Sign in to follow this  
GrumpyMuffin

New Rules are Up!

Allowing a stressed ship to still pick a red maneuver then use maneuver modification upgrades/abilities to make it non-red is interesting. I can't say the situation has ever come up, even as an "I wish I could do this" deal. But now I can see the usefulness of being able to take a K-turn and spending Adrenaline Rush even while stressed.

Allowing a stressed ship to still pick a red maneuver then use maneuver modification upgrades/abilities to make it non-red is interesting. I can't say the situation has ever come up, even as an "I wish I could do this" deal. But now I can see the usefulness of being able to take a K-turn and spending Adrenaline Rush even while stressed.

I was under the impression that one could already do this. A friend of mine would play Dual Aggressors each with Adrenaline Rush and inertial dampeners, the mobility was hilarious.

The new guidelines for Swiss rounds and cuts really put an emphasis on MOV. I guess two years ago the FFG developers were sad that large base ships weren't competitive. I guess they changed their minds. regen small base will rule the meta!

Unless I missed it, still don't see anything on Integrated Astromech+R2-D6

Ya they don't seem to do release ready FAQs it seems. This desperately needs clarification though.

Still waiting on Leebo+Adv Sensors, even if the Conner net ruling clarified it. ;)

Ya they don't seem to do release ready FAQs it seems. This desperately needs clarification though.

Still waiting on Leebo+Adv Sensors, even if the Conner net ruling clarified it. ;)

My gut says that you also lose your EPT.  Which, considering me I'm more likely to actually be using R2-D6 than my opponent, so boo, but it sounds like that'd be the right call.

Still, if FFG wants to say that you keep the EPT I'm going to be the last person to complain about it.

It'd be nice to also have clarification on IA and R5-X3. I mean, I guess it's self-explanatory (how can you re-discard a discarded card?), just a little disappointing.

Interesting change to Crackshot as well.

EDIT: Misread the phase. Seems that the clarification to Crackshot actually does what was needed.

Edited by sgs

It'd be nice to also have clarification on IA and R5-X3. I mean, I guess it's self-explanatory (how can you re-discard a discarded card?), just a little disappointing.

Interesting change to Crackshot as well.

Presumably IA vs R5X3 is a non-issue; as you say, you can't re-discard a discarded card (unless you're Tomax Bren) so it seems fairly clear to me that IA is useless with R5X3.  Or perhaps more to the point, R5X3 is (now) a lot less useful on x-wings than on y-wings and e-wings which can't use IA.

IA/R2D6 is a much bigger and more in need of FAQ question.

Presumably IA vs R5X3 is a non-issue; as you say, you can't re-discard a discarded card (unless you're Tomax Bren) so it seems fairly clear to me that IA is useless with R5X3.  Or perhaps more to the point, R5X3 is (now) a lot less useful on x-wings than on y-wings and e-wings which can't use IA.

IA/R2D6 is a much bigger and more in need of FAQ question.

Oh, for sure. It was just a baseless hope for an errata. :)

Still trying to figure out how Boba was buffed...

I am thinking that previously the navigator crew card didn't allow Boba to change speed when he changed heading?  It isn't in red text, so ... I am not sure...

If you're stressed, you can still select a red maneuver, then resolve maneuver changing abilities before you turn your dial over to your opponent. Which means if you have Adrenaline Rush, you resolve that to make the resulting maneuver white and your opponent doesn't get to touch your dial. I think that's the buff.

Still trying to figure out how Boba was buffed...

I am thinking that previously the navigator crew card didn't allow Boba to change speed when he changed heading?  It isn't in red text, so ... I am not sure...

If you're stressed, you can still select a red maneuver, then resolve maneuver changing abilities before you turn your dial over to your opponent. Which means if you have Adrenaline Rush, you resolve that to make the resulting maneuver white and your opponent doesn't get to touch your dial. I think that's the buff.

That sounds more likely that what I said...