Sign in to follow this  
Jamaican Lumberjack

Biggs covering some late game gems

I love playing Biggs. He has been my favorite pilot from the moment I opened the starter. I was running through a bunch of rebel list ideas that I could possibly use for store champs this year and came up with using Biggs as a way to get the current rebel late game hotness into the late game. Here it is:

Biggs Darklighter

-r4-d6

-Integrated Astromech

Miranda Doni

-Twin Laser Turret

-Tactician

Poe Dameron

-r5-p9

-Autothrusters

-Veteran Instincts

Basic idea is that Biggs keeps the two late game monsters alive through the initial engagements so they dont die before there is a small enough enemy force to not overcome the shield regen.

I'm not totally sold on biggs covering two aces, especially two with such a different dial. Usually you want aces to have their freedom to move as they need to and a lot of times they're gonna be separated from each other.

I'm not totally sold on biggs covering two aces, especially two with such a different dial. Usually you want aces to have their freedom to move as they need to and a lot of times they're gonna be separated from each other.

Biggs has almost the same dial as Poe. He has every maneuver Miranda has and more. The issue of boosting and slamming is nearly nonexistent because those are mainly used for arc dodging and Biggs makes that completely unnecessary. All of your actions can go into offense for the first rounds of shooting.

Marinda is not a jouster though

I don't like keeping my arc dodge ships in a predictable position.

Ya Biggs will protect her but there are ways around that.

Come at you from a different angle

Get her in arc /range but not Biggs

Ya he has the same dial as poe, but again once poe starts to boost away Biggs will no longer protect him.

High pilot skill aces would be tough to beat with this squad

For pt wise I have the same loadout on marinda and poe, but I get much more milage out of a stressbot ywing

Will probably live longer than Biggs.

I've seen a ywing die and my opponent still felt the effects from it 2-3 turns afterwards, won't get that with Biggs

High ps ace lists are scared of the ywing

Fel, Coran, poe, Han. Aggressors, none of them want to get double stress from the ywing

If they ignore that it's game over

Poe and marinda just fly away while the stressbot deals stress and then the other two go for the kill.

If they go for the ywing, it's pretty tanky and ive seen it live more than it should.

Again by the time it's dead it already did it's dmg and you still have two regen ships flying around that are hard to hit and your opponent still needs a few rounds to clear all that stress

Imo the stressbot ywing is a better form of Biggs.

He usually becomes top priority.

Edited by Krynn007