Sign in to follow this  
nickv2002

Skirmish Errata for December 2015

I guess it's to bad for players (like me) that don't live near a store that host a Imperial Assault tournament. I still play skirmish at home and I would like to put my hand on those cards too.

They'll be available on eBay for reasonable prices.

Normally I would not complain, but eBay has been a pain for Canadian customers since they implemented their international shipping program. The shipping cost is ridiculous. You are still right, it is a possibility.

Same response for me.

Thank you for contacting Fantasy Flight Games! We appreciate you taking the time to write us regarding the errata, concerning the cards found within the recent Imperial Assault FAQ. We appreciate the feedback and we to love hear the various viewpoints from all of our customers and fans.  We thank you for the support you have shown us to date and we love the fact that you are enjoying the creative work that we’ve made.  We wouldn’t be here without end users and players such as yourself.

While we understand where you are coming from, and keeping in line with current company standing and precedents, we currently have no plans at this point to provide full replacements of these cards in a stand alone product and/or replacement packs.

What we are planning on doing is providing these cards in our Organized Play products, such as, Tournament Kits and/or Store Champions.  Please do not worry about the availably of them within, as we plan on offering them as the more common card.  So, as the 2016 year unfolds, please head down to your local game store and request that they host and run our Organized Play events.  If they are in need of Tournament Kits, they can contact their distributor and order these products through them or contact us directly to acquire it.  If they run in to any issues, or have problems, please have them reach out to our sales team at Sales@FantasyFlightGames.com or they can contact us directly at CustomerService@FantasyFlightGames.com.  

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and appreciate your understanding and support. As always, please contact us directly if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

May the Force be with you.

And my store just told me they wouldn't order any more kits.

Awesome. Looks like I'm buying online from now on.
Edited by KennedyHawk

"...keeping in line with current company standing and precedents..."

Why not change current company standing and precedents?  We're willing to pay for these cards individually.  Lame. 

Oh well, I'd rather they make this change and tell us to pound sand on replacement cards than not make the change at all.

Edited by Boba Rick

I updated the first post of this thread with the information you all have heard back from FFG:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/196473-skirmish-errata-for-december-2015/?p=1949164

I also added a link to a PDF I made of the new cards released on 12/21 for you to print in the meantime (I had extra space so I threw in the Smuggler too).  It's sized to print on 8.5x11" paper at 100%

Edited by nickv2002

I updated the first post of this thread with the information you all have heard back from FFG:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/196473-skirmish-errata-for-december-2015/?p=1949164

I also added a link to a PDF I made of the new cards released on 12/21 for you to print in the meantime (I had extra space so I threw in the Smuggler too).  It's sized to print on 8.5x11" paper.

Nice!  I'll try out the smuggler before I get my three in the mail next year.  My smugglers will just look like Rodians, that's all.....

I also added a link to a PDF I made of the new cards released on 12/21 for you to print in the meantime (I had extra space so I threw in the Smuggler too).  It's sized to print on 8.5x11" paper.

Thanks for this!

I guess it's to bad for players (like me) that don't live near a store that host a Imperial Assault tournament. I still play skirmish at home and I would like to put my hand on those cards too.

I'm in the same situation. Imperial Assault didn't catch fire here. It's just me and one other dude playing regulary, and occationally I invite some friends over to play with my game.

Even though I'm not in the tournament scene I'd very much like to play the same game as the rest of the world.

Edited by DarthJalapeno

Another question: Why weren't the officers just given separate deployment cards for skirmish vs campaign like R2-D2 has?

I think I'd prefer that template for the cards if I was going to get/make physical versions.  The existing one can be the Campaign card and the new one with 2 movement points will be the skirmish one.

Agreed, that's a thing they should just start doing from now on for all deployment cards.

Another question: Why weren't the officers just given separate deployment cards for skirmish vs campaign like R2-D2 has?

I think I'd prefer that template for the cards if I was going to get/make physical versions.  The existing one can be the Campaign card and the new one with 2 movement points will be the skirmish one.

Agreed, that's a thing they should just start doing from now on for all deployment cards.

They should also talk to Paul Heaver about his spreadsheet so they won't have to do this errata thing again. 

Normally I would not complain, but eBay has been a pain for Canadian customers since they implemented their international shipping program. The shipping cost is ridiculous. You are still right, it is a possibility.

Whats the international shipping program? I noticed that shipping to Canada costs just about as much as shipping to Europe (which is daft), but going through paypal, etsy and usps the costs are high regardless.

Whats the international shipping program? I noticed that shipping to Canada costs just about as much as shipping to Europe (which is daft), but going through paypal, etsy and usps the costs are high regardless.

