% discount dropped to 20% percent almost feels like a slap to the face.

Just my two Imperial Credits.

I could go for some Chinese food right now. I want some chow fun, But I've been sick in bed.

So what do people prefer: chow mein or chow fun?

Always more of a chow mein man but it has nothing on Tie (sorry had to be done) food.

Before: online 40% off, FLGS 10% off   After: online 20% off, FLGS 10% off

Does it suck personally for you if you only ever buy online? Yes. Is it a good change for the long term heath of the game? Yes.

When do these changes take effect?  I actually watch prices and when there is a sale a try to grab everything that I do not have. 

I wish Fantasy Flight would have made a little better incentive for us online shoppers than halving the discount right off the bat.

While I do understand the reasoning for this, I am still little bit concerned because it will cut down on my spending with online retailers then, Fantasy Flight in particular.

Not because a 20 percent difference is an arm and a leg more, but rather because I have other expenses and obligations that I have to consider.

I allot about $100 a month for gaming, for my birthday and The Holidays that budget goes to about $250.  Add another $500 for a gaming convention purchases.

So roughly that's $2,000 a year.  That's not a small amount considering all my other expenses.  I do my best to make it last.

Now that gaming budget includes a LOT of Fantasy Flight material.  At least 80 percent of that already is earmarked for FF.

I am completing Armada (with doubles or triples of models) and Imperial Assault,  I was a completionist for X Wing but now am a little more casual.

In my community I actively support the gaming hobby when I can, I am very active with a young boys outreach that takes underprivileged and at times troubled boys after school to do youth building programs, which includes games of X Wing (to teach cooperation, and ya know, cause its fun).  I purchase some of those ships for their use, and to share with each other.  I let Game Masters of other games use my apartment to run games for the kids when they have no place to do so.

Outside of that I pretty much strong armed and forced the New York gaming community to start doing an Imperial Assault night.

Now I currently work seven days a week.  And man I work hard.  I make a good living, and am humbled, conscious, and very thankful for that.  I have never been what you would call a penny pintcher but I am frugal enough to wait for sales from anything from clothes to furniture to my gaming hobby to when to cut HBO off because I've seen everything.

I am a longtime loyal Fantasy Flight customer (even if I wish they were a little more responsive on this boards) and make time to show appreciation by purchasing there multiple product lines and when I see them at Gencon a go all fanboy on them, then I go out of my way to buy them drinks throughout that week.

But I have other interests and obligations as well. 

Pathfinder, Second Edition DandD, video games, a young boys charity I actively support with time and resources, trying to go to non gaming conventions, a well made piece of chocolate all to myself,  a nice bottle of wine to share with now and then, taking expensive women to beautiful dinners, the very rare (but well deserved) vacations, saving up for house so a do not keep paying for a monthly New York apartment that burn $5,000 a month out of my wallet (that's not an exaggeration, my rent BEFORE cable and electric is $60K a year), and if I am lucky put a little away now and then for retirement so I can play all the games I want to my heart's content.

All the above, some whimsical, some very much needed, all have to be allocated for.  

The price raise means that I am losing about $300 to $400 of my buying power given the course of a year.  

Fantasy Flight already gets the majority of my gaming dollar,  I UNDERSTAND why they are doing this, I would just be appreciative if they would have made other incentives and options available to those of us who support them, a clear cut 40% discount dropped to 20% percent almost feels like a slap to the face.

Just my two Imperial Credits.

You do know that FFG isn't required to give you ANY discount, correct? Be thankful you still get the privilige of paying below MSRP.

Unfortunately, if this is true, I'm going to have to quit Xwing.

I just play with my friends, no lgs. I buy the majority of the pieces and let my friends use mine. I have been getting xwing, armada, and sometimes imperial assault when I have extra money. I'm not up to date on all the xwing releases right now, and if the prices raise I'm likely going to have to just focus on armada because thats what my group likes the most.

I just play with my friends, no lgs. I buy the majority of the pieces and let my friends use mine. I have been getting xwing, armada, and sometimes imperial assault when I have extra money. I'm not up to date on all the xwing releases right now, and if the prices raise I'm likely going to have to just focus on armada because thats what my group likes the most.

....small ships go for $15 MSRP, the current discount puts them at 9.99 each, the new discount would be 12.49.....you're really going to quit the game over $2.50 per ship?

An extra $1-$2 on small ships is going to be enough to cause you to quit completely?  Really?

Edit:  Ninja'd.  :ph34r:

Edited by Dr Zoidberg

An extra $1-$2 on small ships is going to be enough to cause you to quit completely?  Really?

Edit:  Ninja'd.  :ph34r:

Hivemind!