Sign in to follow this  
Hobojebus

So episode seven ships or lack there of.

So episode seven really didn't have many ships:

T-70

Tie fo

Tie cog

Falcon

And rens shuttle

We've had two already I don't see them re-releasing the falcon just to add rey and rens shuttle never fought so is the only other movie ship going to be the cog?

Pretty slim pickings really certainly don't see us getting another wave out of it.

T-70

Tie fo

Tie cog

Falcon

And rens shuttle

We've had two already I don't see them re-releasing the falcon just to add rey and rens shuttle never fought so is the only other movie ship going to be the cog?

Pretty slim pickings really certainly don't see us getting another wave out of it.

Scum Falcon. Scum B-wing. Scum anything because they're frakin pirates and steal ships for fun...

Plus the Stormtrooper assault shuttle.

As I pointed out in another thread,there's not much difference in the number of ships between the original Star Wars and TFA:

Star Wars:

Two capital ships (Star Destroyer and Corvette)

A freighter (YT-1300)

An airspeeder (T-16, Luke's model)

Four fighters (X-wing, Y-wing, TIE, TIE-Advanced)

In TFA we get:

One capital ship (Star Destroyer look-alike)

Two freighters (YT-1300 and Han's giant thing)

Two shuttles (Kylo's and Leia's)

Stormtroooper assault craft

Three fighters (T-70, TIE/fo, TIE/sf)

... plus some repulsorlift craft that get blown up, and not counting the carcasses of ships littering Jakku.

Edited by Hawkstrike

T-70

Tie fo

Tie cog

Falcon

And rens shuttle

The Lambda Shuttle never fought in the movies either. 

T-70

Tie fo

Tie cog

Falcon

And rens shuttle

Scum Falcon. Scum B-wing. Scum anything because they're frakin pirates and steal ships for fun...

no

T-70

Tie fo

Tie cog

Falcon

And rens shuttle

No but it did in x-wing and tie fighter and I'm sure in other media.

T-70

Tie fo

Tie cog

Falcon

And rens shuttle

No but it did in x-wing and tie fighter and I'm sure in other media.

And the Upsilon Shuttle will likely fight in other media as well. 

It has prominent weapons, so clearly it can fight. 

T-70

Tie fo

Tie cog

Falcon

And rens shuttle

no

TakuyaEizumi.gif

Yes.

I think we might get more ships when the Rest of the Republic rallies to strike back and we see larger forces clash than only the Resistance and a limited part of the FO

Well, if the new trilogy hews to the pacing of the old, I doubt we get any real space combat in Ep VIII.

Also, the black X-wing is technically a T-85, I think.

Really?? This thread is the first I'm hearing of an even newer generation of X-wings. Are there any visual cues to distinguish the two?

It is what Poe flew while he was in the New Republic armed forces. The black X-wing might not be one he took from the NR, though. 

Spoiler- (Should have been in title of this thread)

"Resistance Transport" that Leia uses?

They have the Lego set out now, looks a tanky Bwing-ish beast. I think the cockpit and weapons array pivot for a mean firing arc.

I think we will see an extended version with more ships. Also there's new stuff being released like "Before the Awakening"; it mentions that the New Republic is using the T-85, so I'd say we will get another version of the X-wing soon.

Spoiler- (Should have been in title of this thread)

"Resistance Transport" that Leia uses?

They have the Lego set out now, looks a tanky Bwing-ish beast. I think the cockpit and weapons array pivot for a mean firing arc.

I think we will see an extended version with more ships. Also there's new stuff being released like "Before the Awakening"; it mentions that the New Republic is using the T-85, so I'd say we will get another version of the X-wing soon.

It's actually built from B-wing parts. 

No, it's not. It's just a T-70 painted black.

But T-85s are a thing, the New Republic flies them. And i suspect that given the events of the movie, we'll see the New Republic join the fight against the First Order. Meaning potentially a new model of X-Wing for us to get our hands on. But that likely won't be for a long time unless Disney really pushes the T-85.

Edited by Razgriz25thinf

I think we might get more ships when the Rest of the Republic rallies to strike back and we see larger forces clash than only the Resistance and a limited part of the FO

Well, if the new trilogy hews to the pacing of the old, I doubt we get any real space combat in Ep VIII.

Time for Ground combat then? That's actually why i prefer RotJ over Empire strikes back. Hoth was cool, but then the Deathstar assault was even better. Most people say Empire was the best Star Wars movie, but i think it lacked fighter duels... even if it is obviously a great movie.

In TFA we don't actually have space battles either. It's mostly atmospheric dogfights. Which is a very good decision since atmospheric air combat suits Star Wars flight model a lot better!

So i might need a new playmat for Atmospheric fighting... I found a reason to buy more geek-stuff again it seems XD

So is it confirmed that a T-85 exists with the Republic? If we consider what the T-70 can do that one must be rather in the E-Wings or Defenders Weightclass then...

Actually the T-70 is probably a decomissioned model - the T-85 is the standard ship in rep navy - a newer prototype is not out of the question. Just out of the question for the Resistance to get their hands on. Remember the Resistance is sorta like the Flying Tigers or Yankee Squadron.