ok? are you ok?

if you read until now i think you're ok

but i whanna be sure

so i'll keep the spoiler ward

for a little while

ok? you agree?

spoiler ward end in

Ok start again

in your opion: what's the Force Rating of canonical characthers?

In some place i found

Luke: FR 1 at Ep IV, FR 2 at Ep V (start), then?

Leia: FR 0

Vader: is not a NPC, is a story plot

Kanaan: FR 2 at season 1, maybe FR 3 at season 2

Ezra: FR1

Ahsoka: ?? i guess she has a big FR on rebels, however she got also a lot of specialization and skills

and

as for

(spoiler from Ep VII)

Kylo Ren?

Rey?

rey has to have fr1, at the end of the movie. 

Kylo Ren, I think your underestimating him and Luke, they feel quite powerful, 4's easily. 

Im hoping Fin pops up with FR1 some time next movie

I'd put Kylo at Force Rating 2, with a 3 being the absolute tops.  He doesn't do anything super-spectacular except at start of the film during that initial assault, and even that could be rolled into a narrative description more than a mechanical one.  Otherwise, everything he does can be accomplished with 2 dark side pips.

Rey is definitely Force Rating 1 for most of the film (though not aware of it, much as Luke wasn't aware prior to ANH), as she's a neophyte and obviously had trouble using the mind trick on that stormtrooper at first.

I think I would square Kylo Ren at a solid 3:

The bit in the beginning is a very narrative use of the Protect Force Power.

Or a clever description of Parry if we want to go that route.

I would at least put him on par of RotJ Luke at this point.

Ren has been wandering around with FS Exile for years and not realizing it. When she touches the saber the GM tells he shes got a bunch of XP, but she convinces him she wands to spend it in game.

Kylo inadvertently taucht Ren Sence and Influence, provably at FR 2 levels, and shes not afraid to burn destiny.

I believe that Kylo Ren needs to be, at the bare minimum Force Rating 3. Although I disagree with Kaosoe that he's using the Protect Force Power. Kylo Ren is actually using the "Bind" force power to a very high and liberal degree. He has such a degree of mastery with the skill that he's able to stop a Blaster Rifle Bolt in mid air. While binding Poe Dameron in place.

Effectively he has at least one or of the range upgrades, but the fact that he held that Blaster bolt in mid air for so long means that he has to also posses the Duration upgrade. We didn't really observe a lot of instances of him using a lot of other force powers though, except move.

Force rating 3 also puts Kylo Ren about on par with an Inquisitor, and I feel like he's maybe slightly better trained than the Inquisitors were.

I think Rey used "black points" for mind trick, and burned destiny point

some minutes later, a very important NPC (guess who? :D ) died 'cause of that... some GM are a ***** -_-

btw, that remind me that i don't fully understand "Force Influence" mechanics :P

Edited by kelpie

I'm gonna argue that Leia is at least force rating 1.  If you are force sensitive, you have at least FR 1 from the books.  Her receptiveness to Luke's call in Empire and her sensing the death of said important NPC says that she is force sensitive.  She has never trained any abilities (that we have seen) but she has the potential.

I'm gonna argue that Leia is at least force rating 1.  If you are force sensitive, you have at least FR 1 from the books.  Her receptiveness to Luke's call in Empire and her sensing the death of said important NPC says that she is force sensitive.  She has never trained any abilities (that we have seen) but she has the potential.

I guess these can be just a "roleplaying the vision" plot for GM and player, and opening for her the possibility to buy a Force Sensitive Emergent/Jedi Exile specialization. I mean, she does'nt have to spend 20+ point on a new spec just to "feel some disturbances"...

However, in a game where a GM give for free several upgrade to Force Influence to a new player just as she's tied inside a First Order prison, i guess he gave also a free FR for Leia :)

It's reasonable to assume Leia is FR 1.

Maybe she purchased one of the Force Sensitive trees for story purposes but decided not to delve too deeply into the spec unless it made sense for the story.

