Sign in to follow this  
ThatRobHuman

Neat Fan Designs for future homebrew models?

Wtf is the superdome doing on that things starboard side?

That's where they play Space Football.

Look, man, it's not my fault that the Hiigaran Battlecruiser would make a bad-ass rebel ship, too.

Spent some time thinking about this yesterday - Homeworld ships (for the most part) don't have shields and rely on mass drivers as a main part of their weapons systems (which aren't terribly effective against SW shields).  So it'd look great and then die.

Look, man, it's not my fault that the Hiigaran Battlecruiser would make a bad-ass rebel ship, too.

Spent some time thinking about this yesterday - Homeworld ships (for the most part) don't have shields and rely on mass drivers as a main part of their weapons systems (which aren't terribly effective against SW shields).  So it'd look great and then die.

*sigh* I will rephrase:

It's not my fault that the aesthetic of the Hiigaran Battlecruiser would fit in well with the aesthetic of the Rebel Fleet.

There is an unwritten rule that Imperial ships need to be symmetrical, which that model breaches.

The Resurgent-class Star Destroyer Finalizer also breaches that rule, with its asymmetric tower. And Fractal's Vigil-class corvette has asymmetrically-positioned dishes. I could see other asymmetric Imperial vessels existing - though maybe not that asymmetric - little asymmetries rather than big ones.

There is an unwritten rule that Imperial ships need to be symmetrical, which that model breaches.

I have never seen or heard of this rule. I think if a cool design comes along we can wave away that rule, because I'd like a Resurgence class Star Destroyer.

They don't have shields at all (unless you bring Cataclysm into this), except for DFGs which are really, technically, micro-lasers that shoot bullets out of space. I don't think you can deflect a laser bolt with a laser bolt...

But if you were to port Homeworld into Armada, you would need a new system. Shields could be there as armor but there are no redirects maybe? You could make up with it though by giving Homeworld ships burn-through weapons, since I don't think many SW weapons fire intense beams of energy that hold for a few seconds. Only thing I can think of that is, is the superlaser when firing at a planet.

We are however getting off topic. So I'll share Fractalsponge's Secutor.

62.jpg