Sign in to follow this  
TechnoGolem

Not again!

Recently had a problem with my Imperial Raider and now I haven't even opened my Imperial Assault Carrier and I see a defect. The radar dish is lose in the package. I don't see any real damage to the radar dish or the ship and it looks like it would just fit loosely into it's spot like some of the parts for the Tantive IV. Still, I find myself hesitant to open it and think maybe I should just return it instead.

Has anyone else got one yet? Does this dish fit pretty loosely on your IAC?

It seems like a quick and easy fix with a spot of glue but I really shouldn't have to do that for a hunk of hollow plastic that costs $70.

Yeah, mine came like that too. Popped right out when I tapped it. Looks like the Glue Technician Level 1 was out of glue, and failed to report it to Wonderful Supervisor. He shall be scheduled for re-education no doubt.

But a quick spot of glue took care of everything. Simple oversight. They can just label the kits as DIY now, for the dedicated hobbyist.

Panic not.

This is exactly how mine came, and also the one on an unboxing video I saw.

I think it is meant to be like this and it really is no problem to clip back on, and it fits snugly enough to stay in place. Perhaps you leave it off if you don't use the Broadcast array or some such.

Go ahead and open the gorgeousness! If you are still not happy, then you will still be able to contact FFG.

Merry Xmas

"See - this is exactly why we don't want you to buy stuff online anymore...."

- FFG

:D

But a bit of glue will do the trick. Honestly though your radar dish coming of is just great flavour. First time your carrier shoots anything that's slightly to its right it's losing that dish anyway. I wish I could get my opponents in that good a firing arc.

Actually the local gaming stores in my area WILL NOT TAKE RETURN OF DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS.  This is another reason to buy online.

So So SOOOOO annoying to spend money on an item, take it home and find it physically defective then being told by the local store it not their problem.

Amazon is very good about returns.

Edited by Tokyogriz

Actually the local gaming stores in my area WILL NOT TAKE RETURN OF DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS.  This is another reason to buy online.

So So SOOOOO annoying to spend money on an item, take it home and find it physically defective then being told by the local store it not their problem.

Amazon is very good about returns.

I'd take a look at consumer law if I were you. I'm pretty sure that's illegal even in the United States.

Is that an American thing? Out right illegal to refuse to replace duff goods in the UK they fine you heavily.

Same here in Australia,  I work in the retail industry.  It is against the law to refuse to refund or replace. I would think that it would be the same in most countries around the world.  However as stated above a little glue will fix a minor production issue.

Our local suppliers here only got their Assault carriers yesterday (Christmas eve), and I didn't get in to pick mine up (was working late and they had closed for the holidays) so some of I will have to wait until they reopen after their Christmas break.  Those who got theirs for Christmas can let us know how they go in the field.

Merry Christmas to all, and all the best for the new year.  :)

Edited by Flamestalker

If the product is opened you should contact FFG for any missing or broken parts. They helped me out when my Starviper came without the little black pegs.

Stores should take it back if you have it unopened and missing the receipt. They should also take it back if it was broken in the package, perhaps too many people break stuff and return it claiming it came like that.

Currently in Montana USA.

Muse Comics here in Missoula will not replace items that are defective if they are opened.  Obviously you have to open items to find them defective.  Think the other 2 gaming stores in town have same policy.

Pretty sure as annoying as that policy is that they are within the framework of the law here in Montana.

I believe the Gozanti dish is meant to be removeable, it's designed that way. Same with the docking clamps. It allows you to remove the Broadcast Array from your Gozanti if you haven't equipped one. It's even got a rough armour design underneath.

Edited by Blue Five

Interesting.  MIne was mounted on the ship in the box.  I haven't tried to take it off of course, but now I'm curious.  Does it mount up the same way the docking clamps do?  Obviously keyed, or is it just a peg?

Interesting.  MIne was mounted on the ship in the box.  I haven't tried to take it off of course, but now I'm curious.  Does it mount up the same way the docking clamps do?  Obviously keyed, or is it just a peg?

Just a clip. Give it a wiggle!

Typically defective product is best addressed with the manufacture. It's not the stores fault.

Given many stores only deal with distributors the store likely does not have the connections necessary to get a product replaced. This is very different then big box stores that deal directly with manufacturers.

The local store should direct you to the publisher for returns on defective product.

Friend owns a lgs.

Distributors start giving shops a hard time about returning products. They don't consider it their problem and don't want shops returning things. Traditionally, customers contact manufacturers for product problems.

Amazon doesn't deal with distributors and is willing to take monetary loss in order to maintain customer satisfaction. Amazon tracks who makes frequent returns, though. They will close your account if you make, what they consider, too many of them.

Just a clip. Give it a wiggle!

That I did, and yup, pops right off and on.

Also...the Turrets rotate and detach!  They have the keyed setup like the docking clamps do.  Pretty slick!  

(It will be kind of cool to config the model to match the actual cards: no double laser turret, take 'em off!)

Edited by Kamicosmos

I'm with the others. I think this is a feature, not a flaw. It's better if under a little stress it can pop off, rather than under a bit more stress that it cracks. It helps for safekeeping.

Btw. I didn't know that the turret came off, or that the dish on the CR-90 came off either. I'll have to try that out.