Sign in to follow this  
JJFDVORAK

The Force Awakens Unofficial Poll thread. Maybe spoliers.

So I thought it would be cool over the next few days/weeks as we all see The Force Awakens, to start a poll thread to see how this community rates the new movie overall. Please do not post any spoilers in this thread. Just rate it on the following scale.

1 - It sucked! I hated it.

2 - It was bad, but not unwatchable.

3 - It was OK.

4 - It was good, and I really liked it.

5 - It was Awesome! I loved every minute!

I'll go first. I rate it a 3 on this scale.

I listed my reasons along with a few Spoilers on another thread.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/196157-the-force-awakens-your-reaction-spoilers/

So how do you rate it. Just a number 1-5(1 being worse 5 best) and why.

Edited for results:

Also for the final tally(I really just wanted the numbers for how the xwing community initially felt on opening weekend before the "Star Wars is awesome" sets in and the rose colored glasses are put on and the numbers are skewed), we as the Xwing community, rate Star Wars The Force Awakens as a solid 4.00 out of 5 with 102 votes counted. The votes ranged from 1-5 and are broken down below.

1 - 2 votes

1.5- 1 vote

2 - 2 votes

2.5 - 3 votes

3 - 16 votes

3.5 - 8 votes

3.6475 - 1 vote

3.75 - 1 vote

3.9 - 1 vote

4 - 26 votes

4.25 - 1 vote

4.5 - 14 votes

4.8 - 2 votes

4.9 - 1 vote

5 - 24 votes

So as you can see 66% rated it a 4 or higher, while 93% rated it a 3 or higher and only 7% rated it a 2 or lower. So I would say Star Wars The Force Awakens received a very positive response overall. Good job Disney/JJ! The future of Star Wars is looking bright indeed.

Edited by JJFDVORAK

3 - cool dialogs, cool visuals... But they don't explain the main thing for me : why it's a so evident rip off of episodes 4 and 6? That ruined it for me.

Fans wanted movies that were like the originals for 15 years.

Don't you dare start complaining it was too much like them.

I give it a solid 5/7.

No really though 4.8. I can't give it a perfect score because I do have a couple of beefs tbh, but it was a REALLY good, honest entry into the Star Wars franchise.

And also sh*ts all over SWTOR which just FILLS me with utter GLEE.

3: J.J. said it best himself. Leave them wanting more.

Did I enjoy it, yes.

Will I watch episode 9, yes.

Will I purchase tickets in adavnce, no.

Am I bashing it, no.

I was just anticipating an overwhelming emotional reaction I didnt get. Maybe I over hyped it in my mind.

And it did feel like 4,5 & 6 to me.

Allot of parrallels I could draw. Maybe its because I watch the originals often. Regaurdless, thats my take.

Edited by Croste

3. Hopefully with repeated viewings it'll get to a 4.

Did I enjoy it, yes.

Will I watch episode 9, yes.

Will I purchase tickets in adavnce, no.

Am I bashing it, no.

I was just anticipating an overwhelming emotional reaction I didnt get. Maybe I over hyped it in my mind.

Very nicely put.

Its the best STAR WARS since Empire Strikes Back. I enjoyed it a hell of a lot but it almost seemed J.J. got a bit too scared to mess with the "template".

Kylo Ren was great, you almost pity the character but you mostly end up hating him lol.

Also loved the Poe/Finn and Rey/Finn dialog was perfect.

Definitely better than the prequels

Got back to the essence of adventure and character driven narratives.

Didn't bog the movie down in needless politics and lore expansion

I'll be more definitive once the excitement wears off, and maybe I'm low balling the score to compensate for how exciting the experience was, but right now 4.

3. But I'm under the impression that is good all things considered. I a) had some stupid comment in a youtube video spoil the biggest surprise for me (scrolling down is just a habit I guess... Immediately regretted it), and b) the guy sitting next to me was being so over the top obnoxious it really ruined the experience. It wasn't like he was just cheering when everyone else did. He would say things like "oh I LOVE that he's met his match!" and "GOT 'EM!!" Loud enough for someone to hear 5 rows back. When no one else was making noise. And then he would ask his buddy 3 seats to his right about the spoilers he read... Ugh... I was very close to tapping him on the shoulder and telling him how inconsiderate he was being, but I was too chicken. :(

Like the gif on page 1 said. It was the same, but different, and yet still the same... but also different.
There is far more than enough mystery to ensure my ass in the seats at VIII.

But you know what pissed me off more than anything?

The lack of Star Fighter variation. There were only 2 fighters: T-70s and TIE F/Os.
And the lack of capital  ships. We see what? A single modified super-duper ISD?

Weighed in a little heavy with Star Wars OT tropes.

Could have used a little more background into what happened in between ROTJ and TFA - how the Resistance and Republic mesh - what has happened in the Republic etc.

Certain characters could have been fleshed out a little more, like Max Von Sydow's character for example, seemed a waste to have such a great actor and potentially interesting character killed off without any real feel for who he was and how he fitted in  - same goes for Maz Kanata (though I'm sure we haven't seen or heard the last of her) -  although leaving Rey's story untold keeps thing interesting, and I'm sure there will be some surprise revelations on Fin in later installments.

Pacing was a little breakneck - perhaps adding 15 mins or so to the running time, fleshing out the background and easing the pace a little would have made for a slightly more rounded film.

Overall though a solid effort and a really enjoyable film, and I'm definitely going to see it at least twice more on the big screen - Definitely a Star Wars movie - Not Empire - but that's fine, not quite a New Hope but up there with it.

Edited by Funkleton