Sign in to follow this  
xanderf

No discussion of the Dec-21 FAQ and Tournament rules updates?

Am I interpreting the rules wrong or they changed again the large ship scoring?

Now it only effects the margin of victory calculation and not the total points destroyed when determining the winner.

Edited by tsondaboy

Now it only effects the margin of victory calculation and not the total points destroyed when determining the winner.

That's going to be a little odd. You'll have games where the loser gets better MoV then the winner.

That's going to be a little odd. You'll have games where the loser gets better MoV then the winner.

Which is how it should have been from the beginning IMO for large ships.

You still get to win but your MoV is lower.

I salute anyone who tried to argue using the Salvaged Astromech to fix a facedown Ship card. You're my kind of Scum.

I never argued for it, but I did feel the need to ask. I'm gratified that it was errata'd, not FAQ'd. Because the wording seemed lacking.

... okay so... 

what are the changes??

Crackshot got explicitly stated as occurring in the compare results step.

And Ten Numb finally gets the explicit treatment, "No, your cute little evade token doesn't cancel my crit!"

Those were my highlights.

Oh, and Keyan gets some unique rules explanation about card abilities resolving only once per timing window. That seems useful for precedent purposes.

I'm surprised that IG-88A doesn't recover a shield from destroying a ship at its same PS until after that ship has had an opportunity to attack. I would think that once the attack has completed, before another attack begins, the shield is recovered.

Totally agree. I can see them changing this one back. This should be a case where it gives the player the power to choose whether initiative is important or not. Instead, IG-88A gets taken down just a tiny notch, which he didn't need because he was never played until Worlds was on approach.

Edited by Parakitor

Was distracted by FFG and their overlords Asmodee declaring WAR on us their customers.

Quick glance didn't see any huge changes though... maybe I missed something?

Hyperbolie much?

Just hyberbolie a little.

The whole situation is a crock of ****.

Was distracted by FFG and their overlords Asmodee declaring WAR on us their customers.

Quick glance didn't see any huge changes though... maybe I missed something?

Hyperbolie much?

Just hyberbolie a little.

The whole situation is a crock of ****.

Maybe so, but businesses know who signs the pay checks. If this decision costs them enough money they will change course to a policy that makes them more money.

The policy might invariably be to raise prices.

Some people dislike reversing course on a decision they made because it makes the prior one look like a bad decision.

Some people prefer to double down and plow through the mud!

Hey just curious, I recently bought a Raider but would like to use the bases and stands for my decimator and future Lambda. Are those allowed in tournament play still? Couldn't find it in the FAQ.

I think you're probably ok.  Even if you're not, you can simply keep the other base and peg unassembled in your box to pull out.  

If this is true, that means I would have had a modified win instead of a loss last Saturday...this makes all the difference...

If this is true, that means I would have had a modified win instead of a loss last Saturday...this makes all the difference...

Yup you would win with a MoV of 100.