Sign in to follow this  
Vykk Draygo

Return to Hoth and associated expansions now shipping

Scout's Guidance:

• 2 strain: Use during your activation to place 1 recon token on another friendly figure.

Coordinated Attack:

• 2 strain: Exhaust this card when an attack targeting a figure with a recon token is declared to add one die of your choice to the attack pool.

Pro Strategy: Give Gaarkhan a recon token and exhaust Coordinated Attack when the imperial player declares an attack on him to make sure he gets focused! 

Upon closer look of Loku, I think he will actually be quite powerful. None of his skills are particularly flashy individually but added all together I think he will be strong. With a mix of long range dps and support. Coordinated Assault is garbage, but everything else is quite good.

He also has tremendous versatility when it comes to weapons. You can equip him with a long range weapon and shoot from across the map, or equip a powerful short range weapon and his ability makes it a medium range.

Upon closer look of Loku, I think he will actually be quite powerful. None of his skills are particularly flashy individually but added all together I think he will be strong. With a mix of long range dps and support. Coordinated Assault is garbage, but everything else is quite good.

He also has tremendous versatility when it comes to weapons. You can equip him with a long range weapon and shoot from across the map, or equip a powerful short range weapon and his ability makes it a medium range.

More the short range weapon with his ability. Most if not all maps are very labirinth like so not many chances to use a long range weapon...

What is it with all the new cards spending threat to activate? Is having too much threat a thing? I'm always trying to get my pieces back on the table...

Honestly I think its just kinda Precision Training....the deck focus on manipulating the dice and therefore doing more damage so it forces you to make a decision between more troops or more bang for the current ones.  I think its an interesting balance mechanism.  

More the short range weapon with his ability. Most if not all maps are very labirinth like so not many chances to use a long range weapon...

That's true for the base campaign, which is very indoor heavy. It is possible 5hat the Hoth campaign has more outdoor areas and is more open. We will have to see. Although, so long as figures don't block Los, there will still be many opportunities for long range shots. Edited by Deadwolf

What we need is another tier 3 melee weapon. Period.

Ryyk Blade

Blade

S: +1 damage, bleed

S: Pierce 2

SSS: Make another attack with this weapon, limit once per round.

1200 credits, GGY, No mod slot

Done

Edited by Norgrath

Valken looks lige a beast, but a shame she requires a ranged weapon too :/ Too many ranged characters.  

The droid looks pretty cool and has some sweet tanking abilities. I guess you can null an attack targeting a friendly figure by moving infron of it? 

The new supply items are also pretty good. Too much of the original supply is kinda bleh. 

Armored onslaught looks like a pretty fun class that allows for some different units being used. 

The droid looks pretty cool and has some sweet tanking abilities. I guess you can null an attack targeting a friendly figure by moving infron of it? 

It's when it resolves (which I don't think they've done as a timing option before...), not when it's declared, so I don't think it'll work like that.

Valken looks lige a beast, but a shame she requires a ranged weapon too :/ Too many ranged characters. 

Hey pssst... Hatting... Valken is a ranged weapon not a character... you meant Verena right?

Edited by Kentares

After running through the calculator, the Valken is on par with the pulse cannon (tho technically a hair better).

So, while I still would have preferred a melee weapon, another top tier weapon is pretty good (and goes towards 4 ranged group being viable).

Well,

I don't know who designed or tested these heroes, but I love every one of them.

Each day I look through the previews and spoilers and pick which hero I want to try first. It constantly switches. Each of them seems viable useful and fun to play.

I'll be the imperial player first so I assume I'll be playing against all 3 (we have 3 rebel players signed up right now).

I'm excited to test each hero (and players) abilities and see just how the fold out.

For some reason the Twin Shadows heroes never clicked with me, but these, I am HYPE.

My goal is to get Master Operative and Cybernetic Arm on Verena. Just because 7 endurance is a monstrosity that must be witnessed, at any cost.  Now I just need to convince someone else to play the Imperials. Can't wait till Wednesday when the game store says they will have it in.

Little disappointed with the lack of uses for recon tokens. Even Saska has more use for her device tokens it seems.

That was kind of the point of device tokens, they're incredibly versatile but don't have strong effects. Recon tokens are psuedo-permanent so they're stronger but have less uses.

As for command cards, I found those - as well as some Skirmish Upgrade attachments - in a youtube video linked on the BBG forum.

A few of the command cards stood out as being very novel. Foremost amongst them were 'Negotiation' which could be used to cancel a (zero cost) command card played by your opponent.

One command card gives a stronger attack to large based figures attacking a small based figure, one command card gave a stronger attack to a creature, one card allowed a vehicle to attack out of turn as an interrupt (though needed to be ready and would be exhausted by doing so, but still), and one card, 'Set Trap' allows a player to play it at the start of a round to point at a tile on the board and would be able to make an additional attack at the end of the round from one of his figures at an enemy figure, both having to be on said tile.