Sign in to follow this  
Guest ColGeneralVatutin

Lol...really can I sell you another Tie Defender to go with the useless one you got.

the OP implies that ships are designed on purpose to be inferior, so they can sell you a 'fix' later.  In fact, he outright says the defender was designed to be inferior (it wasnt) and this new fix is still inferior.  (its not)

Play balancing isnt easy to do, espescially when there are production timelines to meet.  X-wing does a fairly good job.  Look at the recent changes made to Imperial Assault and you'll see what measures had to be taken to fix what became an essentially stagnant meta.  

Would anyone argue that Royal Guards (imperial assault) were designed to be inferior?  quite the opposite was the case it seems.  

I think you're missing an "e" in your name.  And I bet you end up footing the bill for a lot of broken windows too, don't you?  Pity, cause it's taking away from the money you could be spending on Raiders and Gozantis. :)

I think you're missing an "e" in your name.  And I bet you end up footing the bill for a lot of broken windows too, don't you?  Pity, cause it's taking away from the money you could be spending on Raiders and Gozantis. :)

Without the E, it sounds a bit like the name of a Star Destroyer......  or a Decepticon.

I think the decision to make the Imperial Veteran's pack is just way easier for NEW players. As in, players that get into the game some time after the expansion comes out. It just makes it so much easier for NEW players to increase their fleet.

I know it's a pain for us players who already have lots of each ship, but honestly, when we make purchases of ANYTHING, we take a risk that it will become obsolete at some point.

I think the decision to make the Imperial Veteran's pack is just way easier for NEW players. As in, players that get into the game some time after the expansion comes out. It just makes it so much easier for NEW players to increase their fleet.

I know it's a pain for us players who already have lots of each ship, but honestly, when we make purchases of ANYTHING, we take a risk that it will become obsolete at some point.

I've always believed strongly in FFG's policy of not including things you can't use with the ship. Imagine trying to explain to a new guy that just bought a TIE Defender that if he wants to put Maarek Stele in the cockpit and ion fools, he needs to buy a TIE Adv. Prototype and something with an ion cannon. This way he can instead get most (all?) of that and a second Defender, just as running two of them becomes something that people other than Hobojebus might do on a regular basis. Actually, I think even he prefers to run Brath or Vessery. 

Veterans will not fix the Defender enough for competitive play.

i-find-your-lack-of-faith-disturbing-2.j

**** these competitive minded people not loving these WONDERFUL STAR WARS TOYS!

:angry:

BOO%252520TOPIC%252520GOOD%252520POST.pn

Not-Sure-If-Trolling-Or-Just-Stupid_o_14

I was saying there's no reason to complain about it since it is not needed for competitive play, you can buy it just for fun. Someone just quoted a single sentence of mine.

I decided to use a meme, I don't know if the context is right, maybe I'm doing it wrong.

My big issue is the veteran pack will bring me up to seven defenders and that is not a number I can abide so I'll have to buy two packs.

I'm buying two. Two Crack Shots, four Gamma Vets, four of each Defender title, two each of sweet repaints to fill out both Bombers and Defenders, four shuttle titles, four LRS. This pack is solid gold.

@Biophysical: I assume you play Epic now and then, then?

I'm planning to get just the one pack, but I admit it tempts me to get a third Defender - a pair of x/7 PS1 Defenders will make a solid rock in almost any list, and I'm loathe to not have the cardboard chits handy to do so.

Edited by Reiver

My big issue is the veteran pack will bring me up to seven defenders and that is not a number I can abide so I'll have to buy two packs.

I'm buying two. Two Crack Shots, four Gamma Vets, four of each Defender title, two each of sweet repaints to fill out both Bombers and Defenders, four shuttle titles, four LRS. This pack is solid gold.

note those are titles for the Tie shuttle; not for the beloved lambda :P