Sign in to follow this  
GreatMazinkaiser

Question regarding TFA pilots for those who are seeing the film repeatedly...

I suspect that when FFG was able to create the starter and expansions, not even Lucasfilm had released the names of the other characters, such as Temmin 'Snap' Wexley, Jess(ika) 'Tesler' Pava, etc.

Expect them in a forthcoming T-70 with orange and black paint.

Also, check the starwars.com databank. It may have the info you seek.

I suspect that when FFG was able to create the starter and expansions, not even Lucasfilm had released the names of the other characters, such as Temmin 'Snap' Wexley, Jess(ika) 'Tesler' Pava, etc.

Expect them in a forthcoming T-70 with orange and black paint.

Also, check the starwars.com databank. It may have the info you seek.

Haven't found anything yet... but having seen the movie I'm planning on redoing my custom "Boring Color Name" cards with Jessika as Blue Ace; Wexler would be a good fit for Red Ace but he's definitely Blue Squadron, so that's out.

Still feel they could've just made-up some actual callsigns like they did with the Phantom instead of giving us all these garbage generic names. 

Poe Dameron flies Black One (Black Leader) - he's the overall Wing Commander of the Resistance Squadrons.

Ello Asty, Jessika Pava (Blue 3) and Temmin Wrexley are Blue Squadron Pilots.

Nien Numb's squadron and call sign isn't known.

If the attack wing comprised of Poe with Red and Blue Squadrons at full strength, there would have been 25 T-70 X-Wings vs a Starkiller base's full complement of TIE/fos and TIE/sfs.

Ello Asty is the only new named pilot unveiled in the movie. Poe Dameron was announced as the one of the new characters in pre-promotional material and his parents have had some stories in the Marvel comics. Jessika Pava and Temmin Wrexley are both first featured in novels (which appeared around the time the TFA core set was released). Nien Numb appeared in RotJ and is a major supporting character in the Marvel Comics.

Sorry but wiki is wrong and using out of date information.

It is a T-85. Read Before the Awakening novel.

That was in a different squadron I see? Not Black Squadron? Not necessarily the same ship then.

The second time watching TFA I got the impression Poe was Black Leader but I could be completely wrong.

No wrong, but it makes me wonder what happened to the rest of Black squadron...

Edited by stabbald

Hantheman, on 21 Dec 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

Poe Dameron flies Black One (Black Leader) - he's the overall Wing Commander of the Resistance Squadrons.

Ello Asty, Jessika Pava (Blue 3) and Temmin Wrexley are Blue Squadron Pilots.

Nien Numb's squadron and call sign isn't known.

If the attack wing comprised of Poe with Red and Blue Squadrons at full strength, there would have been 25 T-70 X-Wings vs a Starkiller base's full complement of TIE/fos and TIE/sfs.

Ello Asty is the only new named pilot unveiled in the movie. Poe Dameron was announced as the one of the new characters in pre-promotional material and his parents have had some stories in the Marvel comics. Jessika Pava and Temmin Wrexley are both first featured in novels (which appeared around the time the TFA core set was released). Nien Numb appeared in RotJ and is a major supporting character in the Marvel Comics.

I thought Ello Asty was Red 6,

Poe calls for Red 2 and Red 6 to follow him, and the black guy and Ello Asty Respond

Also the black X-Wing is not a T-70 anyway. 

Yes, yes it is.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Black_One

I believe its been corrected to be up to date (The wiki originally posted the model you posted but reverted to the T-70 after a few hours) - the ships from Before the Awakening do not feature the in The Force Awakens as those were Republic not Resistance ships. 

I thought Ello Asty was Red 6,

Poe calls for Red 2 and Red 6 to follow him, and the black guy and Ello Asty Respond

Well would be nice to have an official confirmation on this!  :)

Edited by Hantheman

Yes, yes it is.

I believe its been corrected to be up to date (The wiki originally posted the model you posted but reverted to the T-70 after a few hours) - the ships from Before the Awakening do not feature the in The Force Awakens as those were Republic not Resistance ships. 

I'm pretty sure Poe brought the ship with him from the Republic. Maybe he just had his "new to me" one painted black. I'll have to re-read the relevant parts of the novel. 

Oh my gosh I only just realized when you posted this that Temmin "Snap" Wexley was the kid from Aftermath.  And now I'm a little disappointed there was no cameo for Mr. Bones...

Yes, yes it is.

I'm pretty sure Poe brought the ship with him from the Republic. Maybe he just had his "new to me" one painted black. I'll have to re-read the relevant parts of the novel. 

His old ship was Rapier One - the one in the movie is Black One. But I'm purely working from Wiki here - I could be wrong!

Hey its almost 30 years since Aftermath - "Snap" is fourty plus now! :)

Edited by Hantheman