Sign in to follow this  
Olethros

Star Wars Force Awakens Ships (Spoilers from the Movie)

somewhat related Kylo Wren crew: If equipped lose one focus token..lol All friendly ships at range one ALSO lose the ability to focus!!!

Actually, how about this?

"If you lose or spend a focus token, every ship at range one receives one stress token."

Basically, everybody gets stressed out. Absolutely everybody. This is a ship you do NOT want to be next to, ever.

He's on it.

Punning Pundit, on 18 Dec 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

Tsiegtiez, on 18 Dec 2015 - 05:52 AM, said:

Olethros, on 18 Dec 2015 - 05:43 AM, said:

So there is an official description of it in Starwars.com

"FIRST ORDER SPECIAL FORCES TIE FIGHTER

A two-seat strike fighter used by the First Order’s elite Special Forces pilots, the TIE/SF boasts weapons far more powerful than a standard TIE, combining laser cannons with a heavy turret and warhead launcher. Special Forces TIEs have hyperdrives, deflector shields and high-yield cells that provide additional power to onboard systems. These versatile attack ships are used for everything from reconnaissance to combat operations."

So....

....Sensors slot?

Would we rather a Turret upgrade slot or a straight up rear firing arc?

I'd love to see a 2 die front primary and 3 die rear "special" arc. With all the weapon upgrade slots only being firable from that special arc. That would make the ship _interesting_

EH... why the heck would it have a 2 front and a 3 rear arc?  2 front and 2 rear arc makes more sense.

I would propose that the YT-1300 comes out as a scum ship with scum pilots.  And some cards that fix generic rebel YT-1300.

Han did have the ship stolen and was in scum hands for some time.....

That is why i suggested the below post.

So... In the Force Awakens Millennium Falcon expansion how about these for pilots?

Scum

Ducain

Unkar Plutt

Pilot skill 3

- ability: When you reveal a manoeuvre you may execute a red "0" manoeuvre instead. (Because crappy midifications make the ship stall)

Resistance

Rey

Pilot skill 9

Crew

Finn

I would propose that the YT-1300 comes out as a scum ship with scum pilots.  And some cards that fix generic rebel YT-1300.

han was Scum pilot 90% of his life V_V

I can't help but believe that must already be in the works, if not in heavy discussion - a reprint with new radar dish (and compressor on the hyperdrive) along with Scum updates for the 1300, plus Han, Rey, Chewie, Finn (crew), maybe BB-8 too.

And maybe the space-octopus as crew?  Having had a few days to reflect, that was the exact scene it started going wrong for me.  Up until then I'd been along for the ride and loving it, but that scene felt so jarringly out of place in Star Wars.  Then again, going to see it again tomorrow at 10, might love it now that i have no preconceptions to be deflated :)

*****He was an Imperial pilot once as well.

*****He was an Imperial pilot once as well.

Small part of life.

He was rebel for not long, but it was his iconic appearance. 

But most of his life he was a wretched scum and villain.

A Heroes of the Resistance box might be better - with Poe's Black One and the TFA Mil. Falcon (slight repaint and dish resculpt) - throw in the few named resistance T-70 pilots who haven't got a card yet (Jessika Pava, Temmin Wrexley, Nien Numb) and Rey in Falcon and price it at US$49.95 or US$39.95 depending on how much other stuff they pack in there. 

I just watched for a second time paying close attention to the ships. My conclusions are these:

There really is two different Ties in this movies, and the red marking is not what differentiate them, a lot of the regular Ties had red painting in the front as well. There are only three special forces Ties in the whole movie. The one they stole, and the official guard of Kylo's shuttle composed of two of them (they appear in Takodama, the planet with Maz Kanata's bar). They have a turret/cannon in their "belly" and obvious bigger weapons in the front, they also have some antennas which should provide better awareness systems.

Nothing to say about the transport ships from the First Order and from the Resistance, they both carry big guns, and the Resistance one does have some similarities with a B-Wing.

I don't think i have anything to add to the T-70 besides a turret with a 360 degree shooting arc.

Last, for not least, is it really possible to see the vehicle from the First Gang that attacks Han Solo, and it is a really cool design, I wish they pick that one up for a next Scum ship.

I guess this is it. I'm reading the novelization, so maybe i will have some more fresh information about these ships soon.

Considering the First Order doesn't name its stormtroopers, i doubt they give names to their TIE pilots. Just numbers like Finn's FN-2187.

As to the the TIE/sf

I suspect, having seen the movie twice now, that it wil have:

Missile (with new mag-pulse warhead ordnance)

Crew

System

Tech

We might get a tech upgrade turret instead of a native turret, though not likely.

A Tech Slot turret would also allow you to represent the 'hot shot' weapon on Poe's (first) X-wing.

That way you can represent the 'Special Forces' TIE with a title - add one crew and one missile slot (and a mag-pulse ordnance card), and take the tech slot turret - which you therefore have to forgo the awesome comms relay if you want to take, and use your dial and out-of-arc firepower to keep out of people's arcs of fire.

A new Falcon would be good, if only to have a vehicle for Rey.

The Stormtrooper dropship is cool and all, but the problem is figuring out what role it can fill in-game, especially since you've got the Lambda and TIE shuttle - and, even if doing 'pure' first order, Ren's enormous bat-wing shuttle. It's a cool model and I wants it, but I'm not sure what for.