Sign in to follow this  
nickv2002

Skirmish Errata for December 2015

As far as I can tell, these are not Skirmish Only Changes and affect the campaign as well.

The officer is unaffected, and while the sabateurs were probably pretty decent allies, it won't be a huge loss. The Royal Guard change however is really impactful as the royal guards were far and away some of the most efficient units you could spend threat on. I think it is a good change overall tho, and will bring them more in line with the new 8 cost cards coming in.

I also agree that a pod option should be made available. Errata's of this magnitude are somewhat unprecedented (from FFG anyway).

I guess the easy way for FFG to do this would to be to release Royal Guard and Imperial Officer packs, hopefully with 2 or more copies of each deployment card to replace the old ones. Plus it would allow people to buy more of these units aside from secondary markets or buying a second core set. The Rebels Saboteurs though...I don't seem them getting the corrected cards outside of the reprints.

No........... I don't want to cough up dozens of dollars for like 8 or 10 cards. I just want correct cards, not more figures.

I guess the easy way for FFG to do this would to be to release Royal Guard and Imperial Officer packs, hopefully with 2 or more copies of each deployment card to replace the old ones. Plus it would allow people to buy more of these units aside from secondary markets or buying a second core set. The Rebels Saboteurs though...I don't seem them getting the corrected cards outside of the reprints.

Including alternate art versions of the cards with updated wording as prize support seems like FFGs style. That for the saboteurs and then individual packs (with some new content, of course) for the 2 imps seems like it would cover it.

Welcome change really. I just hope this had proper playtesting so these units dont become totally obsolete

Allowing printouts for these seems like a good idea until they come up with something regarding this issue

Edited by Nitratas

We just play games for fun so I really haven't seen any abuse (we usually have low-count lists because we like using the popular characters).  On the other hand, I have absolutely no problems with any of these changes, although I was surprised Transdoshans did not see any changes.  

I would absolutely pay $3-$5 for a pack of updated cards, but not yet.  Wait a while for more errata and release it all at once.  In the meantime a PDF letting us print the new cards should be provided, and I'm pretty surprised it wasn't.  Maybe in the next tournament rules package it will be included?

That changes to the Royal Guard will also have huge impact on the campaign. It's a nerf to the imperial player, but a huge increase in variaty .

and of course +1 vote for new cards. 

Edited by Hatting

I don't understand FFG at all... Yea, NOW we will errata everything into the ground.

Well, award for the worst FAQ changes had to go to someone right?  On the plus side, the SWLCG guys look like gods of balance for once by comparison.

Get ready for the new meta! Featuring Luke Skywalker, the model that seems insanely under-costed now!

Having played in the top 16 at world's, I'm not entirely sure the officer change was necessary after some of the other changes they had gotten, (they actually were underperforming at times on some maps) but the other changes are probably for the best. And better safe than sorry I guess on the officers. There was more diversity than the 4/4 final would have you believe, but all the builds did still focus around one of these offenders for the most part. I've loved my sabs, but it's time to open this game up some. Some of the new stuff coming out looked playable even before this, but now it should get real interesting.

I don't understand FFG at all... Yea, NOW we will errata everything into the ground.

Well, award for the worst FAQ changes had to go to someone right?  On the plus side, the SWLCG guys look like gods of balance for once by comparison.

Get ready for the new meta! Featuring Luke Skywalker, the model that seems insanely under-costed now!

Luke was already the way to go, I just got a little too aggressive with him at a key moment in the top 8 lol.

Great stuff!!

FFG has in the past released errata'ed cards in future expansions (did so with Civilization and Twilight Imperium), but I wouldn't be opposed to having them mail out replacements either. :)

+1 for wanting new cards.

I am in two minds for paying for them though.

If they did a box expansion for each and included enough extra cards to replace those in the core set then maybe....although this doesn't help with the rebel sabs much

If they waited until the next big box release that will be at least 8 months right? tourneys and campaigns world wide will be awful due to the use of FAQ or home printed cards and people getting on their high horse about this that and the other.

this could all be solved by

A) having them in the hoth expansion box (i am hoping here as i don't have mine yet and nobody has posted up about it so i isn't true) 

B) putting them in the spring organised play kit as freebies along side entering/competition prizes (although that won't reach everyone who plays the game)

C) a one off booster pack for free

D) a one off booster pack for cost price

E) a one off booster pack for £25 and then rename themselves to Games Workshop

F) release it online in a FAQ and then go on to ignore its existence saying that the customer is wrong and then rename themselves Apple

I think it's a good change- royal guards in a big block protecting each other just seemed degenerate and while the top 16 of IA wasn't all 4x4 and rebel blast, almost all of them had elements of those two and the most public IA match out there was an awful 4x4 vs 4x4 slog.

While I'd like to get replacement cards, anyone complaining about using print-outs (sleeved if need be, as Tvboy suggests), whether in a friendly or tournament game, needs a slap.

They've provided the cards, right there. Print them out and have done with it.

Also: finally an end to all those arguments about whether RG and IOs were OP (obviously, they were, and FFG have now recognised it too). The 4/4 final should have embarrassed anyone still claiming they weren't anyway, and it's great to see FFG doing something about it - a real positive for the metagame and the community.

Privateer Press had a huge change of all stats and abilities back in MKI and made a complete new deck printed out that covered all 10 factions and sold them for a smal price, so easy to do.

For MKII they made a replacement deck again, to swap all your cards out with the new ones, and gave a set of replacement cards that all shops got, so if they had boxes with old cards, they could give out the new ones.

soon everybody will be whining about regenerating soldier fortresses...because blast was nerved...now 2 different OP lists will emerge and the whining/faq cycle will continue....

Edited by xarathornx

soon everybody will be whining about regenerating soldier fortresses...because blast was nerved...now 2 different OP lists will emerge and the whining/faq cycle will continue....

blast hasn't been nerved......they have just stopped one deployment card (elite red says) taking out (potentially) 3 deployment cards in one activation!

the rules for blast have stayed the same