I think some people are possibly overestimating Kylo Ren (in general not particularly in this thread). He can't pull the information on the star chart out of (strong in the force but untrained) Rey's mind. Rey beats Kylo Ren when they both try to pull the lightsaber to themselves and after he is defeated Snoke tells Hux to bring Kylo Ren to him because it is time to complete his training. He doesn't seem to be quite as big of a bad some are making him out to be. I am going to watch again soon so maybe I will see something I missed before. I know everyone likes to assign extra badass points to Dark Force Users because they are so edgy etc but he seems far more fail than win. The blaster bolt thing was badass though.

I know people have a tendency to get overly sensitive when a fave character is criticised, I don't mean this in a mean way or disrespectfully, just how I see things.

Edited by Tylock

I think you're right, Tylock. It was stated that Kylo Ren's training was incomplete. His own battle with the dark and light were holding him back. Now that the source of that conflict is gone, Snoke can now finish his training. We'll likely see a far more badass Kylo Ren in Episode VIII.

Luke and Vader seem like 4 in Return of the Jedi.

The Emperor has got to be a 5 or 6.

I don't think a certain character in the new movie is Force sensitive, more like the will of the force used him to set things in motion.

FR isn't everything. There are diminishing returns. You hit 4 and you are made. Discipline and digging into power trees are also measures of power.

1. Luke is a 1 in ANH, a 1-2 in ESB, and a solid 3 in ROTJ. He also ramped way up on his light-saber spec between ESB and ROTJ.
  2. Vader is a solid 4 with some deep buys into a few force power trees.
  3. Kylo Ren is probably a solid 3 with some mid-range buys into few force power trees.
  4. Kanan is a 2-3.
  5. Ahsoka is a solid 3. She's ramped up on saber specs and dug deep into force leap, move, and bind.
  6. Rey is a 1, but won't be for long.
  7. Leia is a 1.
  8. Obi-Wan in the OT doesn't do anything that would require a high FR, but I'd give him a 4.
  9. Its natural to want Yoda and Palpy to be 5-6. I think both could also be built as 4's with high discipline and several force power trees maxed out. 

If you focus on the OT and ignore the power creep introduced by the prequels and clone wars, most experienced Jedi could be built with a FR 3. After all, they are mostly ninja leaping psychics with laser swords in the OT. Luke was, at the end of ROTJ, our definitive Jedi Knight. What had we seen him do on screen?

1. He'd used sense.
  2. He'd controlled pain and blood-loss.
  3. He'd done low-level TK.
  4. He'd used foresee very badly.
  5. He'd been hit and miss with mind trick.
  6. He'd deflected blaster bolts.
  7. He'd done some ninja super-leaping.

It was only after the comic-book superhero Jedi that came later that everyone started started denigrating Luke's abilities and saying "real Jedi" were better. Luke was the original bench-mark for Jedi when the OT ended. He will always be my Jedi Paragon.

I'd put most Jedi Knights at 3, Masters at 4, and special cases at 5+.

Edited by Vondy

On a scale of 1 - 3:

Vader and Sidious both 3's with varying trees maxed.

Luke RotJ: Solid 2 with ability to move up, still working on his trees

Kylo Ren: I'll put him around a 1.5 with a couple specializations he's exceptional at a couple of things but lacks a well rounded approach as demonstrated by Vader or Sidious. He's untrained and undisciplined.

Rey: I'd put her at a 1 and experimenting with force use.

Kanen: I'd put either a nearly topped 1 or very low 2. He never made it to knight, he's technically still a Padawan by rank.

Leia: Moderate 1, a couple force powers but nothing stellar here.

My two cents:

FR 1: Luke in ANH, Ahsoka in early TCW, child Anakin

FR 2: Luke in ESB, Ahsoka in second half of TCW, Obi Wan in TPM, Anakin in AotC

FR 3: Luke in RotJ, Ahsoka in Rebels, Obi Wan in AotC, Anakin in TCW, Qui Gon JIn, Mace Windu... plus most Jedi Knights really.

FR 4: Darth Vader

FR 5: Yoda

FR 6: Emperor Palpatine

The only reason I give the Emperor FR 6 is because he seems the kind of guy who has several Force Dice commited while still being able to kick your ass with Force Lightning.