Sign in to follow this  
krechevskoy

When can we quit calling the threads spoilers, and start talking about the ships without reprisal?

Unless you have been frozen in Carbonite or oversleeping in the guts of a Tauntaun, there are no more spoilers, just procrastinators.    

This should be the official if you really are a fan, you should have seen the movie by now, or you have written off and you are going to see it later for whatever reason.  

Heck, the ISS has already had the movie beamed up and have seen it now.  (Scott Kelly's Twitter feed).

This spoiler talk is just Rebel terrorist rhetoric for repressing information to the galaxy people's free flow of information.  December 29th is Star Wars free flow of information liberation day. 

This should be the official if you really are a fan, you should have seen the movie by now, or you have written off and you are going to see it later for whatever reason.

So why exactly should only fans be able to not have a movie spoiled for them?

When can we quit calling the threads spoilers, and start talking about the ships without reprisal?

When Episode VIII comes out.

Edited by DarthEnderX

I'm still waiting for my local blockbuster to get the movie in so I can watch it. So please don't post what any of the ships look like or their names even though that won't hinder my viewing experience whatsoever. I haven't seen any trailers on YouTube for the movie cuz I also have dial up and my internet is too slow for that sort of thing. Hope you understand.

Am I the only one who avoided the Internet from 15th December until after I saw the movie?

Why?

Because I assumed those who enjoyed the movie would want to talk about what they loved. Anyone who hated the movie would be ranting about it. Others would want to debate it like the intellectuals they imagine themselves to be.

Who am I to rain on their parade!?

Don't want spoilers? Don't go near Star Wars websites, blogs, forums, podcasts, YouTube, Google +1 etc until you've seen it.

Simple.

Edited by Blue 1 TR

Am I the only one who avoided the Internet from 15th December until after I saw the movie?

Why?

Because I assumed those who enjoyed the movie would want to talk about what they loved. Anyone who hated the movie would be ranting about it. Others would want to debate it like the intellectuals they imagine themselves to be.

Don't want spoilers? Don't go near Star Wars websites, blogs, forums, podcasts, YouTube, Google +1 etc until you've seen it.

Simple.

Yes.  Yes you are.

Avoided the internet?  Come on.

Certainly not. But the fact that you needed to is ridiculous.

And NOTHING prevents ANYONE from doing that. Is it seriously too much to ask that people do it in the places where other people actually want to do that?

Simply put, if typing "Spoilers" before talking about something somehow ruins someone's desire to talk about it, they...are...an...***hole. Period.

Topic title is literally "Hey, when can I stop doing that 2 second common courtesy? Because it's killing me to do it so much I had to make a whole thread complaining about it."

Edited by DarthEnderX

Why?

Simple.

Yes.  Yes you are.

No joke.

Was very liberating. I didn't realize how much time I spent on the Internet until I ceased for six days. I gained about 24 hours free time!

Don't want spoilers?

Honestly, around here there's no reason to post spoilers expect in discussions that talk about the movies. I think it's completely reasonable for people to expect threads like that to be properly labeled in some way.

So if you don't want spoilers the only threads you should have to avoid are ones that are marked as having such.

Because again, the game X-Wing has nothing in it that would be a spoiler. The T-70, TIE/fo, the upgrades, the pilots, ect... There is nothing about any of them that could reasonably be considered a spoiler, and no discussion of them in regards to the game would involve plot points from the movie.

However, your LGS is going to be different. At a place like that when playing X-Wing there comes a point in which I think it's unreasonable to expect people not to mention plot points of the movie. At what point that becomes true isn't up to me, but at some point you can't expect people to not talk about something.

Why?

Simple.

Yes.  Yes you are.

No joke.

Was very liberating. I didn't realize how much time I spent on the Internet until I ceased for six days. I gained about 24 hours free time!

to play X-Wing?

Why?

Simple.

Yes. Yes you are.

Avoided the internet? Come on.

No joke.

to play X-Wing?
Watched NCIS Season 12 and NCIS LA Season 6. Ordered the DVDs to arrive in time for my Internet Abstinence. Time well spent. Edited by Blue 1 TR

There's nothing really to talk about regarding the movie and any spoilers for it, that involve X-Wing the game.

So there is no reason to post spoilers in any thread that isn't already discussing the movie.

Actually there are some spoilers.   Like why is there only red and blue squad, and why isn't there a black squadron for Poe Dameron.   Or mentioning BB-8 even as an Astromech is still a spoiler. 

And why are all the current First Order pilots unnamed, where old TIE fighters had named pilots. (Howlrunner, Backstabber, etc).

They are not BIG spoilers, but they are still spoilers in the overlap of the game.  

Three+ pages of discussion of this very topic, or something close enough to it, here.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/196919-so-how-long-do-we-have-to-be-careful-about-spoilers/

By the Forum standards, we need at least two more threads started sometime in the next day or two that want to discuss the same topic. Engage.

Edited by Slugrage

Like why is there only red and blue squad, and why isn't there a black squadron for Poe Dameron.

What exactly does any of that have to do with the plot of the movie? I mean we have Red squad for the T-65 and that's it.

Or mentioning BB-8 even as an Astromech is still a spoiler.

What BB-8 was is pretty clear from the earliest trailers, and again doesn't actually give anything away about the actual plot. Because the fact that he can let a ship do a barrel roll doesn't factor into the movie at all.

And why are all the current First Order pilots unnamed, where old TIE fighters had named pilots.

Which again actually says nothing about the movie. If anything the named pilots would be a larger spoiler then the unnamed ones.

None of the things you mention actually touch on the plot of the movie and can not IMO at least be reasonably considered spoilers.

Edited by VanorDM

It seems like The Force Awakens discussion threads should be properly labeled with "Spoiler" and started in the "Off-Topic" area. It's really not difficult to type "Spoiler" into your subject line as a courtesy to others who may have jobs, families, or circumstances that prevent them from seeing the film right after it comes out.

Edited by stackeffect

And why are all the current First Order pilots unnamed, where old TIE fighters had named pilots. (Howlrunner, Backstabber, etc).

None of the old TIE Fighter Pilots have names in the movies. The TIE Pilot actors aren't even listed in the credits on IMDB for A New Hope. For ROTJ a single actor lists TIE Pilot (uncredited) while there are like 2 dozen ewoks with actors credited.

You do realize that there are participants of these forums that do not live in the US?

You do realize that there are countries, some of which are extremely populous, within which the movie has not yet been released, and won't be until say ... oh ... let's pick January 9th for China which contains about 25% of all of the people that live on planet earth?

I realize that it must be an IMMENSE strain for you to type the word "SPOILER" in your subject line, or better yet, just post your comments which include spoilers in one of the FIFTY EFFING POSTS that already exist ...

You do realize that there are participants of these forums that do not live in the US?

You do realize that there are countries, some of which are extremely populous, within which the movie has not yet been released, and won't be until say ... oh ... let's pick January 9th for China which contains about 25% of all of the people that live on planet earth?

I realize that it must be an IMMENSE strain for you to type the word "SPOILER" in your subject line, or better yet, just post your comments which include spoilers in one of the FIFTY EFFING POSTS that already exist ...

This is an English forum, hosted by an (ex)American company, for a luxury product based off of an American movie.  Why should we worry about catering to the Chinese?

Granted, there really isn't much spoiler material that would matter to the X-Wing game, but we cannot cater to everyone on the planet.

Edited by HolySorcerer