Sign in to follow this  
Vykk Draygo

Return to Hoth and associated expansions now shipping

Anyone have any play experience with RtH yet?  Would love to hear how the Heroes play out, the new Imp decks.  How is the mission structure?? Missions add any new fun mechanics??  Oh so patiently waiting for my order to arrive...

Edited by jomayo112

May as well talk about the item cards a little:

DDC Defender: Good when combined with point blank shot or set your sights, a tad expensive for what will probably be a secondary weapon though.

Vibroknife: Similar to most of the tier 1 melee items except more single target focused (very cheap and probably worth buying with the intention to re-sell)

Under-barrel HH-4: The optional blast is very handy, so is the accuracy.

Stun Baton: My favourite of the new cards, solid damage, can stun and can act as a weapon for someone who doesn't attack much to get value anyway.

Cybernetic Arm: Bad with 4 heroes since the IP can focus fire and burst you, much better with 2 or 3 heroes.

Enviromental Hazard Suit: Better value than a combat suit or personal shield generator, not sure about laminate.

Valken-38 Carbine: Well, it has the highest expected damage of any weapon in the game, 17/27 chance of at least 1 surge. Haven't done the full math but I think the aim action is probably worth it against Vader, Boba and little else (unless you can't see it without of course).

Vibrogenerator: Good against white die and that's pretty much it. It could be useful if you had a weapon with cleave but didn't need to cleave or stun but I'd usually rather have the balanced hilt so I could guarantee the surge when I needed it.

Concussion grenades: Its an option for spending surplus money but I don't think it's one of the better ones.

Anyone have any play experience with RtH yet?  Would love to hear how the Heroes play out, the new Imp decks.  How is the mission structure?? Missions add any new fun mechanics??  Oh so patiently waiting for my order to arrive...

I played Return to Hoth and Predator and Prey last night. I used Precision Training against Verena, Jyn, Loku, and Fenn. Two narrow wins for the Imperials. It almost feels like a step up from the core campaign. Lots of new surprises for the rebels, I won't spoil anything in open forums. Overall it was great to get some new content and not have to play Homecoming another time.