Sign in to follow this  
HolySorcerer

Interview about new FFG policy. Yes, they're jacking up online prices.

Breakfast is best utilized with a breakfast burrito, but tacos also work.

See,

I've never had a burrito either. 

Americans don't like it when I say this but, as a displaced Brit who has been here 15 years, most Mexican food is delicious tasting sludge and most of the excitement seems to come from how it is packaged.

If you want a crunchy shell that you have to eat delicately to get to the delicious sludge (or it cracks and explodes and goes all over your lap) then that's a taco.

But if you want your delicious sludge wrapped up in a bandage, that's a burrito.

As a taco snob, crunchy tacos enrage me. It's all about the soft corn tortillas.

See,

Americans don't like it when I say this but, as a displaced Brit who has been here 15 years, most Mexican food is delicious tasting sludge and most of the excitement seems to come from how it is packaged.

If you want a crunchy shell that you have to eat delicately to get to the delicious sludge (or it cracks and explodes and goes all over your lap) then that's a taco.

But if you want your delicious sludge wrapped up in a bandage, that's a burrito.

As a taco snob, crunchy tacos enrage me. It's all about the soft corn tortillas.

And, here we go.  As with all my conversations with Americans on this subject (and to be clear, I'm talking wife and inlaws, friends and colleagues, random strangers on bus's and people I play X-wing against) you are missing the point.

It's sludge, and there you are, arguing about the type or texture of shite to wrap the sludge in.  And yet it's pretty much this nation's national dish.

Man, I love living here.  It never gets old :)

Isn't 'lamb gyro' redundant?

No,

I've had proper lamb gyros, and it's up there with Haggis as being the food of the gods.

Cheers

Baaa

whats the difference between a gyro and a doner?

See,

And, here we go.  As with all my conversations with Americans on this subject (and to be clear, I'm talking wife and inlaws, friends and colleagues, random strangers on bus's and people I play X-wing against) you are missing the point.

It's sludge, and there you are, arguing about the type or texture of shite to wrap the sludge in.  And yet it's pretty much this nation's national dish.

Man, I love living here.  It never gets old :)

It adds its own unique flavor that adds to the whole. It's like saying pie crust doesn't matter and if you went that far, I would know that you've totally descended into madness.

Interesting that so many of you are insecure enough to derail this thread.

I guess since you cannot actually convince a good portion of the x wing scene your right you need to act like children. 

Speaks volumes about all of you.

This has struck a real chord in the gaming community.  Go to boardgamegeek and you will get a much better idea of how many people feel.

This site is of course a official FFG site and there are some on here who believe FFG could do no wrong.  Ever.  And then you just have trolls, like the 5-6 derailing this thread.

Your not going to silence people with your trolling.

This has struck a real chord in the gaming community.  Go to boardgamegeek and you will get a much better idea of how many people feel.

This site is of course a official FFG site and there are some on here who believe FFG could do no wrong.  Ever.  And then you just have trolls, like the 5-6 derailing this thread.

The conversation has run it's course. There's literally nothing more to say and any further discussion on the matter will just devolve into name-calling and ego-stroking, so let's let the thread die, eh?

Chucknuckle, on 03 Jan 2016 - 5:25 PM, said:

Tokyogriz, on 03 Jan 2016 - 5:17 PM, said:

The conversation has run it's course. There's literally nothing more to say and any further discussion on the matter will just devolve into name-calling and ego-stroking, so let's let the thread die, eh?

This issue is being discussed in person all over the country at the moment.  Podcasts, Youtube, etc you name it people who care about board gaming are discussing this.  That is what I am referring to as the issue not being silenced by the Trolls on this thread,

In this thread yes the trolls are attacking this thread to kill it.  Fan boys often cant stand their icon being blemished.   For me FFG is probably my favorite gaming company.  But I do not see them as being incapable of doing wrong.   This decision may be good for their yearly bonus checks, but they are wrong for consumers and us as fans.

Chucknuckle, on 03 Jan 2016 - 5:25 PM, said:

Tokyogriz, on 03 Jan 2016 - 5:17 PM, said:

This issue is being discussed in person all over the country at the moment.  Podcasts, Youtube, etc you name it people who care about board gaming are discussing this.  That is what I am referring to as the issue not being silenced by the Trolls on this thread,

In this thread yes the trolls are attacking this thread to kill it.  Fan boys often cant stand their icon being blemished.   For me FFG is probably my favorite gaming company.  But I do not see them as being incapable of doing wrong.   This decision may be good for their yearly bonus checks, but they are wrong for consumers and us as fans.

Look, you have said your piece, others have said theirs. it got to the point where people were just repeating themselves in a failing attempt to convince the other. 

I always avoid trying to be too aggressive on these forums as it's so rarely warranted but you have really lost the plot.

1. This thread hasn't been "derailed", it's just been done to death and there is little new to add (and, frankly, if there is it CERTAINLY isn't by you, you have made your opinion wildly clear (and no one cares))

2. Just because people ignore/disagree with you, doesn't make them trolls

3. You actually act like the biggest and most laughable fan-boy in the thread.  Many of us are saying "change, it sucks, but there it is" and you're stuck with "I MUST SPEND MY MONEY ON PLASTIC BUT NO ONE CAN TELL ME HOW OR WHERE, HAHA, YOU ALL SUCK AND I AM NOT BORDERLINE PSYCHOTIC AT ALL, AND TO STICK IT TO ASMODEE OR FFG OR SOMEONE I JUST SPENT ANOTHER $300 THAT'LL SHOW SOMEONE, ANYONE, SOMEONE I'M SERIOUS"

4. No one is trying to silence anything

5. You really are getting this all out of proportion

Take a breath, brother.  We get it.  You're upset.  But your rage changes nothing.  No need to keep telling us you're unhappy, we can just assume it going forwards.

Edited by Bojanglez