Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzywookie

Is there a ship you must play with always?

Not really, though I do have my favorite pilots.  Dace Bonearm, Bossk, Lt. Lorrir, Maarek Stele, Jek Porkins, "Dutch" Vander, Eaden Vrill, Turr Phennir... that sorta thing.

With that said, I'm always open to trying new lists and new pilots.  Is Soontir Fel supremely awesome?  Yes.  But if I stick just with him 100% of the time, I'm missing out on a lot of different fun abilities and strategies.

I have a near complete 100 point set of every ship in the game. I also don't really like flying Acewing lists, so I'm not one of those, "I'm playing Imperials, so what 65 point list am I flying with Soontir today?" or the equivalent Rebel Poe/Miranda player. You're talking to someone who has flown Outer Rim Smuggler(s) more than named Falcons, or Patrol Leaders more than named Decimators, or Alpha Squadrons more than Soontir.

Lately I've been flying the triple K-Wing, triple Tactician TLT list (AKA Danger Zone) and 3x Black Squadron & 3x Omega Squadron with 6x Crackshot list.

I suppose I could still name favorite pilots. Alpha Squadron, Tarn Mison, Gold Squadron, Warden Squadron, Black Squadron, Omega Squadron, Blue Squadron, Sigma Squadron. Biggs also.

Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer

Not every game, but Vader, Poe, Miranda, and Talonbane are often the first pilot I choose. Now that the T-70 is out Poe will likely see a drop in use as I try out Ello and Red Ace, but he's crazy so I suspect he'll be my go-to when I need a ship that can carry the game for me if I'm playing Rebels. I'm also very fond of Xizor, because the Virago with Advanced Sensors is like the mutant baby of an Interceptor and a B-Wing.

I mix it up very frequently although my main go-to staples are deathrain [the infinite puzzle], defenders and advanced for imps. Most lists include at least one of those.

Scum is the starviper and frequently a y-wing (wish it wasn't but my collection is lacking here). Everything else is up in the air. Can't wait to get my punishing one and mist hunter though!  

Rebs.. ya im guilty its nearly always poe although I almost always include at least one x wing whether wedge, luke, wes, porkins, etc. I look at poe as the necessary evil that allows 'lesser' ships a chance to strut their stuff.

Thats it. Not a huge fan of soontir simply because he's a little too good for my tastes. I prefer carnor + targetting computer.   

Edited by Carnor Rex

No. I let my kids pick first and then select something that seems like an appropriate match. The whole point is to see them having fun.

I'll be going to my first store tournament in January, taking my oldest along, and will pick something that balances fun for him to see and good. To me, it's just a game, though a very addictive one.

No. I let my kids pick first and then select something that seems like an appropriate match. The whole point is to see them having fun.

I'll be going to my first store tournament in January, taking my oldest along, and will pick something that balances fun for him to see and good. To me, it's just a game, though a very addictive one.

You fail at dading your supposed to beat them until they win once then never play again, haven't you seen the Simpson's?