It's called the "Global Shipping Program". Sellers don't have to be part of it. To ship one card to my address, it would cost me 17.04 US$ (12.15$ Shipping & 4.89$ import charge). Sometimes there is no import charge. Cost from a seller that doesn't use the program for another card is 5.80 US$.

If I can find the new cards with a seller that doesn't use this program, cost will be fine.

Edited by Tiberium

They should also talk to Paul Heaver about his spreadsheet so they won't have to do this errata thing again.

I literally had the same thought today! Get that spreadsheet - hire Paul as an independent contractor!

If you're not playing in a tournament, what's the actual difference between a piece of paper from FFG and a piece of paper you print out and glue onto the old card? You can go to a print store like Kinkos to do high quality prints if you're that picky. Does FFG use some kind of secret magic ink that makes your figures come to life or something?

It's called the "Global Shipping Program". Sellers don't have to be part of it. To ship one card to my address, it would cost me 17.04 US$ (12.15$ Shipping & 4.89$ import charge). Sometimes there is no import charge. Cost from a seller that doesn't use the program for another card is 5.80 US$.

If I can find the new cards with a seller that doesn't use this program, cost will be fine.

I was wondering what the global shipping program did for me. Nothing apparently. I've never used it, and I almost always label anything international as a gift so no one has to pay VAT/GST/HST. I mean seriously... if I as a seller am allowed to select gift then... its must be a legal option. Now I'm for sure never going to use it, Ebay probably always enforces VAT. 

Not really related, but Amazon is a schemer too. You have to register in each country you want to sell, its not a global marketplace like EBAY, and.... I got delisted from the toy section because my sales sucked for a while, but now... pocket page sales are so crazy that I got an email saying I have to register my social security number or I'll get delisted entirely. I'm going to pay through the nose in income tax.. .... Death and Taxes... guaranteed.

Looks like I'm printing these cards myself, feels real janky. I don't play tournaments... poor solution FFG. Wish I could just buy them for 50cents a pop or whatever like I can with Privateer Press.

If you're not playing in a tournament, what's the actual difference between a piece of paper from FFG and a piece of paper you print out and glue onto the old card? You can go to a print store like Kinkos to do high quality prints if you're that picky. Does FFG use some kind of secret magic ink that makes your figures come to life or something?

Not everyone has equal access to printers or print shops. And I'd rather that FFG received my money.

Personally, I find FFG's solution of providing the cards as tournament support to be an incomplete measure.  It's fine for the folks who have access, but it seriously stinks to be left out in the proverbial cold for the rest of us.  And what happens to folks who (unknown to them) purchase old stock after everyone's forgotten about this revision?  An option to purchase replacement cards should be on the table.

And for those folks who have to resort to eBay...ouch.  That's just not cool.

There are a bunch of reasons someone might have. In campaign, deployment cards in the Imperial Player's hand are hidden information. If I'm using Royal Guards on printer paper, well, it's a dead giveaway that I have them or an Imperial Officer, and I dislike card sleeves. There's the matter of precedent: does FFG really want to get in the habit of saying "just print it out yourself?" There's the value of having the actual card in front of you when you're playing someone who doesn't keep up with the game on FFG's website, so you don't have to drag up a post about errata that will eventually be buried several pages deep on the product page.

P.S. There's no such thing as "magic ink" to make your figures come to life. You need a cupboard with a magic key; everybody knows that.

Edited by Leveton

Not everyone has equal access to printers or print shops. And I'd rather that FFG received my money.

Personally, I find FFG's solution of providing the cards as tournament support to be an incomplete measure.  It's fine for the folks who have access, but it seriously stinks to be left out in the proverbial cold for the rest of us.  And what happens to folks who (unknown to them) purchase old stock after everyone's forgotten about this revision?  An option to purchase replacement cards should be on the table.

And for those folks who have to resort to eBay...ouch.  That's just not cool.

I'm trying to rebuttle and reason with them. I'm happy there's a solution but bummed as my local store refuses to order kits for me (or in general).

Yup the global shipping program is total BS. To my address in Europe its always around 30$ which is ridiculous, cards, tokens, boxes, you name it - all at 30$ shipping. What i try to do is message the seller and try to arrange a non-programme shipping since it actually costs around two bucks to ship cards

I also added a link to a PDF I made of the new cards released on 12/21 for you to print in the meantime (I had extra space so I threw in the Smuggler too).  It's sized to print on 8.5x11" paper at 100%

This is great. However, any chance you could post it with multiple copies of the RG, IO, & Sabs, since that's we want anyway. This way we don't have to print so many copies to get what we would like or need. Thanks. 

This is great. However, any chance you could post it with multiple copies of the RG, IO, & Sabs, since that's we want anyway. This way we don't have to print so many copies to get what we would like or need. Thanks. 

I think I did it. Take a look here