Sign in to follow this  
GreatMazinkaiser

Epiphany on why Poe is PS 9 (not a huge one)

I'm gonna go with, FFG didn't actually SEE the movie ahead of time, they were just told Poe is the "ace pilot, he's pretty good" or something like that. Could be wrong, maybe they got some clips to work off of, but I doubt it.

EDIT: I doubt 3 ps 9 pilots each would be terrible, considering how many pilots are in the game, but yeah, they'd have to find another PS 9 for Empire and Scum

Edited by imprezagoatee

I'm gonna go with, FFG didn't actually SEE the movie ahead of time, they were just told Poe is the "ace pilot, he's pretty good" or something like that. Could be wrong, maybe they got some clips to work off of, but I doubt it.

Yeah, I suspect that's true. I can't imagine Disney would have been free with the screenings for 3rd party creatives.

Maarek Stele is only PS 7 and he was the greatest pilot ever, able to take out entire fleets with a single TIE fighter with no shields.

He was also a force user. And could survive having his TIE fighter crash into capital ships with only a cutscene to fully heal him!

Edited by Vulf

I... was actually thinking this in the theatre today. The thing is that while Wedge might have a higher PS, Poe has a way better pilot ability and fighter.

Poe is able to outfly Wedge in-game.

Poe has Boost and BB-8.

Wedge has +1 PS, meaning that Poe doesn't do so easily, but Poe still wins that fight.

Edited by DraconPyrothayan

Because Luke is PS 8.

Also, is PS 8 not ******* high enough for you? Can we have less Acewing please, thanks.

Luke should have been PS 7 at best.  Maybe with the ability "All friendly ships at range one treat all hits against them as crits."

Seriously, Luke was a mediocre pilot that got everyone near him, including his own gunners/astromechs, killed.

Poe wasn't so hot in that TIE/fo.

Maybe his black T-70 was cheating with the dice.

First time he flew one he managed its controls quite well. His gunner stopped shooting for 4 seconds and the missile got through, though.

This was gonna be my point. He JUST started flying the thing for the first time quote the movie, "I've always wanted to fly one of these."

Because Luke is PS 8.

Also, is PS 8 not ******* high enough for you? Can we have less Acewing please, thanks.

Luke should have been PS 7 at best.  Maybe with the ability "All friendly ships at range one treat all hits against them as crits."

Seriously, Luke was a mediocre pilot that got everyone near him, including his own gunners/astromechs, killed.

Luke's present ability is his "the force is strong with this one" moment in the trench run

I... was actually thinking this in the theatre today. The thing is that while Wedge might have a higher PS, Poe has a way better pilot ability and fighter.

Poe is able to outfly Wedge in-game.

Poe has Boost and BB-8.

Wedge has +1 PS, meaning that Poe doesn't do so easily, but Poe still wins that fight.

Wedge can also have boost and bb8 though.