Sign in to follow this  
TechnoGolem

Extremey disappointed.

I picked up an Imperial Raider a few weeks back. It's been sitting on a shelf unopened until today. I tried to put the rear stand in but the hole was too small so neither pegs fit in. Okay, fine. It can just sit loosely there. Since it goes into the ship it kind of stays in place. Then I try to attack the front peg. I barely apply any pressure and hear a snap. A side chunk of the hole broke off so now it can't even hold the peg. :angry: I paid nearly $100 for this and the QC is awful.

I had no problem with ANY of the other miniatures and I own at least one of everything that is currently out. Hell one of my friends had to return 2 of them because one side panel was broken off when he got it and the second one had one panel that was crooked. How did FF drop the ball on this one so badly?

I have an Imperial Assault Carrier being shipped to me but now I am seriously thinking about returning it until I see if it has as many QC issues as the Imperial Raider does.

...Then I try to attack the front peg...

I think that's your problem right there. :)  But in all seriousness, contact FFG support post haste, as mentioned above. They are great!

lol It's late and I'm tired but that is funny and a complete typo on my part. Glad you caught that.

Thanks for the advice guys. Tomorrow I'll look into contacting FFG about this.

I picked up an Imperial Raider a few weeks back. It's been sitting on a shelf unopened until today. I tried to put the rear stand in but the hole was too small so neither pegs fit in. Okay, fine. It can just sit loosely there. Since it goes into the ship it kind of stays in place. Then I try to attack the front peg. I barely apply any pressure and hear a snap. A side chunk of the hole broke off so now it can't even hold the peg. :angry: I paid nearly $100 for this and the QC is awful.

I had no problem with ANY of the other miniatures and I own at least one of everything that is currently out. Hell one of my friends had to return 2 of them because one side panel was broken off when he got it and the second one had one panel that was crooked. How did FF drop the ball on this one so badly?

I have an Imperial Assault Carrier being shipped to me but now I am seriously thinking about returning it until I see if it has as many QC issues as the Imperial Raider does.

You want to hear an ever worst case?

Exactly the same happened to me but after I contacted FFG they said they cant replace it because I am located in Japan and have licensing issues!!!!! WTF???

Just send me a peg in an envelop, I don't need the whole pig!!!

No I am stuck with a broken peg and they only solution I have is to use the longer extension pegs from large ships.

Edited by tsondaboy

I've seen a bunch of Raider's opened here without a single problem.  In any type of precision product like this, there are bound to be issues here and there, but FFG is great about making things right.

Exactly the same happened to me but after I contacted FFG they said they cant replace it because I am located in Japan and have licensing issues!!!!! WTF???

No I am stuck with a broken peg and they only solution I have is to use the longer extension pegs from large ships.

If they are going to play that BS game then do this.

Order from Amazon the ship that was defective.  Then switch the broken pieces and return the 2nd uneeded ship to amazon for full refund. 

I am not going to go through all that hassle just for a peg. I just wish they where a bit more flexible in this matter, since anyway the game was bought in US.

I ve had great experience with their customer support up to know, but this problem got me having second thoughts.

Interesting. The back support on my Raider is fairly loose but usable.

Has anyone had a problem with the socket on the K-Wing shearing off? My friend lost his trying to remove the flying peg after a game tonight and I had one shear last Wednesday during a game.

Has anyone had a problem with the socket on the K-Wing shearing off? My friend lost his trying to remove the flying peg after a game tonight and I had one shear last Wednesday during a game.

peg shearing tends to happen to everyone, on all kinds of ships. Core Set X-Wings, HWK-290s, TFA Core Set TIE/FOs, Z-95s. It happens with a lot of ships, and it's usually a matter of being too rough with them.

Yup, k-wing seems more sensitive than most. Mibe broke off after the first game, and the store owner (who is a huge k-wing fan) told me he had to glue his back at least 5 times alrady.

Yup, k-wing seems more sensitive than most. Mibe broke off after the first game, and the store owner (who is a huge k-wing fan) told me he had to glue his back at least 5 times alrady.

Had one snap off, and one is just fine. I think I will just magnetize my broken one and hopefully that will be the end of that issue.. 

If they are going to play that BS game then do this.

Order from Amazon the ship that was defective.  Then switch the broken pieces and return the 2nd uneeded ship to amazon for full refund.

So to fix the issue, just be an a--hole?

Look, i get it, amazon is a faceless corporation that only cares about profit. The point here is they will either repackage it likely or it will end in a landfill. Neither of those options are great. Also, karma.

Yeah, on day one. Just put a ball magnet and some steel rings on it and called it a day. If anything, it's an improvement.

sc22MMI.jpg

Yeah dude, whether it's a Raider or a Khirazxzx, you paid money for a quality good, and if it's broken or breaking when you buy it FFG owes you a replacement.  Thankfully they are pretty understanding and as long as you have pictures and a proof of purchase, they will help you out.