Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
emmjay

TOME Tourney Software

5 posts in this topic

Ok, so with the Store Championship season right around the corner, and FFG having its own software that they want players to use, how do we, as TO's get our hands on it to practice and make sure we know how it works in detail beforehand?

So TOME is actually available. Is it useful?

I tried it several times and can't find a button to end a tournament. I could do on- and ongoing pairings for new rounds. 

I used it during my Store Championship and started wrong (practiced a month before).  I also kept a copy on Cryodex.  Thank goodness.  I can not find a way to go back and do a correction.  Confirmed my thoughts on FFG handling the cheater.  I ended up rebuilding the whole tournament from scratch.  Horrible.

But it was nice to push out the different html pages to Chromecast.  We were in different levels so I put a HDMI monitor downstairs and could put the clock (or current results).  Saw a store do the same thing to their multiple TVs.  Leaderboard on one TV and matchups on another while clock when the rounds started.

The inability to go back to a previous rounds and make any corrections is an automatic failure for me.

I've never used it myself but it seems to have bugs. It did some funny things at GVC last year and at an SC I went to this year; kept me at the bottom of the table and tried to award me 3 consecutive byes which would have put me on 3-0 without playing a single game. Really very odd...