Sign in to follow this  
Stone37

Best 3 (or 4) X-wing List

personally, my Red vets need to redeem themselves after some stupid games where they shattered like glass. 

Yep. That's the meaning of "power creep" and "acewing"

You don't have a ton of tpkens?

6 HP total?

Shatters like glass

I wonder what would reaction to this post, if it were put onto forum during wave 1-2 be

speaking of XXX lists

with little twweaking my Rebel Cerberus list

**** spoiler doesn't work properly >:C

Wedge Antilles — X-Wing 29

Push the Limit 3

BB-8 2

Engine Upgrade 4

Ship Total: 38

Poe Dameron — T-70 X-Wing 31

Veteran Instincts 1

R5-P9 3

Autothrusters 2

Ship Total: 37

Blue Squadron Novice — T-70 X-Wing 24

Ship Total: 24

becomes a XXX
Wedge Antilles (29)
Push the Limit (3)
BB-8 (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Poe Dameron (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Blue Squadron Novice (24)

Total: 99

we get ourself a neat damager\blocker and Poe gets his autotrollers

Edited by Warpman

"Hobbie" Klivian (27) X-Wing (25), Targeting Astromech (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

Rookie Pilot (23) X-Wing (21), R2-D6 (1), Integrated Astromech (0), Crack Shot (1)

Rookie Pilot (23) X-Wing (21), BB-8 (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

Biggs Darklighter (27) X-Wing (25), R3-A2 (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

XXXX

Stress dealer, mini ordnance, k-turn of doom and a great blocker.

I don't think it'll win the worlds, but it's a wall of decent attacks that have a couple of answers to the inevitable aces, behind 2 greens and 24 health.

personally, my Red vets need to redeem themselves after some stupid games where they shattered like glass. 

Yep. That's the meaning of "power creep" and "acewing"

You don't have a ton of tpkens?

6 HP total?

Shatters like glass

I wonder what would reaction to this post, if it were put onto forum during wave 1-2 be

It would be agreement, because the 6 health 2 agility profile is roughly on par with the Blue Squadron Pilot

except the Blue Squadron Pilot is much cheaper

This would have been nasty if it weren't 101 points....

Poe Dameron [VI, AT, R5-P9]

Red Ace [R2-D2, AT, Comm Relay]

Biggs Darklighter [R4-D6, Integrated Astro]

Maybe just drop the AT on Red Ace and give him Integrated instead? Gives you enough to upgrade Biggs' droid to R3A2...

Poe Dameron [VI, AT, R5-P9]

Red Ace [R2-D2, Integrated Astro, Comm Relay]

Biggs Darklighter [R3-A2, Integrated Astro]

I won yesterday with the following:

Wedge: adrenaline rush,flechette torps,R5-P9, integrated astromech

luke : adrenaline rush,flechette torps, R2-D2, integrated astromech

garven dreis: r2-d6,deadeye ,flechette torps, integrated astromech

Was against a mini swarm with vader's advanced with stelth device and squad leader ,howlrunner with stealth device and swarm tactics, a black sq tie with draw their fire, and two academy pilots

Wedge and luke got a great first pass, stressing both academy pilots with the torps, so they could fly through them to attack howlrunner who was hiding at the back, without fear of the academies k-turning on their tails.

They took some hits but got their shields back up, especially by keeping garven near wedge and passing his focus on to him to use on his droid.

Howlrunner was down to one hull and abanoned the academy pilots to lurk near vader, and the academies where toast shortly after.

After that there was some serious tricky manouevring as the fight went into the asteroid field, but in the end I came on top, finishing the game with wedge with one hull and 2 shields, and luke on full shields and hull. Garven bit the dust after a lucky roll from the black squadron tie (aided by howlrunners re-roll and a focus )

Funny thing is, i made the list to test integrated astromech, but it didn't make a difference in the game. The flechette torps did great though, they are becoming my go-to torpedoes for my lists. They are cheaper then the other options and the stress they deal is usefull.They are also one of the torpedoes that really don't needan ammunition failsafe, as they deal stress when you don't do damage anyway.

My shop just got the T70s and T65s in( he didn't have the T65s) and I picked up one of both. Played a game and this is what I used.

Poe 31

BB8 2

Veteran Instincts 1

Ello 30

R5 astromech 2

Stay on target 1

Wedge 29

R7 T1 3

Determination 1

They all were using intergrated astromechs. My friend let me proxy 2 of them. He was running Vader Sointer and Whisper. The intergrated astromechs were great. It saved Ello one turn and my friend had to shoot at him again instead of at Poe or Wedge. Later Wedge was saved from two direct hits. I really hope we get more intergrated astromechs soon.

