Sign in to follow this  
MythicalMino

Warhorse

The Warhorse reads: Add your Craft valur to your Strength during battle.

Now, what exactly is the "Craft Value"? Is it simply the number on the character card? or is it the number on the character card + whatever blue tokens that player has gotten? or, is it those two things + everything that adds to the Craft Value?

Thanks

Chris

Mynnotaur said:

The Warhorse reads: Add your Craft valur to your Strength during battle.

Now, what exactly is the "Craft Value"? Is it simply the number on the character card? or is it the number on the character card + whatever blue tokens that player has gotten? or, is it those two things + everything that adds to the Craft Value?

Thanks

Chris

Craft Value= Starting Craft  ( that is printed on the character card indeed)

Dam said:

Makes me feel sad for the people who wrote the rulebook, seems nobody reads it lengua.gif .

(apart from anal-retentive yours truly)

I have read it cover to cover twice and still missed the starting craft blurb among other things... preocupado.gif

I have read it cover to cover twice and still missed the starting craft blurb among other things...

It might depend on the version or edition you have. I have the revised 4th edition and on page 4 it states: "Each player's character card lists his character's Strength, Craft, Fate and life values, . . ." (Bolding is mine for emphasis).

That might be considered a little open to interpretation, but , on page 5 under the heading of Craft it states, "A character's Craft can never below that character's Craft value (i.e. the number printed on the character card)." (Bolding is mine for emphasis.)

The rule book for the 4th edition: Craft value is what you start the game with, the number one the card, NOT your total craft (points from tropies, spells etc etc). This is a good new rule, or else the monk will be overpowerd:)

Thanks a lot! This clarification made the Warhorse and the Monk less horrible. Usually our games ended up with Monk having low strength and insanely high craft :)

Pengy said:

Thanks a lot! This clarification made the Warhorse and the Monk less horrible. Usually our games ended up with Monk having low strength and insanely high craft :)

Weird, since the Monk gains Strength very easily but has a hard time gaining Craft, if he doesn't camp at the Temple's doors for a good part of the game.

Oh, maybe a misphrase. I meant: When someone played Monk the other players intentionally encouraged the Monk player to gain as much Craft as possible (Meeting Death, Fountain of Wisdom and so on) because since we thought that the Monk could add the total of his Craft, he would never really need strength (unless having special encounters, like Trapper, Snake Pit and so forth).

But I agree, usually it's easier to gain strength than craft.