Sign in to follow this  
ficklegreendice

quick PSA regarding Omega Leader's ability

Shield regen and adding/subtracting actual dice are not defined under "modifying dice"

So no, OL does goggles to her ability

He stops adding dice results, ala ATC or Evade tokens, and changing results, ala thrusters and Luke/poe and focus, and he stops rerolls ala predator and Target-lock

Edited by ficklegreendice

Here's a question.

Does Omega leader stop Miranda's pilot ability from working?

Well, is adding dice considered a modification that happens during the modify dice step?

Here's a question.

Does Omega leader stop Miranda's pilot ability from working?

Well, is adding dice considered a modification that happens during the modify dice step?

Whether something happens during a dice modification step is immaterial. Dice being added to a roll is not a modification. Dice results being added is.

For Clarity, the target locked ship only has the modification restrictions when attacking or defending against Omega Leader, right? so it's free to attack and be attacked by other ships with no restrictions, correct?

Necromancer etc sorry.

I might just be being blind but didn't see it in this thread: does Omega Leader stop Accuracy corrector?

He doesn't stop the canceling of dice but he does prevent them adding the two hit results.

Necromancer etc sorry.

I might just be being blind but didn't see it in this thread: does Omega Leader stop Accuracy corrector?

Canceling dice results is not a modification.

So...he doesn't stop the first half of Accuracy Corrector.

Adding 2 hit results, however, is a dice modification.

So he does stop the second half.

Yeah....i had the TLC blast me at range4 when i had a targetlock on him. That hurt, he rolled 3 crits and a hit and since he cant mod die, i had 3 crits to deal with.

I was still using the old deck at the time. Guess what i drew for the one crit that went through? No pilot ability :(

Necromancer etc sorry.

He doesn't stop the canceling of dice but he does prevent them adding the two hit results.
Dang son.

I love Omega Leader so much. He's such a little ****. Managed to wear Soontir Fel down one on one the other night. It was great.

So does this mean that if I have a Focus on The Falcon, that I cannot mod it. But the Pilot ability is irrelevant since it is re rolling correct? That is not considered modifying?

I assume if the above is correct that Evades are irrelevant as well. Since they add.

So does this mean that if I have a Focus on The Falcon, that I cannot mod it. But the Pilot ability is irrelevant since it is re rolling correct? That is not considered modifying?

Dice modifications are any of the following:

* Adding a die result to the dice you've already rolled (e.g. spending an Evade token, using Advanced Targeting Computer).

* Changing zero or more die results to a different face (e.g. spending a Focus token).

* Rerolling zero or more dice (e.g. Han Solo, spending a Target Lock).

They do not include:

* Cancelling any number of dice results (Bossk, Wampa, the first part of Accuracy Corrector, Crack Shot).

* Changing the number of dice in your pool before rolling (Jan Ors, Wedge Antilles, Opportunist).

Rules Reference, Page 13: "Modifying Dice"

Oh really modifying the pool doesnt count?

interesting....

i like running Kanan in the Ghost with EI + Lando and Sensor Jammer. Jammer obviously does nothing but i always assumed i couldnt spend one of my 3-4 focus (recon spec for 2 before i even lando at all) to nerf his initial attack. Good to know..muhahaha..because TIE fighters/fos REALLY hate that build