Sign in to follow this  
Engine25

The Officially Unofficial Force Awakens SPOILER and Discussion Thread. You've Been Warned

I for one don't much care about spoilers, but most people do. Therefore, as the movie is now out in the wild, I'd like to create this thread so those who can see the movie can discuss it. I'll be seeing the movie Friday evening, but for those of you overseas who have been lucky enough to catch it already, feel free to post in the thread instead of splashing them on thread titles. Thanks guys.

Edited by Engine25

Shouldn't this be in Off Topic?

Probably yes, but you know that seventeen other threads will pop up all with spoilers in their titles, so the existence of this thread is probably more public service announcement than anything. It wouldn't help prevent the spread of spoilers if it were in OT, since no one goes there. 

I have seen the movie and won't discuss it, other than to say, don't expect a glut of Force Awakens X-wing ships.  Maybe some pilots though.     

Edited by ID X T

Probably yes, but you know that seventeen other threads will pop up all with spoilers in their titles, so the existence of this thread is probably more public service announcement than anything. It wouldn't help prevent the spread of spoilers if it were in OT, since no one goes there. 

I have seen the movie and won't discuss it, other than to say, don't expect a glut of Force Awakens X-wing ships.  Maybe some pilots though.

Disappointing, but not surprising. I did recently see a bunch of interesting concept art, so I was hopeful.

We've still got plenty of EU ships to go through, so that's fine. Well, at least for Scum/Imps...

Eh....since this is named the 'spoilers' thread...why not?

I suppose I'll throw another SPOILER WARNING here, but...

From what we've seen in previews, candidates include:

- Female X-Wing pilot (unnamed so far)

- Kylo Ren's command shuttle (IMHO, *way* too ungainly...and ugly...to be in the game, but ostensibly the right scale, so...*sigh*...)

- The First Order troop ships (seem about Falcon-sized?)

- ?New pilots for the Falcon, or are Han Solo and Chewie really the only ones who fly it?

- New crew upgrades (duh - Finn, Rey, BB-8, Phasma, etc)

What else?  At least one big question that I haven't really seen anything teased on - anything for Scum in this release?  (If my understanding of how Han Solo and Chewie are introduced is accurate, sounds like they have fallen out with the Republic/Resistance a bit, and might make for Scum pilots of the Falcon?  Or no?)

- ?New pilots for the Falcon, or are Han Solo and Chewie really the only ones who fly it?

What else?  At least one big question that I haven't really seen anything teased on - anything for Scum in this release?  (If my understanding of how Han Solo and Chewie are introduced is accurate, sounds like they have fallen out with the Republic/Resistance a bit, and might make for Scum pilots of the Falcon?  Or no?)

Rey's in the cockpit plenty in previews. On the crew note, we've also seen Finn in the gunner's seat.

There is that Lego-B-Wing-type-shuttle. I believe it was seen from the back in a still.

There's also the possibility of Han's bulk freighter that's in the visual dictionary (not sure if its actually in the film or not). It would be a huge ship, likely for scum, and probably more like the transport than the other ships.

Every ship in the movie was essentially revealed in some format, micro machines, lego, X-wing.  The missing one is the Lego B-wing ish thing which is a transport and nothing like a B-wing (there is only 1).  

There are no secret surprises.  

My comment about not wanting to talk about the movie is because I just don't want to talk about the movie. I'm still grokking it and don't want to ruin others enjoyment of it.  There are plenty of story spoilers out there if you are into that.      

Saw it at midnight last night.

Great stuff, if a little on the nose with how closely it mirrors the original trilogy sometimes.

I'd be very, very surprised if we didn't get a Rey pilot for the Falcon, and a Finn gunner card.

Also there's a sequence that looked to me like Poe should well and truly be a PS9.

All in all, a solid 8/10 movie. Not a perfect movie sure, but did more than enough for me to leave with a grin on my face knowing Star Wars is back, and in some very capable hands.