Poe

R5-P9

AT

Draw their fire

Luke

R2-D2

Shield

Draw their fire

Biggs

R4-D6

IA

Two defensive regeners that help keep biggs alive, also they can help each other mitigate damage after Biggs dies.

This list has been my go-to Rebel list for a while now and has proven quite strong against a variety of opponents. It requires somewhat careful formation flying until Biggs dies, but having Draw Their Fire and R5-P9 on Porkins makes the squad quite a bit more survivable and the massed firepower of four T-65s is nothing to sneeze at, no matter who you are.

Porkins' Revenge

Jek Porkins (26)

Draw Their Fire (1)

R5-P9 (3)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Biggs Darklighter (25)

R2 Astromech (1)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Rookie Pilot (21)

R2 Astromech (1)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Rookie Pilot (21)

R2 Astromech (1)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Edited by surfimp

T-70 is overcosted for sure.  Poe is its only redeeming quality atm much like Corran for the E-Wing.

But the integrated astromech is nice patch for the T-65.

One step forward, one step back... were does that leave us again?

This list has been my go-to Rebel list for a while now and has proven quite strong against a variety of opponents. It requires somewhat careful formation flying until Biggs dies, but having Draw Their Fire and R5-P9 on Porkins makes the squad quite a bit more survivable and the massed firepower of four T-65s is nothing to sneeze at, no matter who you are.

Porkins' Revenge

Jek Porkins (26)

Draw Their Fire (1)

R5-P9 (3)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Biggs Darklighter (25)

R2 Astromech (1)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Rookie Pilot (21)

R2 Astromech (1)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Rookie Pilot (21)

R2 Astromech (1)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Im going to try this out.  integrated astromech has breathed new life into the T-65.  Too bad FFG was shortsighted with the T-70.  Or maybe they intentionally underdesign ships so they can "Fix" them later in expansions we "Must" buy.

Hmm....................

T-70 is overcosted for sure.  Poe is its only redeeming quality atm much like Corran for the E-Wing.

leaves us wondering how the T-70 works with integrated, considering it can use it too

I've had good luck with this:

Wedge Antilles (38)

X-Wing (29), BB-8 (2), Push the Limit (3), Engine Upgrade (4)

Poe Dameron (37)

T-70 X-Wing (31), R5-P9 (3), Veteran Instincts (1), Autothrusters (2)

Tarn Mison (25)

X-Wing (23), R7 Astromech (2) (now: add Integrated Astromech)

and have been tempted to try this for the (mostly) theme:

Luke Skywalker (35)

X-Wing (28), R2-D2 (4), Predator (3), Integrated Astromech (0)

Wedge Antilles (38)

X-Wing (29), BB-8 (2), Push the Limit (3), Engine Upgrade (4)

Biggs Darklighter (26)

X-Wing (25), R4-D6 (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Still unable to reposition after your move, and until that's fixed for the aces this topic will keep popping up.

Still unable to reposition after your move, and until that's fixed for the aces this topic will keep popping up.

There are many T-70 pilots worth flying, not just Poe.  

Red Vet has an EPT that allows for a lot of interesting combos.  One player flew two Red Vets with Juke and Comm Relay.  His third ship was Guardian with TLT and Jan crew.  

Red Ace could also benefit from Comm Relay and would then be a bear to kill if R2-D2 was his astromech!

Ello Asty is a menace!  Ello is capable of doing what Defender pilots wished they could do; white K turn and then boost or barrel roll.  While Asty isn't doing a K, his white T-roll might be even better!

Hobojebus perfectly points out the problem of the T-65; it can't preposition after its dial movement.  This makes them very predictable and easy to avoid.  I too am hoping for a title fix for this issue.

One of the squads I'm considering is:

Poe Dameron (31)

Veteran Instincts (1)

R5-P9 (3)

Autothrusters (2)

Ello Asty (30)

Veteran Instincts (1)

R2-D2 (4)

Autothrusters (2)

Blue Squadron Novice (24)

R3-A2 (2)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Essentially a counter-ace list.  Haven't optimized it, but I enjoy flying squads comprised of the same ship so this is the T-70 squad I'm leaning towards.

I am thinking something similar with this:

Poe Dameron (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Ello Asty (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Red Squadron Veteran (26)
Wired (1)
R3-A2 (2)
Autothrusters (2)

Or you can drrop VI R2, on Asty and AT on Red Vet in order upgrade the generic R2 on Asty to R2D2.  I like AT on Red Vet to keep him around longer since he will likely be without actions and it synergizes well with wired, which allows rerolls of a focus on attack and defense. I also like Asty at PS 9 over 7.

