Sign in to follow this  
Nitratas

Half big ship point value, MOV and a win

I do wish FFG would produce a new tournament doc making this more clear though... Store Champion season is not a good time to have something like this hanging out there.

I am sure they have but remember anything Star Wars related has to go to Lucasfilm for approval and then come back to FFG with approval so they can post it. It took weeks before the new movies started rolling out so I am sure it is a longer process now. 

I am sure they have but remember anything Star Wars related has to go to Lucasfilm for approval and then come back to FFG with approval so they can post it.

That's true of models and such, but they don't have to have rules approved by LFL.

I am sure they have but remember anything Star Wars related has to go to Lucasfilm for approval and then come back to FFG with approval so they can post it.

That's true of models and such, but they don't have to have rules approved by LFL.

Everything is approved by LFL including articles. I know from personal experience. 

Where do you write to to get information on this. The TO insists that an email reported on a forum may be fake and/or its not official or legal enough.

My reply comes directly from Alex Davy. Hard to get more official than that. Tell your TO to get on this forum. 

My reply comes directly from Alex Davy. Hard to get more official than that.

To play the devil's advocate... A email posted here may or may not actually come from Alex or Frank, it's not like we post a screen shot of the email with the proper routing info shown that proves it came from them.

Myself I tend to take it as a given it actually comes from them, but I could see why someone else might not. Especially if they aren't as familiar with FFG's rulings as some of us here are.

Even then I treat them as semi-official... I'll use them but it's possible that any email ruling we get will be reversed in the next FAQ.

My reply comes directly from Alex Davy. Hard to get more official than that.

To play the devil's advocate... A email posted here may or may not actually come from Alex or Frank, it's not like we post a screen shot of the email with the proper routing info shown that proves it came from them.

Myself I tend to take it as a given it actually comes from them, but I could see why someone else might not. Especially if they aren't as familiar with FFG's rulings as some of us here are.

Even then I treat them as semi-official... I'll use them but it's possible that any email ruling we get will be reversed in the next FAQ.

If that is what it takes I will screen shot my conversation and post it. But I think that is crazy and unnecessary. Why would anyone lie about that ? There is zero reason to. If this TO is so concerned he can do the same thing we all did and contact FFG and get his own reply. Exactly what I did as TO before my store championship on the 9th. 

But I think that is crazy and unnecessary.

I agree, and so would most people. But there have been people here who have claimed that they won't follow a ruling from an email because the email could be faked.

You're right of course, they can contact FFG themselves if they want.

To be fair in most cases that someone said they wouldn't accept the email answer, it was because they had been arguing on the side that lost.

But I think that is crazy and unnecessary.

I agree, and so would most people. But there have been people here who have claimed that they won't follow a ruling from an email because the email could be faked.

You're right of course, they can contact FFG themselves if they want.

To be fair in most cases that someone said they wouldn't accept the email answer, it was because they had been arguing on the side that lost.

And then there was the clown that wouldn't accept a quote from the FAQ, because that could be 'faked' as well. You just really want to have a game with that guy some time soon, don't you?

Sadly, there's some that will argue their point so vehemently, that they fail to see anything else, even when it's the correct answer from FFG, and what the majority have been trying to explain.