"Hobbie" Klivian (27) X-Wing (25), Targeting Astromech (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

Rookie Pilot (23) X-Wing (21), R2-D6 (1), Integrated Astromech (0), Crack Shot (1)

Rookie Pilot (23) X-Wing (21), BB-8 (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

Biggs Darklighter (27) X-Wing (25), R3-A2 (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

XXXX

Stress dealer, mini ordnance, k-turn of doom and a great blocker.

I don't think it'll win the worlds, but it's a wall of decent attacks that have a couple of answers to the inevitable aces, behind 2 greens and 24 health.

Can't put R2-D6 on a rookie. Apparently a unique droid that costs a point to give an EPT on a ship with only 2 actions would have broken the world.

I'm running:

Wedge: PTL, BB8, IA

Wes: VI, R3A2, IA

Luke: LW, R2D2, IA

It's been doing surprisingly well, thinking of taking it to Store Tourney for fun. I could swap Luke for Poe w/ R5P9+IA though, but it loses some of it's flavor. 

Big concerns are TLT spam and HLCs.

Edited by AmPm

I wanna fly

Biggs w/ R2 + IA (26)

Tarn Mison w/ R7 + IA (25)

Hobbie w/ Targeting Astromech + IA (27)

Rookie Pilot w/ R2 +IA (22)

Comes out to 100 points, and I honestly can't wait to try out Hobbie's shenanigans w/ targeting astromech

Wes Wedge And Luke

98 points

Wes Janson/X-Wing (29) After you perform an attack, you may remove 1 focus, evade or blue target lock token from the defender.
R2 Astromech (1) Treat all 1- and 2-speed manoeuvres as green manoeuvres.
Veteran Instincts (1) Increase your pilot skill value by 2.
Integrated Astromech (0) When you are dealt a Damage card, you may discard 1 of your astromech.png Upgrade cards to discard that Damage card (without resolving its effect).

Wedge Antilles/X-Wing (29) When attacking, reduce the defender's agility value by 1 (to a minimum of 0)
R2 Astromech (1) Treat all 1- and 2-speed manoeuvres as green manoeuvres.
Opportunist (4) When attacking, if the defender does not have any focus or evade tokens, you may receive 1 stress token to roll 1 additional attack die. You cannot use this ability if you have any stress tokens.
Integrated Astromech (0) When you are dealt a Damage card, you may discard 1 of your astromech.png Upgrade cards to discard that Damage card (without resolving its effect).

Luke Skywalker/X-Wing (28) When defending, you may change 1 of your eye.png results to a evade.png result.
R2 Astromech (1)Treat all 1- and 2-speed manoeuvres as green manoeuvres.
Opportunist (4) When attacking, if the defender does not have any focus or evade tokens, you may receive 1 stress token to roll 1 additional attack die. You cannot use this ability if you have any stress tokens.

or:

Wes Luke and Garvin

Wes Janson/X-Wing (29) After you perform an attack, you may remove 1 focus, evade or blue target lock token from the defender.
R5-P9 (3) At the end of the Combat phase, you may spend 1 of your focus tokens to recover 1 shield (up to your shield value).
Veteran Instincts (1) Increase your pilot skill value by 2.

Luke Skywalker/X-Wing (28) When defending, you may change 1 of your eye.png results to a evade.png result.
R2-D2 (4) After executing a green manoeuvre, you may recover one shield (up to your shield value).

Garven Dreis/X-Wing (26) After spending a focus token, you may place that token on any other friendly ship at Range 1-2 (instead of discarding it).
R2-D6 (1) Your upgrade bar gains the talent.png upgrade icon. You cannot equip this upgrade if you already have the talent.png icon or your pilot skill is "2" or lower.

In both cases the plan is for Wes to shoot first and strip the target of tokens. Then the other two pilots use Opportunist to shoot at the same target. The first build is the more aggressive one with early shooters who all can take a target lock. (it is possible to change two of the R2´s for a Targeting Astromech). The second build is meant to stay alive a bit longer with Garven giving his focus token to Wes, so Wes can recover a shield or use it in defense.

The free addition of integrated astromech only makes it better!

I've flown this with great success so far. The durability is unexpected.

Poe

R5-P9

VI

Auto Thrusters

Red Ace

R2-D2

Comm Relay

Integrated Astro

Tarn Mison

R7

Integrated astro

Then a flechette torp on someone or put autothrusters on Red Ace instead of IA 

Wedge with PTL, BB-8, and EU becomes quite the repositioning monster (compared to your average X-Wing).  I've had some good success with him.  As long as you end the round unstressed and in a position to utilise BB-8's ability, the three action economy for the next turn can give you quite an edge.

Edited by Dr Zoidberg

Red Squadron Veteran (26)
Wired (1)
R3-A2 (2)
Autothrusters (2)

I love the idea of wired on this Red Vet.  You really get the most out of R3-A2 that way!

Thanks I am planning on trying this combo next weekend.  I'll let you know how it goes.